What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Canard

Immortal
Victorians from all walks of life have been slagging off Queenslanders for years.

Back in the 70s my mum encountered some rather hostile Victorians who immigrated to Queensland. They told their kids, in open view of their neighbours, to not talk to "Queenslanders".

My sister met a Victorian while she was living in England, around 20 years ago. They were both getting on well, then when my sister mentioned she's from Brisbane, the Victorian gave her a death stare and walked away.

Melbourne-based sketch shows like Fast Forward and Full Frontal routinely mocked Queenslanders. Sir Joh was made into a caricature and anything he said or did was used to pigeon-hole all Queenslanders as backwards. You wouldn't know about those shows as they were on TV before you left the land of the soapdodger for the land where people drink their beer chilled.

A couple of years ago Victorians were demanding Queensland be kicked out of the Commonwealth because we refused to vote for Bill Shorten and The Greens.

They call us banana benders and rednecks.

So why should I care if PVL gives the snobs a taste of their own medicine?

This reads it was posted by a 12 year old Bogan who thinks going to Cavill Avenue means he is "well travelled".

By the way Fast Forward debuted in 1989, and Joh resigned in disgrace in 87.

Jamberoo

Juniors
Ch9 said after the gam they were going to discuss the 17th team, but here in Melbourne Ch9 went to the news before anything was mentioned?

This reads it was posted by a 12 year old Bogan who thinks going to Cavill Avenue means he is "well travelled".

By the way Fast Forward debuted in 1989, and Joh resigned in disgrace in 87.
Did you ever watch the bloody show?

There were plenty of skits on it that parodied Sir Joh, especially their send ups of ACA.

What sort of wanker bases their worth on how many cities they've visited?

This obsession you have with "bogans" is bizarre, and reeks of insecurity.

Canard

Immortal
Did you ever watch the bloody show?

There were plenty of skits on it that parodied Sir Joh, especially their send ups of ACA.

What sort of wanker bases their worth on how many cities they've visited?

This obsession you have with "bogans" is bizarre, and reeks of insecurity.

"Someone once looked at my mum and sister funny"

That doesn't make you sound like a dumb redneck at all.

"Someone once looked at my mum and sister funny"

That doesn't make you sound like a dumb redneck at all.
Not knowing the difference between "there", "their" and "they're", which is a mistake you've made in the past, is a characteristic of a "dumb redneck".

Are you stupid enough to think you're now a member of high society because you've travelled to Melbourne?

That's how you're coming across.

Big Moose

Juniors
Victorians from all walks of life have been slagging off Queenslanders for years.

Back in the 70s my mum encountered some rather hostile Victorians who immigrated to Queensland. They told their kids, in open view of their neighbours, to not talk to "Queenslanders".

My sister met a Victorian while she was living in England, around 20 years ago. They were both getting on well, then when my sister mentioned she's from Brisbane, the Victorian gave her a death stare and walked away.

Melbourne-based sketch shows like Fast Forward and Full Frontal routinely mocked Queenslanders. Sir Joh was made into a caricature and anything he said or did was used to pigeon-hole all Queenslanders as backwards. You wouldn't know about those shows as they were on TV before you left the land of the soapdodger for the land where people drink their beer chilled.

A couple of years ago Victorians were demanding Queensland be kicked out of the Commonwealth because we refused to vote for Bill Shorten and The Greens.

They call us banana benders and rednecks.

So why should I care if PVL gives the snobs a taste of their own medicine?

Not just Queenslander’s mate, every state cops it but once the serve is returned they go to pieces. Apparently its the only place in the country that has “culture” (whatever that means) which I assume is what they call sitting in a laneway drinking a coffee.

What V’Landys is aware of is the constant migration of fumble loving Victorians to Queensland (which is their reference to the Gold Coast) because they like holidays there so want to live there. Letting Brisbane run with a single NRL team gives the AFL equal presence (as on the GC) hence his push to bring in that second team and reinforce the heartland. Potentially a third team one day on the Sunshine Coast isn’t out of the question either as the temp status of the Storm demonstrated this year.

He’s a great leader. He knows how to unsettle the AFL people that have had a charmed run for 30 years and journos doing their mudslinging for them. Robert Craddock attempting to stick the boot in yesterday in another death riding article, by reporting origin 3 in Brisbane is struggling to sell tickets despites sales not opening tomorrow is a prime example. V’Landys will hit back at that stuff.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Ch9 said after the gam they were going to discuss the 17th team, but here in Melbourne Ch9 went to the news before anything was mentioned?

Yes I saw that and was thinking great some news and plans at last. Alas I think it had to do with the Coolangatta Koalas they advertised with Wendell.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
this dck is determined to kill what little interest there is in RL outside of nsw and qlnd.

I agree with this. How does a born and bred Victorian, hardcore Melbourne Storm supporter feel about statements like this?

I love it that he throws jabs at the AFL but to include the Victorian comment is throwing jabs at some of our RL family

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
PVL chooses Bris 2 over Perth.

PR goes beserk.

Then AwFuL chooses Brissie over Perth for the fumbleflag.

Not a good year for PR.

I've loved 2020. Seeing my side relegate the Donkeys to the wooden spoon, in front of their own fans at Lang Park, was great.

Now we just need Penrith to send Cam Smith out with a loss beside his name and it will be perfect.

C'mon mate Smithy is a Logan boy and a QLD legend

Jamberoo

Juniors
Not just Queenslander’s mate, every state cops it but once the serve is returned they go to pieces. Apparently its the only place in the country that has “culture” (whatever that means) which I assume is what they call sitting in a laneway drinking a coffee.

What V’Landys is aware of is the constant migration of fumble loving Victorians to Queensland (which is their reference to the Gold Coast) because they like holidays there so want to live there. Letting Brisbane run with a single NRL team gives the AFL equal presence (as on the GC) hence his push to bring in that second team and reinforce the heartland. Potentially a third team one day on the Sunshine Coast isn’t out of the question either as the temp status of the Storm demonstrated this year.

He’s a great leader. He knows how to unsettle the AFL people that have had a charmed run for 30 years and journos doing their mudslinging for them. Robert Craddock attempting to stick the boot in yesterday in another death riding article, by reporting origin 3 in Brisbane is struggling to sell tickets despites sales not opening tomorrow is a prime example. V’Landys will hit back at that stuff.
Do you really think PVL’s comment will unsettle the AFL? Hardly. It appears PVL’s vegetarians in Queensland like meat and also ABBA. His stuff is funny but of little consequence. The good news is that in VIctoria no one knows who he is and whatever derogatory comments he makes will have zero affect on the popularity of RL. We will just have a chuckle and and continue winning just about everything.

Latest posts