What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

soc123_au

Staff member
I do see a lot of similarities. Also very doubtful they have such a good run with injuries. Not to mention if Origin is back mid season next year it could affect them.

Them got some very good players in that team but I feel almost that entire squad was in career best form and unsure if they can repeat it next year.

And who knows what effect Tamou and Barrett leaving has.

Still should be there abouts but no chance they dominate like this again.

Missed a massive opportunity
Tamou is a big loss, he will be missed for sure. I think we will be ok as long as we have a decent run with injuries. We still have some great young players waiting for a chance, so depth is still ok. maybe a little thin on props, although Yeo & Martin could cover there effectively if required. I can't see a repeat of this years domination, but you don't really need that to have a shot at the premiership. make the 4 & be close to fit at the end & you have a ticket in the lottery.

This was eerily similar to the 2001 eels

5 points clear at the top

Meandered through a prelim against a 5-8 placed side

Blown off the park in the first half of the GF.

Rallied in the 2nd half when it was all over to ultimately lose by 6.

It remains to be seen if Penrith capitulate in the following few seasons like parra did. Parra finished 6th 9th and 12th the following 3 seasons.

And then end up with a bald coach who can't string two sentences together

Tamou is a big loss, he will be missed for sure. I think we will be ok as long as we have a decent run with injuries. We still have some great young players waiting for a chance, so depth is still ok. maybe a little thin on props, although Yeo & Martin could cover there effectively if required. I can't see a repeat of this years domination, but you don't really need that to have a shot at the premiership. make the 4 & be close to fit at the end & you have a ticket in the lottery.

Depth is fine, but a couple of marquees always helps!