What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Social distancing issue....

Obviously most of you blokes are going along with the tyranny being imposed on us for a so called pandemic that has a 3% chance of killing you, with 97% chance of it being no worse than a bad case of flu! How long are we prepared live our lives like this? Even the PCR test has over 90% chance of a false positive. Have we ever known of a disease that you have to be told you have got it?! We have allowed those in Gov. to ruin our small businesses, keep us apart from loved ones, especially interstate, fine us heavily for not obeying their unlawful mandates
Which would you sooner have? Life like it was (Sweden -photo from a week ago) or how it is here in our "free" Australia?5f85a2b1203027241a5d46f3.jpg

Quicksilver

Bench
Three percent is a pretty high death rate.

that’s 1 out of every 33 people.

I’ve found life in Sydney hardly tyrannical. I’m still doing everything I want to do.

I’ve found life in Sydney hardly tyrannical. I’m still doing everything I want to do.

Sorry for misleading you there - Of all the worlds tested +ve Cases, only a small proportion will need hospitilisation, with 97% pulling through it. Of the 3%, that you'd think didn't survive, according to WHO the current death rate is less than 2%. If you're happy with social distancing, having them constantly track your movements, and numbers restricted for your kids sport ( latest being Little Athletics) with the prospect of this being your new normal - good luck to you and any one else feeling the same - This is nothing more than an exercise of Control!

Sorry for misleading you there - Of all the worlds tested +ve Cases, only a small proportion will need hospitilisation, with 97% pulling through it. Of the 3%, that you'd think didn't survive, according to WHO the current death rate is less than 2%. If you're happy with social distancing, having them constantly track your movements, and numbers restricted for your kids sport ( latest being Little Athletics) with the prospect of this being your new normal - good luck to you and any one else feeling the same - This is nothing more than an exercise of Control!
I agree with you about the controlling exercise, the govt has latched onto it and wont want to let it go.
Me myself I just choose to not go to pubs, clubs etc. Not because of getting the virus but because I dont want to sign in to places for the purpose of tracking and, more importantly, I f**king hate being told that I have to sit somewhere and not being allowed to move. I was out after I'd been trying to give up the smokes, I started lighting up while I was out just so I could stand and go for a walk outside.
I love being at gigs, but to take the freedom away of having a jig and good time, just sitting there does my head in.

In saying that, I appreciate that some people need to take it more seriously. I have a few mates who are looking after their elderly unwell parents, they basically dont want to be the ones to pass it on to the parents which could kill them.

Latest specs (?) from trusted (?) sources:
The Guardian -South Korean Doctors call for a cessation of Flu shot (36% more likely to contract CV-19) after 25 deaths
Swiss Policy Institute - Below 70yrs of age you have .05% chance of dying from the virus
Rockerfeller Foundation -94% of Covid deaths had underlying conditions of which many related to nuitrition
The best for last
US CDC - No virus isolates are currently available!! How can we test, make vaccines etc when this is the case!
Don't comply!

Frenzy.

Immortal
I agree with you about the controlling exercise, the govt has latched onto it and wont want to let it go.
Me myself I just choose to not go to pubs, clubs etc. Not because of getting the virus but because I dont want to sign in to places for the purpose of tracking and, more importantly, I f**king hate being told that I have to sit somewhere and not being allowed to move. I was out after I'd been trying to give up the smokes, I started lighting up while I was out just so I could stand and go for a walk outside.
I love being at gigs, but to take the freedom away of having a jig and good time, just sitting there does my head in.

In saying that, I appreciate that some people need to take it more seriously. I have a few mates who are looking after their elderly unwell parents, they basically dont want to be the ones to pass it on to the parents which could kill them.

Which is why signing in at venues to allow contact tracing is of utmost importance if that's all it would be used for. "IF!"

At work I have to scan a barcode every day for the purpose of contact tracing. So do the patients, contractors, volunteers, visitors and underwater basket weavers. I don't mind that as it's work and that's where'll I'll be even if big brother is after me.

I don't think venues should use eSign in apps though. A simple sign in sheet like clubs use for a visitor outside 5 kms or whatever is all that is required really. It's only supposed to be so people can get a call or email if they have been in close contact.

There's already been coppers asking to see the eSign in records of patients in hospitals. Too bad for them that record is covered under Privacy Act. Venues would probably allow them.

Frenzy.

Immortal

Can I clarify this?

That's 3% of COVID cases not overall percentage of death rate for the country.

