What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Panthers vs Storm

Smug Panther

First Grade
Don't normally watch the Fox League shows but being GF week I have. No one of note has given us a chance (James "I use my big boy voice on tv" Hooper) doesn't count. This is great news

GongPanther

Referee
If we win the forwards will have overcome the Storm pack. Kikau. Fisher-Harris, Api, Martin, Yeo, one of those.
This is the moment were we have to step up quite a bit in a couple of areas from the past few games if we have a chance of beating the Storm.

I see this game as being two bulls going head to head in a brutal match that has the potential to go down as one of the greatest games for a long, long time.

But all in all...the only thing we have to remember is that we are all proud of what the Panthers have done this year. Win lose or draw, to us they are champions.

sparky34

Juniors
Dont put a lot of faith in TV tipsters but Benji marshall on NRL 360 (Foxtel) gave the Panthers a massive wrap, he definitely thinks we can win and win well, I listen to Benji above most, appears to be an intelligent thinker on all things RubA League unlike Buzz and a few others that make it up in the pub.

maple_69

Bench
Dont put a lot of faith in TV tipsters but Benji marshall on NRL 360 (Foxtel) gave the Panthers a massive wrap, he definitely thinks we can win and win well, I listen to Benji above most, appears to be an intelligent thinker on all things RubA League unlike Buzz and a few others that make it up in the pub.

Benji does seem to be pretty astute. He was comparing his Tigers to our side which I don’t think is totally accurate. Melbourne are a MUCH tougher prospect than the 05 Cowboys who the Tigers best 50-6 in week 1 of the finals. Anyway, I reckon if Burton walks I’d be very keen to get Marshall in as depth.

sparky34

Juniors
Benji does seem to be pretty astute. He was comparing his Tigers to our side which I don’t think is totally accurate. Melbourne are a MUCH tougher prospect than the 05 Cowboys who the Tigers best 50-6 in week 1 of the finals. Anyway, I reckon if Burton walks I’d be very keen to get Marshall in as depth.

Yea Melbourne are a much harder nut to crack than the 05 Cowboys but we are also a much better team than the 05 Tigers.
Even if Benji doesn't play next year he would be a great acquisition to the coaching staff, plus a good influence on the young guys coming through.

I don't bother with tipsters either. Most of them didn't even have us in their top 8 at the start of the year. Quite a few thought the Roosters would beat us in week 1 of the finals.

We play our best for 80 minutes I think we will win.

2003 was a similar story. Written off all year and not many thought we would knock off the Roosters. We did.
Had a Father and Son combo back then.
Deja vu anybody?

Latest posts