What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

saintm

Juniors
I'd say, for Saints to start a-fresh and begin building a competitive side we need to off-load; Dufty, Norman, Hunt, Merrin and K Sims.

The rest of the marginal players; Pereira, Ravalawa, Williame, Tyrell F and Blacker will have to win a first grade spot from reserve grade.

We need to recruit genuine first grade players for the following positions: Two props, one edge forward and a fullback. So our 17 should look like this;

1. JAC or Bird or Allen
2. Matt Feagai
3. Lomax
4. Max Feagai
5. Ramsey
6. Sullivan
7. Clune
8. Napa
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Jo O
13. De Belin

14. Poasa Faamausili
15. Kerr
16. Lawrie
17. Ford

18. Blacker
19. William
20. Pereira
21. Ravalawa
22. Hunt
23. Norman
24. Merrin
25. Schiller
26. Junior
27. Junior
28. Junior

Only recruiting four new players.

Rumours are that it will be a top 28 for 2021.

I would offer the Storm a swap, Dufty for JAC.
I read all your posts and all you do is knock Dufty give it a rest and have done for years. He had a great season. You want Ado Carr at FB when he has never played there! He wants top dollar and gets paid more on the wing than Dufty does at FB. You have no idea how he will go in that position and yet Matt was consistently one of the best in St George this year! And how dare you declare he has no courage he has fought every step to get where he is with constant negative people bagging him. Thank God you have nothing to do with selections because you talk shit!!!!

Gareth67

First Grade
ABE182E4-FA24-4D96-BC06-AC718F210C01.jpeg

I read all your posts and all you do is knock Dufty give it a rest and have done for years. He had a great season. You want Ado Carr at FB when he has never played there! He wants top dollar and gets paid more on the wing than Dufty does at FB. You have no idea how he will go in that position and yet Matt was consistently one of the best in St George this year! And how dare you declare he has no courage he has fought every step to get where he is with constant negative people bagging him. Thank God you have nothing to do with selections because you talk shit!!!!

Last edited:

possm

Coach
My stance is that I would rather develop our young juniors than keep Hunt or Norman. In fact I do not see an upside in keeping;
  • Merrin - as he is now past it and does not play at first grade level.
  • K Sims - now injury prone and no long of value.
  • Lawrie - is a one dimensional player and will block our juniors.
  • Dufty - could be an option at 6, but does not have the size to be a first grade fullback.
  • Pereira - is a good backup winger but will be blocking young juniors.

Last edited:

saintm

Juniors
My stance is that I would rather develop our young juniors that keep Hunt or Norman. In fact I do not see an upside in keeping;
  • Dufty - could be an option at 6, but does not have the size to be a first grade fullback.
Well for the record Dufty is the last of the St George juniors. His been in their system since 13 and imagine him making the HPU then up against 15 year old Islanders. He was extremely small then. Another motivating factor is people telling him he would never make because he was to small. He bleeds red and white and yet constantly has some people knock him for his deficiencies (which each and every player has) rather than credit his tenacity to come back and fight for a position when told to look for another club, work on areas he needs to improve, never give up and keep proving the knockers wrong - in my opinion that takes courage.

Crush

Coach
Well for the record Dufty is the last of the St George juniors. His been in their system since 13 and imagine him making the HPU then up against 15 year old Islanders. He was extremely small then. Another motivating factor is people telling him he would never make because he was to small. He bleeds red and white and yet constantly has some people knock him for his deficiencies (which each and every player has) rather than credit his tenacity to come back and fight for a position when told to look for another club, work on areas he needs to improve, never give up and keep proving the knockers wrong - in my opinion that takes courage.
Nice post.
A confident Dufty is a weapon.
I hope we find a spot for him long term.

True_Believer

Juniors
If you read the fine print
it’s media talk saying up to 675?
doesn’t mean our last offer was 675k
And after what the media talk is now if true
I bet our next offer is lower again

If we make another offer at all.

