What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

IFR33K

Coach
Average minutes:
70.0 Yeo (26)
64.3 Brown (27)
58.0 Fisher-Harris (24)
55.6 Finucane (29)
55.4 Campbell-Gillard (27)
54.7 Paulo (27)
48.9 Bromwich (31)
43.8 Welch (26)
41.8 Tamou (32)
40.5 Niukore (24)
37.0 Asofa-Solomona (24)
33.0 Leota (25)
31.6 Tetevano (30)
28.3 Evans (28)

We could've played Paulo and RCG for fewer minutes if we had better support on the bench. Giving Lane some minutes in the middle undoubtedly helped, but none of our guys are 30+ like Tamou, Bromwich or Tetevano. Our oldest middle was Kane Evans who has never been good at effort-on-effort .

Maybe not thrashing NBrown, paulo and RCG thru the year and giving a Evans, stone, Kafusi and even Alvaro a decent run at some stage may of been beneficial for the team come semi final time. I honestly don’t even know why stone was in the team.

IFR33K

Coach
It's all relative. I reckon we started the year strong and ambushed a few sides, especially right after the Covid break. As other teams gained fitness and form they caught up. That doesn't mean we got worse, just that we peaked sooner.

We got worse but feel free to spin it all you like. Points dried up, we leaked tries like a sieve, and our defensive line had more holes in it than Swiss cheese.

IFR33K

Coach
No doubt, but he isn’t in the top 10 worst players to pull on a parra Jersey!
That’s a crazy statement

So far he is. He was horrendous running out of the line like a headless chook. If he went on the open market as of today, I can’t think of any teams chasing him. If his form continues next year he’ll be shown the door, lets hope there’s some takers

Pazza

First Grade
* some bench forwards (our starting 13 is as good as anyone else's, imo; but once RCG, Paulo, and Nathan Brown go off, the only player we have with any punch is Niukore, and Marata needs some help)

I'd love to see Marata develop some footwork at the line. The guy is such an athlete and hits the line with good size and a lot of speed. I don't want to see him bulk up over the off season, i'd love to see him try and work a step into his runs every now and again. He already looks to break the line and get quick play the balls just with speed and power. Throw a bit of a step in there he'd clean go past the first tackle frequently.

lingard

Coach
It's all relative. I reckon we started the year strong and ambushed a few sides, especially right after the Covid break. As other teams gained fitness and form they caught up. That doesn't mean we got worse, just that we peaked sooner.

So Arthur needs to work out how to get us to peak at the right time, eh?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I really think Waqa Blake's defence is so poor because the defensive coach has him confused. It is the only explanation I can come up with and hopefully that'll be sorted out this pre-season. He will probably never be a great defensive centre but surely he can improve markedly. Surely?
If Brenko Lee can win a premiership surely Waqa Blake can.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Is the average calculated over 20 rounds or games played Poo?
I thought the point of the discussion was evaluation of workload throughout the season. Many of those within the comparison played fewer weeks therefore by definition their workload cannot be compared. Maybe Ive missed the point?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
See how misleading stats can be?
How is that misleading? It shows exactly how many offloads teams threw. Good evidence that our guys were trusted to pass the ball if there was an opportunity.

Personally I think Arthur trusts some of his players too much, when what is needed is more structure and less freedom for many of them. Our team offload stats support this. There's nothing misleading about them.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So Arthur needs to work out how to get us to peak at the right time, eh?
We've peaked later in the season ('17 and '19). The problem wasn't when we peaked but just not being as good as the better teams. At least peaking earlier means we win more games and finish higher on the ladder.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I thought the point of the discussion was evaluation of workload throughout the season. Many of those within the comparison played fewer weeks therefore by definition their workload cannot be compared. Maybe Ive missed the point?
Yeah fair point. Total number of games should be listed alongside these, or even total minutes. You're retired Gaz. Get on it.

TheRam

Coach
They keep the same jersey number all season. As an example, here's Kenny Edwards wearing the same number every game this year despite starting at second row, hooker and off the bench: https://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/MzItMjAyNS0tNS0tLS0tMjA1ODctLS0tLS0tLS0tLS0t

You did see him catching the ball at the back from bombs and making the last tackle at the back in defense right?

He interchanges between second receiver and fullback, but wears the 6. It is as clear as day if you take that Pou out of your eyes mate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You did see him catching the ball at the back from bombs and making the last tackle at the back in defense right?

He interchanges between second receiver and fullback, but wears the 6. It is as clear as day if you take that Pou out of your eyes mate.
In most teams the fullback is second receiver.