What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Styles clash

Juniors
And the reason for that is the players themselves don't want expansion yet as they believe it will dilute the quality.

Ah, most players would support extra team(s). Lowers the chance their current contract is their last. Given how non-existent player development in WA is they'd be the exact people getting those contracts.

Last edited:
and all the other sports that have teams in Perth, how do they deal with this humongous logistical challenge?

THE TAXING travel burden on WA-based players and the associated financial cost for their clubs will be eased when more business class seats are provided on cross-country flights from next season.

It was confirmed on Tuesday that the AFL's collective bargaining agreement struck with the AFL Players' Association would cover an additional dozen business class seats for Eagles and Dockers players.

"We're delighted with the 12 business class airfares for our players, we think it's a terrific outcome from a player welfare point of view," Eagles general manager of football Craig Vozzo told AFL.com.au.

"The fact that the AFL are paying for it as part of the CBA is a really good outcome for us as a travelling football club.

"We've always looked to provide additional business class flights for our players, but they've been at our cost in the past, so this is a much welcomed change."

The WA clubs travel significantly further than the other 16 teams, and currently attempt to secure as much extra legroom in business class or exit rows for players wherever possible.

"It would be a great outcome if all 22 to 24 (travelling) players could be sorted with some level of comfort," Vozzo said.

"Player comfort is really important from our point of view, particularly with the older guys, they really appreciate the extra comfort and legroom both pre(-game) but particularly post-game.

"I think it's a really good innovation that's been a long time coming."

The new travel arrangements will go a small way to helping address the competitive disadvantage faced by West Coast and Fremantle.

Retired Dockers legend Matthew Pavlich, who is the AFL Players' Association president, is the only WA-based player to pass the 300-game milestone and understands better than anyone the travel burden.

"In an ideal world, we'd love all players to fly business class all around the country," Pavlich said.

"Clearly that wasn't able to be achievable so the team that flies the most and the furthest, that was a priority to alleviate some of that competitive balance issue.

"It's a good outcome. It's not exactly where nirvana would have been, but it's a good thing for the WA clubs, which I can strongly advocate for."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/47054/travel-upgrade-for-wa-clubs-under-new-cba

Bhaaaaaa
You just Can't hide your hatred .
Keep stewing it's hilarious .

Lol you're probably more upset than usual because fumbleball is now over for the year.

PVL chooses Bris 2 over Perth.

PR goes beserk.

Then AwFuL chooses Brissie over Perth for the fumbleflag.

Not a good year for PR.

I've loved 2020. Seeing my side relegate the Donkeys to the wooden spoon, in front of their own fans at Lang Park, was great.

Now we just need Penrith to send Cam Smith out with a loss beside his name and it will be perfect.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Not logistically and financially difficult enough to dissuade AFL, Cricket Australia & BBL, Super Rugby, NBL, A-League, Supercars (if motorsport counts)
Even the Australian Ice Hockey League and Australian Baseball League, both of which are tiny and run on the smell of an oily rag compared to the other leagues you mentioned, somehow manage to have teams from Perth in their leagues.

If they can manage the supposed logistical and financial nightmare of running clubs out of Perth then the NRL can do it as well, and if the NRL truly can't manage it then they should be replaced with a new governing body that can.

Big Moose

Juniors
Stuff like this is why I can't see the V'landys genius others somehow do. How does running down Victoria when Victoria has a NRL team help rugby league? It's 2020; people in the rest of Australia see this shit.

Since he's talking about the AFL... something the AFL never does (let alone does intentionally) is talk down NSW and QLD and make them feel outside the AFL ecosystem.
Because they have probably spent a billion dollars there to make the sport relevant to the non expats that follow it.
Lived in Melbourne 35 years, a week wouldn’t go by without RL and Sydney in particular being bagged by AFL people in media. Good on him for serving back their own medicine which they cannot cop.

Big Moose

Juniors
PVL chooses Bris 2 over Perth.

PR goes beserk.

Then AwFuL chooses Brissie over Perth for the fumbleflag.

Not a good year for PR.

I've loved 2020. Seeing my side relegate the Donkeys to the wooden spoon, in front of their own fans at Lang Park, was great.

Now we just need Penrith to send Cam Smith out with a loss beside his name and it will be perfect.
The AFL media spin machine has drawn in the knob himself Robert Craddock. Praising the dribble that took place last night in his article today and then mentioning Origin is struggling to sell out at Suncorp. Tickets go on sale Tuesday....
V’Landys is the guy to call out this crap

Because they have probably spent a billion dollars there to make the sport relevant to the non expats that follow it.
Lived in Melbourne 35 years, a week wouldn’t go by without RL and Sydney in particular being bagged by AFL people in media. Good on him for serving back their own medicine which they cannot cop.
this x10000000
Braindeads like PR who pretend they love RL are having a shot at him for firing back at the polo Pratt who said AFL is No1 in QLD .
It's so refreshing to have someone who doesn't roll over & tell the AFL to go in dry .
Someone who takes no shit off fumblehouse & fumble media.

Could be wrong here but I can’t recall (our Melbourne friends can help here) Andrew Demetriou or the new guy running their game ever bagging our game. They probably do but I figured they alway let the media to the shit talk for them and they appear to be above it. Thats how I think V’landys should have handled it. I think bagging them is Rothfield level and not becoming of a leader. I like Vlad, think he’s been wonderful for the game in a shitty year. Great organiser. Now I’d like him to step up an be an inspirational leader and unite the country in supporting our great game.

Front-Rower

First Grade
Could be wrong here but I can’t recall (our Melbourne friends can help here) Andrew Demetriou or the new guy running their game ever bagging our game. They probably do but I figured they alway let the media to the shit talk for them and they appear to be above it. Thats how I think V’landys should have handled it. I think bagging them is Rothfield level and not becoming of a leader. I like Vlad, think he’s been wonderful for the game in a shitty year. Great organiser. Now I’d like him to step up an be an inspirational leader and unite the country in supporting our great game.
The bogans love it, but the ceo of a company should not be bagging the opposition, period.