And if the 675 is in fact true, you'd have to question the value of Griffins input so far.

BLM01

First Grade
If we make another offer at all.

And if the 675 is in fact true, you'd have to question the value of Griffins input so far.
I disagree in part
I fit Bird is worth every bit of that on the open market (if he can get just about 1 yr out injury free for starters)
If anyone would know about taking a risk on bird thinking he’s gonna break down again then Peter Gentle would know
plenty come back from an ACL or 2 so let’s just wait and see. I know some don’t
I’m just going to wait and see and trust the staff on this one And assume there might be something extra built into the contract
But we will never know fully that answer
Benji come back from 3-4 shoulder recos in a row. Teddy 2-3 yrs out with injury at the Tigers

The calm one

Juniors
My stance is that I would rather develop our young juniors that keep Hunt or Norman. In fact I do not see an upside in keeping;
You have no idea what you are talking about. Dufty, constantly one of our best all year. Pereira tough and hard, something this side needs at the moment, Lawrie, he only carried our forward pack, yeah he did nothing, and you want to get rid of Sims because he got injured. Why because they stop the flow of our juniors. Yeah right, considering that only 1 in every 10 juniors actually play regular1st Grade, this is not the answer to our problem. And can you please get it through your head for the 10,000th time that Norman and Hunt are not going anywhere, how do you know that Hook dosent want them. They will be playing here next year not off loaded. I can not make it anymore clearer

Last edited:

True_Believer

Juniors
I disagree in part
I fit Bird is worth every bit of that on the open market (if he can get just about 1 yr out injury free for starters)
If anyone would know about taking a risk on bird thinking he’s gonna break down again then Peter Gentle would know
plenty come back from an ACL or 2 so let’s just wait and see. I know some don’t
I’m just going to wait and see and trust the staff on this one And assume there might be something extra built into the contract
But we will never know fully that answer
Benji come back from 3-4 shoulder recos in a row. Teddy 2-3 yrs out with injury at the Tigers

Disregarded PG influence there - you are right, you would expect he would know. I still think 675 is too much.

Redhoopz

Juniors
My stance is that I would rather develop our young juniors than keep Hunt or Norman. In fact I do not see an upside in keeping;

I don't think Dufty is too small - he is around the same height as Slater and Papenhuyzen. Not comparing him to Slater. If you take Dufty out of the side, they will struggle to score points.

Lawrie, I thought had a good season, he was our best prop all year and still developing. The only downside was that he got caught out on the goal line a few times.

Back on topic, I personally don't care whether the club signs Bird or not. Too injury prone to warrant the money...

BLM01

First Grade
In
You have no idea what you are talking about. Dufty, constantly one of our best all year. Pereira tough and hard, something this side needs at the moment, Lawrie, he only carried our forward pack, yeah he did nothing, and you want to get rid of Sims because he got injured. Why because they stop the flow of our juniors. Yeah right, considering that only 1 in every 10 juniors actually play regular1st Grade, this is not the answer to our problem. And can you please get it through your head for the 10,000th time that Norman and Hunt are not going anywhere, how do you know that Hook dosent want them. They will be playing here next year not off loaded. I can not make it anymore clearer[/QUOTE

O’Learned one, you have come out for some sunshine to release some energy
The old marsupial has antagonistic traits
You are better than that!

The calm one

Juniors
@The calm one O’Learned one, you have come out for some sunshine to release some energy
The old marsupial has antagonistic traits
Ignore and do keep breathing deeply
You are better than that!
Chosen one, how are you my disciple, bless you. Mate antagonistic traits is an understatement. You honestly get more sense out of Donald Trump, full of covid. Anyway back to the player thing. Iam venturing into into the forest this weekend to assist Owen in planting this season's tomato :tomato: crop. I will see if the wise old owl can fulfill me with gospel truths. Bless you, stay calm.

Last edited:

Latest posts