Overall at October 25th it was still significant though with 905 deaths from COVID accounting for 1.3% of total deaths in Australia. That will put it in the top 20.

There has only been 41 deaths due to influenza in 2020. 0.06%

Obviously most of you blokes are going along with the tyranny being imposed on us for a so called pandemic that has a 3% chance of killing you, with 97% chance of it being no worse than a bad case of flu! How long are we prepared live our lives like this? Even the PCR test has over 90% chance of a false positive. Have we ever known of a disease that you have to be told you have got it?! We have allowed those in Gov. to ruin our small businesses, keep us apart from loved ones, especially interstate, fine us heavily for not obeying their unlawful mandates
Which would you sooner have? Life like it was (Sweden -photo from a week ago) or how it is here in our "free" Australia?View attachment 43192
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/10/10/coronavirus-denier-sick-spreader/

Generalzod

Immortal
Apparently at the stadium today/tonite you would have to be 1.5 metres apart entering ,but when inside the stadium you can sit next to each other. Lol

Last edited:

snout

First Grade
Can I clarify this?

That's 3% of COVID cases not overall percentage of death rate for the country.

Overall at October 25th it was still significant though with 905 deaths from COVID accounting for 1.3% of total deaths in Australia. That will put it in the top 20.

There has only been 41 deaths due to influenza in 2020. 0.06%
71% of all statistics are inaccurate

DJDL

Bench
Which would you sooner have? Life like it was (Sweden -photo from a week ago) or how it is here in our "free" Australia?View attachment 43192

You do understand exponential growth, don't you?

The last week alone has seen ~3,000,000 reported new cases, handing ~90,000 people their death sentence (based on your 3% mortality rate).
That's a jump of ~7% on YTD numbers. In the space of a week.

And you're ok with that?

Then you can factor in people like the guy in the article Feej linked.
Survivors, but left with major physical impairment.

Again, you're ok with that?

You do understand exponential growth, don't you?

The last week alone has seen ~3,000,000 reported new cases, handing ~90,000 people their death sentence (based on your 3% mortality rate).
That's a jump of ~7% on YTD numbers. In the space of a week.

And you're ok with that?

Then you can factor in people like the guy in the article Feej linked.
Survivors, but left with major physical impairment.

Again, you're ok with that?
I've already poo hooed my 3% figure - the fatality rate is actually less than 1%! But you blokes can hunt for anything that suits your fear, keeping in mind that the PCR test gives over 90% false positives and was never made to detect the virus that according to CDC has not as yet been isolated! It is now a Casedemic with deaths not keeping up with the cases. Anyway I'm not bothered to argue any more -I will not comply with any of their rules - but you all go ahead and wear your masks, keep 1.5M apart and pray for your savior vax to hurry up and come, and just pray it doesnt affect your health for the rest of your lives!

Quicksilver

Bench
The nature of the virus changes over time as it evolves. As does our understanding of it. I’m not sure why people would expect perfect answers with perfect results. We have a pretty good idea about how to reduce transmission though. To me it just seems like good practice to follow it. Just for harm minimisation.

it’s not the first pandemic and won’t be our last. In an historical context we’ve been a pretty blessed generation when it comes to war, famine, natural disaster, political/social upheaval and pandemic. It’s made us very apathetic towards these issues. We’re ripe for some sucker punches.

Sharkman

Juniors
Which is why signing in at venues to allow contact tracing is of utmost importance if that's all it would be used for. "IF!"

At work I have to scan a barcode every day for the purpose of contact tracing. So do the patients, contractors, volunteers, visitors and underwater basket weavers. I don't mind that as it's work and that's where'll I'll be even if big brother is after me.

I don't think venues should use eSign in apps though. A simple sign in sheet like clubs use for a visitor outside 5 kms or whatever is all that is required really. It's only supposed to be so people can get a call or email if they have been in close contact.

There's already been coppers asking to see the eSign in records of patients in hospitals. Too bad for them that record is covered under Privacy Act. Venues would probably allow them.

Yep venues have no choice but to show.

been doing some work for Service NSW on check in apps and forms and linking the QR code scanning to either your ServiceNSW app or a web form, both of which will be stored SNSW servers and provided to Health in need.

I much prefer anything linked like this, despite the big brother component, as I know where the data goes and how restricted the access is.

All those other providers are a free for all, wouldn’t trust my details are scrubbed after 28 days, but I do it anyway.