What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Signings

davi

Juniors
To me this is just another example of poor Broncos roster management and the finger should be pointed at them playing coy and getting caught out over and over.

Yeah your diverting from the issue just to bag the Broncos. You can't win the argument so you pivot to avoid the issue about roster management. Bird has a year left on his contract and if he wanted out he shouldn't have taken up the last year of the offer.

I'm happy for him to stay the final year. But if Bird is expecting the Broncos to massively top up his contract (Dragons wanted Broncos to pay $800 000) so it suits him joining another club. Then he's kidding.

Last edited:

Perth Tiger

Bench
TBH I can overlook these slips from Blocker because he clearly loves the game and isn't constantly shitting on the game like some other commentators.

another problem is fox way over use him, he sometimes does 3 games a week! One game a week he is fine to handle.

He must be working for free because you can tell he just loves being around the footy

gerg

Juniors
Yeah your diverting from the issue just to bag the Broncos. You can't win the argument so you pivot to avoid the issue about roster management. Bird has a year left on his contract and if he wanted out he shouldn't have taken up the last year of the offer.

I'm happy for him to stay the final year. But if Bird is expecting the Broncos to massively top up his contract (Dragons wanted Broncos to pay $800 000) so it suits him joining another club. Then he can sod off.

Heartfelt condolences to you and the Broncos.

myrrh ken

First Grade

I'm happy for him to stay the final year. But if Bird is expecting the Broncos to massively top up his contract (Dragons wanted Broncos to pay $800 000) so it suits him joining another club. Then he's kidding.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/3accb12e869ce2ff82f62d8d9be4fa2e

This suggests Dragons were happy to pay $675K.

Anyway suck it up broncos. If you have to offer overs in order to poach a player, there's no use crying when they want all their money and then some more.

Last edited:

typicalfan

Coach

Not sure how accurate your numbers are but if Broncos end up paying a significant sum for Bird to play elsewhere, take it as them wanting to move Bird on just as much as Bird wanting out, I'm sure they wouldn't be paying out of the goodness of their heart.

hineyrulz

Post Whore

dogslife

Coach

He's got 975,000 reasons to take up that option you spud.

I'm sure he won't mind spending a year playing for Wynnum-Manly on that kind of coin if he's not in the Broncos' plans.

Considering the salary cap squeeze to re-sign Tedesco, the Morris' and Friend is reportedly one of the reasons they want move Flanagan on fro 2021, the Roosters can't afford to sign Pearce.

Also Flanno’s contract would likely require an upgrade at the end of 21 making it even more difficult to keep him.

yobbo84

First Grade
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...i/news-story/244fab3ef6f25b538ae51ed0cd9afc24

Roosters ask Rabbitohs to release Joseph Suaalii
Phil Rothfield, Sports Editor-at-Large, News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
October 26, 2020 12:04pm
Subscriber only

The Sydney Roosters have opened communications with arch rivals the South Sydney Rabbitohs to release boom teenager Joseph Suaalii from the final year of his contract.

The 17-year-old schoolboy superstar has rejected a $2 million contract extension at the Rabbitohs and wants to sign a long-term deal at the Roosters.

He has been in talks with Roosters coach Trent Robinson and the club’s head of recruitment Daniel Anderson for several weeks.

Anderson rang Rabbitohs chief executive Blake Solly on Monday morning to discuss the possibility of Suaalii coming straight to the Roosters.

The Rabbitohs remain noncommittal.

They have not been approached by Suaalii’s family or advisers for a release.

Whatever happens, the Roosters will have to pay a development fee to the Rabbitohs, 25 per cent of the first year of his NRL contract. It is expected to be more than $50,000.

The Roosters can’t sign Suaalii until November but he can’t play first grade until he is 18, unless the NRL relaxes its rules.

Suaalii has knocked back the Wests Tigers to play for the Roosters.

Let me get this straight...

