What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Old tiger 79

Juniors
As much as you try you can’t forget your merged clubs history of a total 21 wooden spoons lol
Magpies 17
Balmain 4
When you merge two clubs their history merges into one

I’ve asked you this before but you never answered me where you originally a magpie or Balmain fan?
You are the epitome of a dumb merkin lol

simmo05

Bench
I said earlier, that I think (hope) the deal is done, just waiting on the storm.
Both CEO & coach went on leave a week or so ago, I doubt they would do this if it wasn't done (again I hope so).
Oh god, this is why he left in the first place wasn't it??

Rhyno

First Grade
What was the hand gestures jac was doing that needs to investigated before he signs with any club

Magpies Forever

Juniors
The ceo wouldn't go on leave with players to sign. From memory that's exactly how we lost JAC in the first place.

Surely, learning from the situation, if CEO goes on leave, which he is entitled to, someone must be delegated to act on his behalf in an emergency and give ok on something. Or, being even more antiquated- there is phone and internet to communicate and give Ok to something. No one is incommunicato these days. It is an excuse.

Tigerm

First Grade
Surely, learning from the situation, if CEO goes on leave, which he is entitled to, someone must be delegated to act on his behalf in an emergency and give ok on something. Or, being even more antiquated- there is phone and internet to communicate and give Ok to something. No one is incommunicato these days. It is an excuse.
OR

the deal has been done

The Rosco

Bench
What was the hand gestures jac was doing that needs to investigated before he signs with any club
It was sign language for "Parra are choking wankers"
Actually, it was only sign for "Parra are chokers"
You don't need to know how to sign, to use your hand to suggest the term "wanker"
. . . and besides, what are you still doing on our forum ?
Shoo . . . go back to Parra.

Last edited:

Mario chalmers

Juniors
upload_2020-10-26_18-0-48.png
upload_2020-10-26_18-1-9.png

This is a Brent Read article from the Australian published a few hours ago. It's clear based on these quotes that JAC is yet to agree to a deal with any club.

Based on the rumours about Souths and Canterbury putting their hat into the ring most recently, it's my view that WT should be putting a deadline on JAC to sign with us or pull the deal. It's not our problem if Melbourne want a player as compensation. It should be the responsibility of JAC's manager to fill that spot.

If we sit around waiting like we did last summer for Latrell we'll be left desperate and dateless again.

Mario chalmers

Juniors
The ceo wouldn't go on leave with players to sign. From memory that's exactly how we lost JAC in the first place.

Id argue we're more likely to sign players while Pascoe is on holidays!

The guy is an embarrassment. We've never made the finals while he has been in charge. Star players have walked out of the door year after year. He turns up to press conferences looking like he's just got out of bed. Under his leadership the Campbelltown region has been largely ignored which is crazy as the region is full of juniors. The sooner he is moved the better.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
Flanagan officially a Bulldog, things will start moving now as teams will want to start locking in squads for next year. If Sualli signs with the Roosters we'll know fairly quickly if Souths are signing JAC.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/1f5f2a6af052bc4e12e9c6b551e530a9

Kyle Flanagan signs with Bulldogs on monster three-year deal
Kyle Flanagan has signed a monster $1 million-plus deal with a Sydney club after being released by the Roosters at the end of the 2020 season

Hoofhearted

Juniors
And a bit more from NRL.com, the fact that we are the only ones to table an offer at this stage tells me we are not his preferred. If we were and the deal was good he would of signed, the fact they are still fielding offers tells me he's after more money or his preference is elsewhere.

Dogs set to seal Flanno deal as Foxx replacement catches Storm's eye

Author
Dan WalshNRL.com Reporter
Mon 26 Oct 2020

Departing Storm speedster Josh Addo-Carr wants to take on a leadership role mentoring young players as a player trade involving Canterbury's Reimis Smith gains traction with the 2020 premiers.

Addo-Carr's whirlwind season continues on Wednesday when he goes into NSW Origin camp, three days after crowning his last game for Melbourne with a second premiership in four seasons.

Discussions around where he lands in 2021 will ramp up as well now his club commitments are over, with the Bulldogs joining Wests Tigers in pursuit of the NRL's fastest man.

Canterbury's renewed interest in Addo-Carr comes as a three-year deal for Roosters half Kyle Flanagan edges closer to being announced.

The young half confirmed his exit from Bondi on Instagram on Monday night with a series of photos from his season captioned "shocked and disappointed", before going on to thank the club and its fans.

"Shocked and Disappointed. I want to thank everyone involved with my time at the @sydneyroosters. A rollercoaster year but full of memories I’ll remember forever. To the fans, I appreciate the ongoing support, it’s been unreal. To the lads, I loved every minute with you boys. #1191," he wrote in the post.

His departure comes after just 12 months as Cooper Cronk's No.7 successor.

The Bulldogs are yet to make an official announcement on Flanagan's playing future.

Meanwhile, NRL.com understands the Tigers original four-year offer for Addo-Carr remains the only contract tabled to his camp at this stage.

However, Canterbury's interest has firmed recently behind the scenes.

Smith has been touted as the potential replacement Melbourne have always said they required before Addo-Carr's return to Sydney on compassionate grounds could be completed.

It is understood Smith, who has scored 25 tries in 49 Bulldogs appearances, would be entertained by Melbourne as a suitable option after several others – including Alex Johnston and David Nofoaluma were pursued unsuccessfully earlier this year.

Smith is contracted to Canterbury for next season and it is unclear whether he would be willing to make a Melbourne move.

And

Read posted on Twitter Monday that Flanagan’s move to the Bulldogs, reported to be announced this week, will trigger a “player frenzy” which could see Cowboys star Jake Clifford make a move to the Knights.

Newcastle is reportedly hoping to secure Clifford as the club’s preferred halves partner for Mitch Pearce.

Fox League also reported that it could open the door for a lifeline for Benji Marshall at the Cowboys under former Tigers teammate Todd Payten.

simmo05

Bench

Fordy20

Juniors
Based on the rumours about Souths and Canterbury putting their hat into the ring most recently, it's my view that WT should be putting a deadline on JAC to sign with us or pull the deal. It's not our problem if Melbourne want a player as compensation. It should be the responsibility of JAC's manager to fill that spot.

Tartak has already left us high and dry on a player swap, so he doesn't deserve any favours when it comes to releasing players.