What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the panthers all of a sudden so good?

forby

Juniors
They just don’t get it - nobody has said they’re not a very good football team. They’re getting their knickers in a twist just because it’s being pointed out that whilst they are a very good football team, they’ve also benefited from a number if factors this year. They’re still a very good team, and would no doubt still be Premiership contenders, but they’ve absolutely benefited from teams like the Roosters, Storm and Raiders facing added adversity.
So in summary the reason they are good all of a sudden is they had a soft draw, didn’t travel, played all their games at home, had zero injuries and didn’t face any adversities?
Give me break!

Bazal

Post Whore
Is your name Forby cos you have the intellect of a Forby-Two?

Holy shit. The panthers are good just because they are, it's a mystery without any contributing factors apart from goodness. A reading from the book of smug

forby

Juniors
That’s what I have been saying. The reasons listed above have been a recurring theme.
Everybody should just accept that they are a very good team without all the qualifications and buts!

SBD82

Coach
Possibly but every side has those overhyped players. It is a strange one really how people think but each to their own
I think panthers fans are looking at this the wrong way.

As a general rule, the more successful you are, the more you’re hated.

Most people I know are pretty neutral about the Panthers, but that’s because they’ve been a bit harmless for a long time. They probably deserve to have the feel good underdog narrative attached to them this year, but a combination of Gus, Brandy and overly smug fans has undermined it a bit for people who follow the sport closely. I’m sure casual fans are still backing you in overwhelming numbers.

I reckon you should embrace the hate. You should hope to be more hated come Monday, and to be the most loathed team of the next decade.

SBD82

Coach
That’s what I have been saying. The reasons listed above have been a recurring theme.
Everybody should just accept that they are a very good team without all the qualifications and buts!
I’m with you mate.

In a thread named “why are the panthers all of a sudden so good”, it beggars belief that people are discussing the possible reasons why the panthers are all of a sudden so good.

What a bunch of morons.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Who's crying? It's a defence to those who are suggesting we played every game in Ivans backyard. The hour we had to travel was to play at your home ground. You got to play your home games there too. Why did you lose games? You f**kers should have finished ahead of us with such advantages. Talk about wasting being kissed on the dick by a fairy.
Shouldn’t matter where first grade footballers play. Home ground advantage is a myth, you know, like fortress Leichhardt lol

betcats

Referee
I’m with you mate.

In a thread named “why are the panthers all of a sudden so good”, it beggars belief that people are discussing the possible reasons why the panthers are all of a sudden so good.

What a bunch of morons.

It’s a dumb thread. We are so good cause we had the best defence and the second best attack, the best completion rate also, it’s not rocket science. We also look physically fitter than a lot of nrl sides and have had a lucky injury run this year. This all came from the culture being turned around after last year and a lot of hard work.

If you’re in here talking about soft draws and travel then you’re just a little jealous I’d say. Half the comp had an easier draw than we did, and some teams that went deep into the finals had lots of travel and still did well. The fact that we underachieved last season has got all the muppets with short memories thinking this success has come from no where, fact is we have been building to this for years, you know the old five year plan. Last year was cultural issues exacerbated by the off field dramas and a coaching change.

Last edited:

Chimp

Juniors
It’s a dumb thread. We are so good cause we had the best defence and the second best attack, the best completion rate also, it’s not rocket science. We also look physically fitter than a lot of nrl sides and have had a lucky injury run this year. This all came from the culture being turned around after last year and a lot of hard work.

If you’re in here talking about soft draws and travel then you’re just a little jealous I’d say. Half the comp had an easier draw than we did, and some teams that went deep into the finals had lots of travel and still did well. The fact that we underachieved last season has got all the muppets with short memories thinking this success has come from no where, fact is we have been building to this for years, you know the old five year plan. Last year was cultural issues exacerbated by the off field dramas and a coaching change.

Ah, the soft draw and very little travel compared to their main rivals in no way benefitted the Panthers..... of course....

myrrh ken

First Grade

So it's that 2019 panthers underachieved, not that the 2020 panthers are overachieving in the Covid Cup

franklin2323

Immortal
Ah, the soft draw and very little travel compared to their main rivals in no way benefitted the Panthers..... of course....

Tigers had less travel. How many top 8 sides did Sharks play? I remember the draw getting ranked post Covid and teams having so called softer draws then us