What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Valheru

Coach
This was eerily similar to the 2001 eels

5 points clear at the top

Meandered through a prelim against a 5-8 placed side

Blown off the park in the first half of the GF.

Rallied in the 2nd half when it was all over to ultimately lose by 6.

It remains to be seen if Penrith capitulate in the following few seasons like parra did. Parra finished 6th 9th and 12th the following 3 seasons.

Gee Ivan Cleary had a real brain fart in putting Tyrone May into the starting side. He was the worst player on the field last night for either team. Naden had played very well all year, yet Cleary benched him for this nuffie?! It blew up in his face deluxe. It took him 59 minutes to give him the hook and the damage was done. Penrith only started to click in attack once Naden came on to the field. Makes you wonder what might have been had he been put on earlier, or you know, started.

footy75

Bench
Just finished watching the game and struggled to maintain my attention after the Cameron Smith try. I'm still in shock how the Panthers played like the Dragons for an hour. As soon as they blew their 1st two chances it felt like it wasn't going to be their night and continued to throw the game away. You now joined the illustrious group of clubs that have lost to the Storm in a grand final and I'm absolutely filthy about it.

I hate to think what Cameron Smith and Craig Bellamy are doing with the trophy right now. I'm sure poor Norm has his head buried inside Cam's anus while Arthur is getting his head polished by Bellamy's wrinkled hairy balls.

What a fitting way to end a f**king miserable season. Now watch QLD win the series just to add extra salt.

Get f**ked.

Cheer up old mate.

It remains to be seen if Penrith capitulate in the following few seasons like parra did. Parra finished 6th 9th and 12th the following 3 seasons.
Came in to post something similar re: the uncanny Parra '01 similarities. Blown away by a side containing a future immortal. Were never in the game only jagged a few tries after the other side had already won and had the cue in the rack. Penrith though, would never have scored a point if not for some horrendous leg-ups from officials desperate to make a game of it.

Lebbo73

Bench
As long as Smith/Bellamy are there Melbourne will always be strong. Expecting them to drop off though when they both finish. They are the heart and soul of that club.
They should shift the Storm to the Sunshine Coast permanently once Bellamy finishes up at the end of next season. Melbourne will be shot once they leave. They should also give the Redcliffe side the green light. This will allow for 4 sides in SE Qld and one in North Qld.

Lebbo73

Bench
Just finished watching the game and struggled to maintain my attention after the Cameron Smith try. I'm still in shock how the Panthers played like the Dragons for an hour. As soon as they blew their 1st two chances it felt like it wasn't going to be their night and continued to throw the game away. You now joined the illustrious group of clubs that have lost to the Storm in a grand final and I'm absolutely filthy about it.

I hate to think what Cameron Smith and Craig Bellamy are doing with the trophy right now. I'm sure poor Norm has his head buried inside Cam's anus while Arthur is getting his head polished by Bellamy's wrinkled hairy balls.

What a fitting way to end a f**king miserable season. Now watch QLD win the series just to add extra salt.

Get f**ked.
Never go full genius

soc123_au

Staff member
Gee Ivan Cleary had a real brain fart in putting Tyrone May into the starting side. He was the worst player on the field last night for either team. Naden had played very well all year, yet Cleary benched him for this nuffie?! It blew up in his face deluxe. It took him 59 minutes to give him the hook and the damage was done. Penrith only started to click in attack once Naden came on to the field. Makes you wonder what might have been had he been put on earlier, or you know, started.
Yep, the usually unflappable Ivan shat himself pretty hard with this one.

The Panthers ill discipline and panic out there in that first half was just embarrassing. Terrible coaching effort to bring your worst half of the year to the gf.

Nadens elongated estrangement was one of the worst selection decisions since Mary rested Ben Hunt after origin last year for a do or die game. That omission wasted an entire season.

If he wasn’t to start, then ffs drag him on at 12 nil when the Storm showed they had their gf hats on. It’s not f**king rocket science.

Tyrone May also played his part in the implosion with his ridiculous and doomed attempt to stop that try. He can take some responsibility for the loss on his own. Muppet.

Kiks was playing jungle ball out there for most of the match. All that power and energy instead of being pumped into the smug, just released into open air and wasted.

And the wasted captains challenge. Who the f**k called that?

That silly intercept pass? It was never on.

Once Naden came on, the whole Panther smug thing settled onto the game, but by then the Storm had nailed it.

I enjoyed the additional panic at the end, but Ivan should have brought the extra zing on just after half time.

A lot of coaches and players, everything suddenly becomes f**king urgent once the game is lost.120 years of the game and no one has learned anything about this simple proposition.

I feel for the panther fans, But rugby league is not a fairy tale. It’s usually a nightmare.The storm winning is less invigorating and interesting than separating your garbage into red, green and yellow bins.

That “v” stands for a state government that screwed up co vid pretty badly and the merkins who voted them in. The whole state of Victoria should be administered by NSW and we will sort the mess out ( not supporting any political party).

And the witless Ivan blew that game several times over. If they make it next year, he should stand aside for gf week, hide under a bed and let the team coach itself.

Last edited:

Tiger Shark

Bench

I do see a lot of similarities. Also very doubtful they have such a good run with injuries. Not to mention if Origin is back mid season next year it could affect them.

Them got some very good players in that team but I feel almost that entire squad was in career best form and unsure if they can repeat it next year.

And who knows what effect Tamou and Barrett leaving has.

Still should be there abouts but no chance they dominate like this again.

Missed a massive opportunity

Latest posts