What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Burwood

Bench
Brown had a thing for Lamb and Lamb was thrust in too early with too much pressure. AOB seems a bit the same with Hoy.

Hoy has played 9 career games, and 7 of those were off bench. Considering the circumstances faced this year, not playing him would have seen him lose 12 months of development.

ryana87

Juniors
Rugby league report Facebook page (take with grain of salt) says James Roberts being released early and Knights most likely to pick him up

Probably be an upgrade over Shib and Tuala..... Just hope (if true) it isn't that big of a deal

Yosh

Coach
James Roberts?? Hope he is on minimum contract because we need all the cap space we can afford to spend on halves atm.

Mr_Knightside

Juniors
James Roberts would come with a bit too much baggage unfortunately. Sadly his career has been littered with off field issues and I think his time as an elite player might be up.

I’ve got no problem with AOB wanting to have a couple of cheap rolls of the dice but I’d rather see it with younger players on a small pay packet rather than Roberts who’s had plenty of chances already.

Tuala is a good example, we got him here cheap after it didn’t work out at the Cowboys and I think we can agree that Tuala was worth the investment, his form dipped at the end but that’s to be expected with a young player.

Roberts could be decent value on a low money deal but with his track record I can’t see him turning it around at this stage so it would be best for us to stay clear of him.

aqua_duck

Coach
Signing Roberts would be absolutely pointless if we don't address our halves issues. Even Roberts at his absolute best would struggle considering our backs rarely see good early ball with some room to work with

Latest posts