What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT: Current Affairs and Politics

Gronk

Staff member
I have no idea what’s going to happen in the US election in 2 weeks, but I find this facinating.

2016 election results vs this week’s covid numbers.

9911AE8B-F401-407B-8B50-2090C7422598.jpeg

6BD3856D-9AAC-4DDC-93EC-0717DF331410.jpeg

Gronk

Staff member
Except that it’s not spurious. Right now republican areas are getting hit hard. The juxtaposition merely offers something to reflect upon on Nov 3, or when ever they. Have a winner.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Perhaps people in Republican areas are less well placed to lock themselves indoors and shut down their communities. They're not getting hit because they're Republican, neither are they Republican because of Covid. Both things stem from their socioeconomic situation. Ergo, the correlation is spurious.

Gronk

Staff member
Perhaps people in Republican areas are less well placed to lock themselves indoors and shut down their communities. They're not getting hit because they're Republican, neither are they Republican because of Covid. Both things stem from their socioeconomic situation. Ergo, the correlation is spurious.
Getting covid is a consequence of your socioeconomic status in USA ?

You’re probably right if that also correlates with gullibility and ignorance.

Happy MEel

First Grade
There is certainly merit in that, similar to the possibility of republican constituents following the lead of their President in downplaying COVID-19 and not taking it as seriously as perhaps they should.

Funnily enough, it does correlate with those areas most likely to go out and vote in person on election day. Or, maybe one should say, those places where certain people would like to clamp down on people going to vote in person on election day.

You see, I can do connections, too.

strider

Post Whore
I see Gronks point - good theory mate ..... the Democrats are poisoning the Republicans with covid in an attempt to win the election

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It’s socioeconomic, but equally republicans are more likely to take less precautions from what I can see.

HJ’s point is a good one. Plenty of republicans won’t be scared to get out and vote. I think we will see another 4 years of Trump. I hope you are match fit Gronk.

Gronk

Staff member
It’s socioeconomic, but equally republicans are more likely to take less precautions from what I can see.

HJ’s point is a good one. Plenty of republicans won’t be scared to get out and vote. I think we will see another 4 years of Trump. I hope you are match fit Gronk.
I have almost given up on the USA being smart enough to do the right thing. Mentally I am prepared for the worst news, so yes it seems the fight will continue.

Gronk

Staff member
They have a voluntary voting system that (either by deliberate design or resistance to modify) frustrates discentivises and obstructs the average joe. Why do they put up with this f**kery ?

strider

Post Whore
FMD - have they only got one pencil to use in the voting booth? .... I'd be f**ked if i would queue that long if i didn't have to

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Getting covid is a consequence of your socioeconomic status in USA ?

You’re probably right if that also correlates with gullibility and ignorance.
You're assuming everyone agrees that getting a virus with a 97% survival rate is the worst thing that can happen to you. Being happy requires accepting some risk, not living in fear.

Latest posts