What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

possm

Coach
I believe this is off the table now, but who knows.
Unlike other Clubs, our recuitment is not smart enough to get anything for our players, we just let them go mid contact and then pay overs for journeymen.

And as far as Saab goes, what a joke. Travelling to Manly for training is better than travelling to the Gong. Who know what turned his mind.

I guess it was an argument with Mary and from that time in pride took over and he has a mindset to move elsewhere.

True_Believer

Juniors
Unlike other Clubs, our recuitment is not smart enough to get anything for our players, we just let them go mid contact and then pay overs for journeymen.

And as far as Saab goes, what a joke. Travelling to Manly for training is better than travelling to the Gong. Who know what turned his mind.

I guess it was an argument with Mary and from that time in pride took over and he has a mindset to move elsewhere.

Get anything for our players? What are you talking about? Wouldn't it be better to let them go mid contract if we aren't having to pay for them?

possm

Coach
Get anything for our players? What are you talking about? Wouldn't it be better to let them go mid contract if we aren't having to pay for them?
Example JAC. Storm will not release him unless they are provided with a top grade winger. But we let B Morris go to the Dogs, Thompson and Saab go to Manly all prior to end of contract without requesting any compensation from the receiving clubs.

BLM01

First Grade
Example JAC. Storm will not release him unless they are provided with a top grade winger. But we let B Morris go to the Dogs, Thompson and Saab go to Manly all prior to end of contract without requesting any compensation from the receiving clubs.
Morris wanted to go snd was off contract

Thompson wanted a longer contract and freeing him up freed up cash to spend money that we did on Hunt so we didn’t need
compensation

And How do you know that Saab has gone and that we haven’t got a player in return?

Maddragon99

Juniors
Morris wanted to go snd was off contract

Thompson wanted a longer contract and freeing him up freed up cash to spend money that we did on Hunt so we didn’t need
compensation

And How do you know that Saab has gone and that we haven’t got a player in return?

We’re pretty loaded with backs next year, Lomax, Mat & Max Feagai, Ramsey, Dufty,, Williame, Ravalawa & Pereira plus Schiller & Sauni-Esau In the pipeline. Where would Saab fit anyway?

Dragon David

First Grade
Looks like the Eels will have a few rejects coming up soon. They have officially signed
Tom Opacic a centre from the Cowboys and will be adding hooker Joey Lussick from Salford and Warriors forward Isaiah Papali’i. The Cowboys have signed Lachlan Burr from the Warriors.

While at the Dragons??????????????????

What the hell is the delay??????????????

I keep saying, be patient but for how long???????????

epDragon62

First Grade
Looks like the Eels will have a few rejects coming up soon. They have officially signed
Tom Opacic a centre from the Cowboys and will be adding hooker Joey Lussick from Salford and Warriors forward Isaiah Papali’i. The Cowboys have signed Lachlan Burr from the Warriors.

Long enough...

Dragonslayer

First Grade

None of our football staff ie, coach, assistants and support staff won't officially start until Nov 1. My guess is we'll have to wait until then.

blacksafake

First Grade

Good things come to those that wait?

Well that’s what my mother used to say :wink:

possm

Coach
I'd say that it is a matter of penny pinching again. If the staff have been let go and paid out, then why not get a months start on the huge task ahead. I understand that Griffin is still emplyed in his radio job but I'm sure given the authority, he could direct affairs in his time away from that job.

Millward has always need supervision. He will do very little until he is given direction. All he needs to do is to setup deals for the players Griffin is interested in and then arrange a contract once Griffin gives approval.

It is BECAUSE there are few good players available on the market, that we need to act quickly to seal a deal for those players we want.

True_Believer

Juniors

I don't think you are understanding those situations. Letting them go prior to the end of the contract without having to continue to pay anything is more beneficial for us as is not forcing a player to stay if he doesn't want to.

True_Believer

Juniors
I'd say that it is a matter of penny pinching again. If the staff have been let go and paid out, then why not get a months start on the huge task ahead. I understand that Griffin is still emplyed in his radio job but I'm sure given the authority, he could direct affairs in his time away from that job.

Millward has always need supervision. He will do very little until he is given direction. All he needs to do is to setup deals for the players Griffin is interested in and then arrange a contract once Griffin gives approval.

It is BECAUSE there are few good players available on the market, that we need to act quickly to seal a deal for those players we want.

Have you not read the article on Bird? It says Griffin was keen to have him at the club. So Griffin has been involved already.

And you complained about Millward doing too much with Mary, now you are complaining that he does too little. Get over it. You've got no clue.

BLM01

First Grade

You have nailed exactly the behind the scenes capers again....
Hook and Millward
That lazy don’t care attitude is going to be our Achilles heel yet again:thinking:
OK I get it.. you sucked me in and I took it Hook line and sinker

kit66

Bench

I'd sat round about Nov 1st we'll start hearing a lot of player movement news.

Latest posts