What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Happy 10 year anniversary

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Raise a beer at 6.50pm.

Feels like only yesterday.

images

images

images

images

Dragon David

First Grade
2010: What a great team of players, what a year, what a coach. It was so good. The guys were great and to see all of those tries again was fantastic. Morris, Soward, Boyd, Nightingale, Cooper, Creagh, Gasnier, Fein, Hornby, Young, Weyman, Prior,Costigan, Smith and so on all so good.

Would love this scenario repeat itself again in the not too distant future.

TruSaint

Referee
10 years eh?

I treasure the memories.

My only regret is I never got to watch live a GF win by Saints as a stand alone. Didn't get to 77 or 79, but was there for the four after. And of course the JV in 99.

Oh well. Being nostalgic now, but 2010 was a wow of a year.

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
10 years eh?

I treasure the memories.

My only regret is I never got to watch live a GF win by Saints as a stand alone. Didn't get to 77 or 79, but was there for the four after. And of course the JV in 99.

When you’ve got time I’ll fill you in on 64, 65, 66, 77, 79 and tell you about his sick I was as a kid that I couldn’t go in 63.

I’ve almost gotten over 75 & 85 but if I have too many beers it does flash back unfortunately.

Sorry you didn’t see them but you will hopefully see some in your lifetime that will make up for it.

TruSaint

Referee
When you’ve got time I’ll fill you in on 64, 65, 66, 77, 79 and tell you about his sick I was as a kid that I couldn’t go in 63.

I’ve almost gotten over 75 & 85 but if I have too many beers it does flash back unfortunately.

Sorry you didn’t see them but you will hopefully see some in your lifetime that will make up for it.

Funny thing is mate, at the GF's I attended that we lost, the build up that week/s was worth it. EG, 96 when Waite got us to play a damn fine Manly side I was gutted yet proud as punch.

Great memories... Cheers

merahputih

Juniors
10 years eh?

I treasure the memories.

Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

redv13

Bench
What a great day, chanting and singing in the rain with family and friends cheering on the mighties!! Last 20 mins was unreal knowing that the chooks were plucked and it was finally going to happen!! Then back to Kogarah Oval for a few beers and some more celebrating. Oh what a day!!!

BLM01

First Grade
I was there towards the back of the eastern grandstand but still a good view on the 20 metre line where Dragons scored all the 2nd half tries.
Then back to the Wah (Allawah pub for those that dont know) about 10.00pm..and who should I run into there celebrating with dragons supporters..Keith Galloway
But what was the best part was standing on the pub balcony, umpteenth beer in hand and the street bumper to bumper with cars heading back to the Taj tooting the horns
Get back home down the Gong 3.30am...Yep...the replay goes on and continued celebration
BMoz really did put his foot out....but their 1st try was a knock on before grounding so all sq :)

redv13

Bench
I was there towards the back of the eastern grandstand but still a good view on the 20 metre line where Dragons scored all the 2nd half tries.
Then back to the Wah (Allawah pub for those that dont know) about 10.00pm..and who should I run into there celebrating with dragons supporters..Keith Galloway
But what was the best part was standing on the pub balcony, umpteenth beer in hand and the street bumper to bumper with cars heading back to the Taj tooting the horns
Get back home down the Gong 3.30am...Yep...the replay goes on and continued celebration
BMoz really did put his foot out....but their 1st try was a knock on before grounding so all sq :)
Had some lovely nights at the Wah when I was a younger fella between 17 and my early 20’s

BLM01

First Grade
Had some lovely nights at the Wah when I was a younger fella between 17 and my early 20’s
Me too!. The progression went "the Wah", "Hill St", "Roundabout" or Stallions for the older ones..then if still into it taxi to the "B & B Steak at the Cross. Oh how good to blow your pay packet on the weekend.

blacksafake

First Grade
2010: What a great team of players, what a year, what a coach. It was so good. The guys were great and to see all of those tries again was fantastic. Morris, Soward, Boyd, Nightingale, Cooper, Creagh, Gasnier, Fein, Hornby, Young, Weyman, Prior,Costigan, Smith and so on all so good.

Would love this scenario repeat itself again in the not too distant future.
Some real unsung heroes in those days, Saffy, Fein, Prior etc, etc