What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Panthers vs Storm

Munky

Coach
Naden should have started.

I said it during the week to yank him if he was struggling. The Melbourne left side is about speed rather than sleight of hand and doesn't have Cody Walker.

A fresh May midway through the second half would have been lethal.

One of the all time coaching blunders for mine.

What happened from mid way through the first half to the Crichton try was some of the worst footy I've ever seen by a team.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Never had a chance, it been all about Cameron Smith, even the pre GF preview was all about him. So glad he didn't win Clive Churchill. Well done Ryan. f**k you Smith.

MTNPanther

Juniors
Feels like 1990. The cliche is correct, lose one to win one. This hurts so much, but this experience will drive them next year.
This sums it up! We lost the hunger it seemed! We did good this year unfortunately we took 50 mins to turn up in the big dance. I gotta day Kikau was rubbish tonight should’ve been hooked for capewell early and naden should’ve started. We didn’t respect the football but it’s a cliche now but next year we are coming back hungrier with more intent. Congrats to storm they faced more than enough this season I don’t like em but gotta respect what they did this year!

age.s

First Grade
We've been overawed virtually the entire finals series, so the signs were there. A few (very) shitty calls went their way in the first half and we didn't deal with it well. We're too good to be blown away but the damage had been done.

Not interested in dissecting some of the poor performances by our players, but Ivan needs to take a good hard look at some of the decisions he made to a team on one of the best winning streaks in RL history. He's bottled it badly this last fortnight. We scraped by against Souths but unessesarily fielding a makeshift centre while weakening your bench is not going fly in a GF against Melbourne and is inexcusable from a coach who's no 1 attribute is apparently his unflappability.

On the whole though, I think we were the best team over the course of the year and this experience will burn the players badly enough that they won't let it happen again. I'm genuinely positive about our prospects over the course of this decade.

SBD82

Coach
Commiserations panthers fans, I know there’s probably nothing I can say to take away the shitty feeling right now, but I hope you take some solace in the fact that you are supporting a great club, that is doing a fantastic job of bringing through league players that play the game to a great standard. Your club has developed a model that I’d love to see mine emulate.

Good luck in 2021.

kinghippo

Juniors
If Naden starts I think we win. The attack looked so much better being able to attack that edge with a strong runner. Ivan panicked and cost the game.
I think Ivan lost his nerves as soon as the finals started.
He started fiddling with the forward rotations and then messed the team up with the Naden change.
I don’t think it’s a coincidence our last 3 games were some of our worst.
Dropping Naden would have divided the team a bit and messed with confidence.
We will come back stronger and everyone will be clapping us on the back for a great year but we squandered our opportunity tonight.

Fangs

Coach
I put that down as a choke.

Arse first half from Melbourne. But it was a mirror of our other finals series games. Penrith were clearly the better team and didn't put them away. We only have ourselves to blame.

Halves once again didn't take control. We didn't build pressure. Interchange use was also questionable.

2020 is one forgettable year.

Munky

Coach
If Naden starts I think we win. The attack looked so much better being able to attack that edge with a strong runner. Ivan panicked and cost the game.

I agreed with decision last week for May to start only to throw a spanner in the works against Cody Walker. As good as the storm left side is they rely on speed not poor decisions caused by sleight of hand.

He might have laid a hand on Papen/Olam too. Couldn't have defended worse.

I don't know if he would have defended better, like last week he somehow got beaten when there wasn't an overlap when he came on.

However the right side attack had nothing since Martin, Edwards and May have no pace. All very strong players but a little pace outside would atleast put doubt in the defences mind.

Latest posts