What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Watching Lussick play, looking pretty ordinary so far!
There is a reason he was a punted off to Salford, he's bog average which is how Bea Arthur likes his dummy halves. A plodder who leads the line speed is all he wants and he wonders why attack has been shitty for most for the time he's coached here.

If he repeats next season the tripe he dished up this year, he’d be the worst player I’ve watched in an eels Jersey. How can you defend what he dished up? :joy:

You obviously haven't watched too many Eels games then mate. His defense obviously went up to crap in the last half. But to say he'd be the worst player you've watched.......Maybe people just disagree with your assessment and don't favour hyperbole.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
When Waqa came, I lurked in the Panthers forum, and they were all saying no worries, we are better off, Naden is a better player anyway. I laughed out the side of my mouth. I still think there is hope for the merkin.

Except on our forum would you see any poster say they're worse off for letting a player go?

...letting Kelepi Tanginoa will bite us on the backside one day

IFR33K

Coach
You obviously haven't watched too many Eels games then mate. His defense obviously went up to crap in the last half. But to say he'd be the worst player you've watched.......Maybe people just disagree with your assessment and don't favour hyperbole.

Hopefully his defense is sorted and that’s the last of this conversation. But not only was his defense below par, but he rarely created anything for fergo and barely passed it to him. He had one very average season

T-Boon

Coach
French belongs in the NRL but I don't think at Parra.
He wouldn't want to play for a coach who is only interested in defense.
I could see him staring at Canberra, Rooster or the Storm. If he was with the storm I think he would play origin.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
French belongs in the NRL but I don't think at Parra.
He wouldn't want to play for a coach who is only interested in defense.
I could see him staring at Canberra, Rooster or the Storm. If he was with the storm I think he would play origin.
Be honest now. Have you seen him play since he left? ESL seems a pretty good fit for blokes who are too good for reggies, but not good enough to hold down a top 17 in the NRL.

T-Boon

Coach
Be honest now. Have you seen him play since he left? ESL seems a pretty good fit for blokes who are too good for reggies, but not good enough to hold down a top 17 in the NRL.

I watched about 20 minutes of a game a few weeks ago. I'll look at some highlights now. Bevan was always good enough except he really went backwards in that 2018 season that Brad Arthur botched so badly.

T-Boon

Coach
I’ve noticed that French often wears 6 but plays fullback. Why? Is his defence still shit?

I think they see him as a libero. He has to be attacking in the middle like a fullback. There is no way you would have him playing a number 6 role in attack and who cares where they defend with him.

I would have him and Gutherson playing the same role in attack and have one less centre as centres hardly do anything in attack these days.

I think he would thrive under the 6 again rule.

strider

Post Whore
I think they see him as a libero. He has to be attacking in the middle like a fullback. There is no way you would have him playing a number 6 role in attack and who cares where they defend with him.

I would have him and Gutherson playing the same role in attack and have one less centre as centres hardly do anything in attack these days.

I think he would thrive under the 6 again rule.
So one side of the field you will have one less player? Or do you mean one of them will actually slot in at where the centre would be randomly? In which case one of them just plays centre.

And then who does the 2nd ruck back from a kick when the centre is not there?
And who defends where the centre defends? Guth? Cos it wont be french.