What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question on Peter V'landys

PVL ...good for RL or not?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It’s funny how the eastern states hate each other so much.I grew up in Western Sydney and I remember everyone really hating on Victorians. If a new kid showed up at school and he was from Melbourne. He would literally get spat on. You would think that we would hate Queensland more due to SOO. I wonder who would win if we had civil war? Thank you for reading HomoMan’s thoughts of the day:pray:
I like NSW. Out of all the states, it's the only one that's similar to Queensland.

I don't really care about SOO these days. It's just a money making machine for Ch9. Adding Bris 2 and 3 means more to me than SOO.

Just a side note to this, I meet lots of international students through my wife's connection to the Latin American community (she's Colombian) and I find it so cool that going to a Broncos game at Suncorp is the ''cool'' thing to do in Brisbane. It is seen by them as a 'must-do' event which is really nice to see. No other team in the city enjoy this status and long may it continue.

A second side and a derby game can only help this.
I hope they all take a wooden spoon to Lang Park next year, judy for giggles. The best way of getting through lean times is by embracing humour. It could become like the cricket where people dress up in funny costumes.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought Yorkshire didn't particularly like Lancashire, and the North don't like the South in England but the dislike cities have for each other on the east coast is bizarre lol. Cant say Ive been to any city in Australia I didnt like and pretty much found everyone to be the same.

no name

Coach
Do you really think PVL’s comment will unsettle the AFL? Hardly. It appears PVL’s vegetarians in Queensland like meat and also ABBA. His stuff is funny but of little consequence. The good news is that in VIctoria no one knows who he is and whatever derogatory comments he makes will have zero affect on the popularity of RL. We will just have a chuckle and and continue winning just about everything.
Victorians know who V’Landys is. He’s the bloke who turned Caulfield Cup day into Everest Day.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Victorians couldn’t care less. He has zero presence here. We are pretty comfortable with where we sit in the world of sport and are used to NSW’s jealousy of it.

That's proud words but hollow nonetheless.

PVL attracted huge attention on Victorian media outlets this year, building on previous notoriety from his time in racing.

They care a lot.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The more you cry about V’landys the more I want him in charge permanently. Do you really think sleazy Beattie could’ve done anything he has done this year. Most probably not. And none of the Storm players are actually Victorians

im happy for you

Dodgy

Juniors
On SEN's fb site. A story about GF ratings with a picture of Vlandys was the 3rd highest commented post. The top commented post in the past day was of people cracking it over Gould.

PR doesn't like it because PVL dropped a few truth bombs about expansion. For years he has been on here pretending that WA has a massive RL community and will save the game from impending doom.

Anyone with a brain knows that Perth isn't in a position to hold the 17th NRL licence. It would soak up $100M-$200M worth of funds from the ARLC over 20 years, just to stay afloat and, rely heavily on Brisbane, NZ and Sydney for players. It offers nothing to the broadcasters and that arduous 6 hour flight to the east coast would be a deal breaker for players battling chronic injuries. The only people who refuse to accept it are insecure wankers who judge the game's worth by how it compares with AwFuL.

gerg

Juniors
PR doesn't like it because PVL dropped a few truth bombs about expansion. For years he has been on here pretending that WA has a massive RL community and will save the game from impending doom.

Anyone with a brain knows that Perth isn't in a position to hold the 17th NRL licence. It would soak up $100M-$200M worth of funds from the ARLC over 20 years, just to stay afloat and, rely heavily on Brisbane, NZ and Sydney for players. It offers nothing to the broadcasters and that arduous 6 hour flight to the east coast would be a deal breaker for players battling chronic injuries. The only people who refuse to accept it are insecure wankers who judge the game's worth by how it compares with AwFuL.

Ease up tiger. We have a whole off season to get through and you and the sook from the west need to pace yourselves.

Big Moose

Juniors
Do you really think PVL’s comment will unsettle the AFL? Hardly. It appears PVL’s vegetarians in Queensland like meat and also ABBA. His stuff is funny but of little consequence. The good news is that in VIctoria no one knows who he is and whatever derogatory comments he makes will have zero affect on the popularity of RL. We will just have a chuckle and and continue winning just about everything.

Well they don’t want to co-exist, they have made it clear for 20 years they see the NRL, ARU and Football Australia as a competitor to their sport and have made every effort to shoot down those sports through their controlled media (ie Robert Craddock saying AFL is taking over in Brisbane and origin tickets were selling slow, despite not being on sale at the time).
V’Landys is the guy that is prepared to throw it back at them but the people in rugby league media are his biggest challenge. Knob jockeys like James Hooper and Paul Crawley and Paul Kent bagging the crap out of every aspect is constantly holding the game back from becoming what it should be.

mongoose

Coach
I don't believe V'landys gives a shit about Rugba League, he just makes comments that pander to the us vs them bogan class.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I don't believe V'landys gives a shit about Rugba League, he just makes comments that pander to the us vs them bogan class.

I'm sure he does, but his main motivations are his real job which includes pssing off Victoria to try and make NSW racing more relevant. There is no reason for alienating part of your customer base if what he says was for the benefit of RL. Its all about NSW racing and using his NRL platform for that. Wake up people.

Latest posts