What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

Dragon David

First Grade
If the report is factual that the Bird has flown and not landed at the Gong, then that is good news.

Bird had a couple of good years at the Sharks winning a premiership and not too many players can say this, just ask Steve Rogers and Josh Morris for examples. I understand that he also did OK for us in the lower grades.

I'm definitely not a fan of players not wanted by clubs and particularly any that have persistent injury and medical issues like Bird.

The ideal of having a solid team is having all players fit and injury free for at least 90-95% of the competition season so that all players know each others plays and be consistent. If a player is in and out for most of the comp, the plays become more disjointed in my opinion. Hopefully I am wrong and Bird has a club to go to and play injury free as he can cover several positions well.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Well that goes to show you - just when you thought that the footy gods are not listening to your prayers , bang they answer them .

I am convinced that the Dragons dodged a a bullet with that one .

Now they can use the extra cash for a player who is injury free and also much younger.[/QUO

But that's the shame of it Gaz- Bird is only 25- should be at his peak- poor bastard just born with the wrong body to back up his obvious talent.

Gareth67

First Grade

I did not realize he was that young as I believed that he was in his late 20’s redandwhite4evr , however as a couple of others gents have already said - best wishes to him on an injury free future .

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I did believe that he was in his late 20’s redandwhite4evr , however as a couple of others gents have already said - best wishes to him on an injury free future .
The guy is only 25..

Plenty of time left..

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Supposedly the Dragons put in an offer - and the Broncos rejected it - then the Broncos closed dialogue with no explanation and Griffin told them to get f**ked and said u can keep him
Well, that is a supposed option I guess...

But if the Broncos closed dialogue, did Griffin’s comment make it to them?

qld redvee

Juniors
Remember this is just the Telegraph reporting this.

Waiting for there next headline of "Broncos backflip on Bird deal with Dragons, deal to go ahead"
DS
Im with you if reports are true that jack was telling players he was off to the dragons then we have a similar situation to what balmain went through with matterson who wanted out . If Jack starts "kicking stones" then the broncs may just have to come back to us with a new offer which could be well what we wanted in the firat place . Im extremely "happy" that this new regime is playing hard ball with player selection old supercoach would have rolled over and committed more of the salary cap just to get the team we wanted !!!!!!!! looks like hook and co are a different ( thank god) model . Maybe we will get him on the rebound down the track hopefully by that stage the JDB case has concluded and then playing roster can be tweaked .. we only need Bird at the right price - Hooks price !!

Latest posts