What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

George Sancti

Juniors
Whilst the silence on recruitment is excruciating, I am pleased that there has not been a slow trickle of reserve grade talent coming into the club as has been the case in previous years.

I am hopeful that the Canterbury Cup team will primarily comprise local juniors and that there will two or three purchases of superior talent to strengthen the first grade team.

possm

Coach
Whilst the silence on recruitment is excruciating, I am pleased that there has not been a slow trickle of reserve grade talent coming into the club as has been the case in previous years.

I am hopeful that the Canterbury Cup team will primarily comprise local juniors and that there will two or three purchases of superior talent to strengthen the first grade team.
Yes, I'm sure Griffin will strengthen our first grade 17 first and then backfill the CC squad with juniors. There will be quite a few 2020 first graders who are still under contract and find themselves in reserve grade in 2021.

Banjo2014

Juniors
1 November is around the corner and my fears are growing:-

Bryce Cartwright
Aiden Tolman

Also my smokey - Benji signs for a year

possm

Coach
1 November is around the corner and my fears are growing:-

Bryce Cartwright
Aiden Tolman

Also my smokey - Benji signs for a year
There is no upside in signing any of the above players. I have confidence in Griffin's judgement and believe he would choose a young gun over sub-standard first graders; unless of course he is confident of being able to improve a player to the standard he requires.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Oh my god!!! If those 3 sign on I’ll be disposing of every single bit of dragons gear that I own in the bin
I would much rather look to within for a year and try to get Crichton the following year. I would play Sims at right back row and Ford at left back row (his natural position) Hopefully a solid off season can get both up to form. Much like Leilua at the Tigers and Lomax here if we just stick with Ford in one position for a year we will reap the benefits.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
I heard that we chatted to Ky pre Hook coming on board

I have also heard that we are still negotiating as a lock / middle but not as a prop

BLM01

First Grade
Oh my god!!! If those 3 sign on I’ll be disposing of every single bit of dragons gear that I own in the bin
Yep those 3 are coming + Aaron Woods, Josh Rreynolds, Brad Takarangi, Lafai...give em all a home at the Dragons....where is Lachie Maranta.;)

epDragon62

First Grade
Yep those 3 are coming + Aaron Woods, Josh Rreynolds, Brad Takarangi, Lafai...give em all a home at the Dragons....where is Lachie Maranta.;)
I met Josh’s mum yesterday; lovely lady. Was going to UK but C19 likely to quash that. “Madge does not like him”

Not for us, that’s certain.

possm

Coach
And if he plays anything but CC then we have f**ked up yet again.
Griffin will look hard at Feagai V Williame and I'm sure he will come up with the right solution. I say let the Broncos keep Bird as he has an option to stay until the end of 2022. That will take up a fair bit of the cap.

SnowDragon

Juniors
I was glad when we signed Williame as we needed another centre option (though I have concerns on his defence)... Max though has to me ready showed he is a better player imho, and the upside with him is huge!

let’s hope the new coaching staff can develop him and the others

be55

Juniors
Some dude on Facebook saying we've signed Brendon Elliott we can't be that desperate can we
I think he's had about five clubs and didn't he do his ACL...

People have been crying out for signings, can't wait for the shit to hit the fan in here if he is the first one...sounds like garbage to me but who knows....

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Some dude on Facebook saying we've signed Brendon Elliott we can't be that desperate can we

He's a better fullback than Dufty IMO. At least he isnt afraid of the high ball or to put his body on the line and he has done a job for Manly every time Tommy Turbo gets his annual injury.

I read Bevan French wants to come back to Oz after 3 seasons at Wigan, I wouldn't mind seeing us have a go at him if it means getting rid of Dufty.