What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game 2020 Crowd Watch

Perth Red

Post Whore
Sunday 25 October
Summary
showers.png

Min 13
Max 17
Showers. Windy.
Possible rainfall: 10 to 25 mm
Chance of any rain: 90%
rain_90.gif

Sydney area
Cloudy. Very high (90%) chance of showers. The chance of a thunderstorm in the early morning. Winds southerly 35

I guessing about 35000. Weather will be a major deterrent.

hah what sort of sftcock misses a GF because of a bit of rain?

Yet you aren't going..

How many people attended the EPL or the NFL on the weekend? Anything NRL get is better than bigger sports in the world.. people need to get persective
Im not a fan of either side , Ive been to 19 GF's not involving my side & one with them in it.
Ive done my part & then some , the only perspective required is .... we only have 40K seats to fill & grand finals for most fans with their team in it , is still very very rare.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
For stats sake (since its an unfair comparison, and will have an asterix) is that the lowest ever recorded?
Lowest since the 1978 replay, lowest actual Grand Final crowd since 1951 when the GF was last played at the Sydney Sports Ground (the venue eventually replaced by the SFS in the 80's)

undertaker

Coach
Regarding the upcoming Origin series, I don't know what the crowd limit will be at Adelaide Oval.

75% full (40k) Suncorp will look and sound good on tv.

However, if tonight's match is any indication, 37-40k at ANZ Stadium will be lacking that Origin feel and atmosphere from years gone by. There was something about tonight's NRL GF in a approx. half-full stadium, watching it on tv, I dunno....it felt like just another NRL match.

yobbo84

First Grade
Regarding the upcoming Origin series, I don't know what the crowd limit will be at Adelaide Oval.

75% full (40k) Suncorp will look and sound good on tv.

However, if tonight's match is any indication, 37-40k at ANZ Stadium will be lacking that Origin feel and atmosphere from years gone by. There was something about tonight's NRL GF in a approx. half-full stadium, watching it on tv, I dunno....it felt like just another NRL match.
15k at Bankwest is louder/better than 40k at ANZ

greenBV4

Bench
Tickets went onsale a couple of days after the GF for all 3 games
Strange all the advertising I saw was for game 2 and 3 only, figured with the reduced capacity Adelaide was already sold out from sales earlier on the year that weren't refunded

Either way good work Adelaide (although it is only 20k ish isnt it? Im surprised they didn't move the Adelaide game to next year)

Latest posts