What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 GF | PREMIERS - Storm 26-20 Panthers @ ANZ

Grand Final: Panthers v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's a rainy afternoon.
In 2020 big Sydney.
Geez, it's been 17 years.
Brandy...they were so fine.

Footyball, footyball
Boys from the west.
You burned the comp
With a glittering class
You had a dream, only Penrith folk could see.
You gave us laughs for free, for free.

Brandy, Brandy, Brandy...
Seventeen in a row.
Caught the bus...on the road
but where'd it go?
Panfas just let it go.
Life is crazy,
Brandy, Brandy.

With thanks to Iggy Pop.

gUt

Coach
DAF4B2.gif

soc123_au

Staff member
It's a rainy afternoon.
In 2020 big Sydney.

Footyball, footyball
Boys from the west.
You burned the comp
With a glittering class

Seventeen in a row.
but where'd it go?
Panfas just let it go.
Life is crazy,
Brandy, Brandy.

With thanks to Iggy Pop.
Not bad.

Apey

Staff member
Yep bad call. But it was outweighed by a number of others in the first half.
Yeah nah.

Only bad call in the first half was Kikau's offload being ruled forward. Not sure why they didn't challenge? Couldn't?

Actually I'd say those two were the only real bad ones in the match. Both sin bins were correct.

The_Frog

First Grade
Yeah nah.

Only bad call in the first half was Kikau's offload being ruled forward. Not sure why they didn't challenge? Couldn't?

Actually I'd say those two were the only real bad ones in the match. Both sin bins were correct.
The Mansour no-try was 50/50. Looked like a defensive decision and the bloke could not have got near stopping it. The first Storm try also was a technical decision on a rule made for player safety but strictly under the rules correct. Perhaps this ought to be looked at in the off season because this was nothing like Slater kicking which led to this rule being brought in. The Kikau one Crichton was away and a try would most likely have been scored. Challenging it would have resulted in a "mutual infringement".The ref should have let the play go on.

Anyway we didn't handle all this well at all and didn't deserve to win.

Reflector

Juniors
Like last years decider this one left me with bittersweet feelings. Because although the CPF won and got a handy ride from Sutton, what also stood out was:

- Penrith did themselves no favours with poor ball control, playing as if it was 0-0 when down by 10. Patience after the 20 minute mark and working their way into the contest as opposed to trying to score off every set could've got them back into the game, into the lead and into the record books as the Premiers. You can't say Storm won because of the ref, Panthers had plenty of chances to turn it around that would've enabled them to capitalise on the last 15 minutes when they got the rub of the green.

- Glad the right man got the CC medal

- Cameron's post-match speech (again) went on for a while, but (again) was the benchmark in professionalism and giving credit to everybody who deserved to be given credit after the season that has been. This is one thing Cam does that younger players/ captains would do well to take a cue from. Save the "Yeah the boys" shit for the dressing room.

- As a NSW fan, the prospect of having a backline of Teddy, Fox and Pap got my dick hard. The NSW backs production line is becoming what the Maroons' halves production line was from the mid 2000's- 2010's.

- When Melbourne's run began, they won the Minor Premiership but couldn't get the job done against this years' wooden spooners in what (to date) was the last GF they won. Could be a good omen for this Panthers squad who have plenty of good years ahead of them...

This Year?

Immortal
Haha haha
Cry yourself to sleep?

If it was the Dragons there would have been rivers of tears and the sook post would have been 4 times as long and would have rivalled that Kiwi post.

Cheer up old mate.

I'm happy for you as a fellow fan and I hope every salty post from every Storm hater (including myself) makes you smile. You're one of the good eggs and you don't get into the bants even when you have bragging rights. Enjoy another premiership!

Reflector

Juniors
Is Cameron Smith's post game speech still going?

"I also want to thank all the people who posted in LU this season and all my fans and the games' fans there, we couldn't have done it without the people posting in the match-day threads and the mods and the discussion that helped to keep this 2020 season going. I want also to give a special mention to all the people who started threads about myself, about Souths and about the Broncos. To Penrith, I know what it's like to come this far and then not get the result on Grand Final day and as somebody who was in the very position you find yourselves in right now against the same club that won this years' wooden spoon, your time will come around. I've been smug for 15 years so you fellas have plenty of good years in front of you..."

The Rosco

Bench
It's a rainy afternoon.
In 2020 big Sydney.

Footyball, footyball
Boys from the west.
You burned the comp
With a glittering class

Seventeen in a row.
but where'd it go?
Panfas just let it go.
Life is crazy,
Brandy, Brandy.

With thanks to Iggy Pop.
. . Nice work hatter, but to be fair, Kate Pearson deserves a mention too.

Latest posts