What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gUt

Coach
Gus Gould is insufferable. He said roughly 400 times some version of "I've watched Penrith come from behind a dozen times", as though he were the only one watching those games. Then of course, they didn't. Where was the flabby windbag's chest thumping then? f**k Channel 9 are trash.

stryker

First Grade
As much as I’d have loved to win that by a more comfortable margin, it did feel exhilarating having that scramble at the end come at a halt
Bellamy and Smith both looked furious at full time.
I reckon someone had to remind them that they’d just won the GF.

stryker

First Grade
Gus Gould is insufferable. He said roughly 400 times some version of "I've watched Penrith come from behind a dozen times", as though he were the only one watching those games. Then of course, they didn't. Where was the flabby windbag's chest thumping then? f**k Channel 9 are trash.
He only started piping up when the Melbourne sin binnings began.
I don’t know why his opinion is respected.
He is very rarely proven correct when he makes predictions.
He built his rep mansplaining the obvious to the audience after the fact.
Total fraud. Suck shit to him forever.
Additionally he must loathe Smith. He proved him wrong for the better part of a decade at Origin Level and many, many times for Melbourne. Pretty funny really.

mongoose

Coach
Fantastic result, incredibly disappointing effort from Penrith, though not entirely unexpected.

Nathan cleary is simply not a big game halfback. I urge NSW to pick him for as long as they please.

Penrith have been wildly overrated all year and in both the Prelim and GF they were found wanting.

Most pleasingly was getting to enjoy the dejected coverage of Channel NSW and their collection of drug addicts, drunks and gamblers. For someone who is not normally subjected to the incoherent ramblings of the biased NSWankers on that network, it was great to see their side utterly destroyed in the Grand Final.

I think the Panthers overachieved a bit this year. Don't get me wrong, I think they deserved to be in the grand final but the 17 wins in a row wasn't a fair indication of their true ability. They only beat the Roosters by a point, they could have lost to the Rabbitohs if Adam Reynolds was standing just a foot back when he kicked that 40/20. The Storm just had their number all night and outclassed them in the end.
Anyway they will be back next year and may even be premiers but there is a whiff of the 2001 Eels about them this year

Latest posts