So the hottest fullback prospect in years is going to forgo 7-figure deals from Souths, Tigers and ARU to play top level football, instead singing for circa $200k in his first year, at the club that has the best fullback in the world (who is still only 27 years old) with no chance of playing fullback for 3-5 years? Ok.

Zadar

Juniors
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...i/news-story/244fab3ef6f25b538ae51ed0cd9afc24

Let me get this straight...

So the hottest fullback prospect in years is going to forgo 7-figure deals from Souths, Tigers and ARU to play top level football, instead singing for circa $200k in his first year, at the club that has the best fullback in the world (who is still only 27 years old) with no chance of playing fullback for 3-5 years? Ok.

when the options are going to a soulless fraudulent club like Souths, or Australian rugby which has a rocky future, no wonder he is willing to come to easts for minimum wage.

AJB1102

First Grade
Maybe he realises 2021 is Bennett's exit year in which he'll drive the club he's leaving into the dirt to:

A) boost his legacy because they go to shit without him and
B) that'll be 1 less side for him to worry about at his next club

dogslife

Coach
It is the Roosters we're talking about here. That "minimum wage" contract goes up a few thousand per cent once you factor in private sponsorship from City Ford

Legends

Juniors
Considering the salary cap squeeze to re-sign Tedesco, the Morris' and Friend is reportedly one of the reasons they want move Flanagan on fro 2021, the Roosters can't afford to sign Pearce.
Tedesco is already contracted for 2021, The Morris boys will continue on cheap contracts and Friend will be on less money than his current contract. These had nothing to do with Flanagan moving on. The Roosters simply couldn't guarantee a long term so let him move on early.

Tedesco is already contracted for 2021, The Morris boys will continue on cheap contracts and Friend will be on less money than his current contract. These had nothing to do with Flanagan moving on. The Roosters simply couldn't guarantee a long term so let him move on early.

You don't read/hear much do you pal. The Roosters have been negotiating with Tedesco so that he does not hit the open market for months going by multiple media reports scattered over the last 2-3 months. The club administration don't wait till they reach the complete end of the contract before opening negotiations, they try and lock up key players before they can talk to other clubs if they can. So whilst the media don't get everything right (and some of the media get nothing right), on this point I'll take their word over yours.

Just like I'll take this word, as it cite's a tweet from the player himself, Flanagan has been released by the Roosters. Paper work lodged with the NRL today. Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sydney...rs-release-flanagan-as-bulldogs-pounce_261020

Legends

Juniors
You don't read/hear much do you pal. The Roosters have been negotiating with Tedesco so that he does not hit the open market for months going by multiple media reports scattered over the last 2-3 months. The club administration don't wait till they reach the complete end of the contract before opening negotiations, they try and lock up key players before they can talk to other clubs if they can. So whilst the media don't get everything right (and some of the media get nothing right), on this point I'll take their word over yours.

Just like I'll take this word, as it cite's a tweet from the player himself, Flanagan has been released by the Roosters. Paper work lodged with the NRL today. Source: https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/sydney...rs-release-flanagan-as-bulldogs-pounce_261020

You're not that great at comprehension, are you 'pal'? The Tedesco negotiations relate to 2022 onwards. He's already contracted and budgeted for 2021. Your assertion that they need to moved Flanagan on from 2021 to re-sign Tedesco (or anyone else) is simply wrong. Flanagan was told he has no long-term future, so he took up the opportunity to find a place elsewhere.

You're not that great at comprehension, are you 'pal'? The Tedesco negotiations relate to 2022 onwards. He's already contracted and budgeted for 2021. Your assertion that they need to moved Flanagan on from 2021 to re-sign Tedesco (or anyone else) is simply wrong. Flanagan was told he has no long-term future, so he took up the opportunity to find a place elsewhere.

Oh yes, cause had they re-signed Flangan beyond 2021 he would have taken up $0 under the salary cap. Next time you talk to anyone about "comprehension" how about you also learn about maths too? :pGood day.

Latest posts