What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

OT - Fire up, boys - The Big Dance Thread - Sturm vs. the mighty Panfas!!!

Yeah had to laugh at some of the players saying they were doing it tough. pfffft hello, I live down the road, it's f**king paradise times plenty. If ever there was a place to stay if you can't go home, that is the place.

Exactly!

Doing it tough?

They had their f**king families with them and were living in paradise.

I can’t wait for Smiff and Bellyache to be gone from that smug cheating franchise so it can become a shyte hole of a Club sooner rather than later.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Exactly!

Doing it tough?

I can’t wait for Smiff and Bellyache to be gone from that smug cheating franchise so it can become a shyte hole of a Club sooner rather than later.

We've all been saying they'l decline when Inglis left, Slater, Cronk, the list goes on and on.

I don't think their decline is doing to be as steep as people think it will be. They still have Paps, Munster, Grant in the spine. Some weapon forwards. And Bellamy as coaching director.

Plus private ownership with money to spend.

We've all been saying they'l decline when Inglis left, Slater, Cronk, the list goes on and on.

I don't think their decline is doing to be as steep as people think it will be. They still have Paps, Munster, Grant in the spine. Some weapon forwards. And Bellamy as coaching director.

Plus private ownership with money to spend.

Beg to differ.

When they lose the Coach and Captain trust me they are done for a long time. All the brains goes out of the Club.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Panthers they had it all this year and no injuries.

Next year Tamou gone some depth gone as well, they will get injuries.

I think they will be lucky to make top 4

Disagree once again. That club is set up for the future tenfold. They’ve got the best juniors around and losing Tamou won’t hurt them except on the experience front. Even then they still have Koroisau, Tetevano, Capewell all with plenty of experience. They’ll finish in the top 4 mark my words.

Chimp

Bench
Why wasn't Smith sent off ? Remember when Tallis called the ref a cheat and was sent off straight away? Smith acused ref of reffing Panthers back into the game . Doesn't that mean cheating ? It would have been a fitting end to that game. Worst GF ever!
A ref that doesn’t even have the bottle to just give a try, or even give the odd ‘6 again’ in the GF was never going to have the bottle to send off Smith in a GF, particularly as it’s likely his last ever game.
That being said, I think Smith was right, they were purposely evening up the ledger.

bluefox68

Staff member
Now now don't get salty because you can't beat the Storm in a GF. Come in here for tips on how to do it, probably a bit late for that.

Opportunities don't come around very often, you need to win them when you're there.

Yes - Michael Ennis even told the Panfas how to do it. Smith 67 tackles in '16 GF - JOB DONE...

A ref that doesn’t even have the bottle to just give a try, or even give the odd ‘6 again’ in the GF was never going to have the bottle to send off Smith in a GF, particularly as it’s likely his last ever game.
That being said, I think Smith was right, they were purposely evening up the ledger.

Oh I think he was right too, but he wasn't complaining when calls were going Sturms way. He was bringing the game into disrepute And disrespecting his opposition with his we've worked for this comment , sort of implying others didnt . No question a great player who influences games more than others,but I have doubts about some of his methods and service to the game .

Port Panther

Juniors
Now now don't get salty because you can't beat the Storm in a GF. Come in here for tips on how to do it, probably a bit late for that.

Opportunities don't come around very often, you need to win them when you're there.

Thx but no thx drugs are bad ! Trust me im a Doctor .
You guys need to find someone who can lift your club and how it is perceived ......not to mention the current curse it has had placed upon it .
Not even Ashy slashy can save your souls now .

Last edited:

R-15-3

Bench
Exactly!

Doing it tough?

I can’t wait for Smiff and Bellyache to be gone from that smug cheating franchise so it can become a shyte hole of a Club sooner rather than
Yes - Michael Ennis even told the Panfas how to do it. Smith 67 tackles in '16 GF - JOB DONE...
Yep only had to make 29 and 4years older.

Chimp

Bench
Oh I think he was right too, but he wasn't complaining when calls were going Sturms way. He was bringing the game into disrepute And disrespecting his opposition with his we've worked for this comment , sort of implying others didnt . No question a great player who influences games more than others,but I have doubts about some of his methods and service to the game .
I couldn’t agree with your more - for all Smith is a proven winner of the highest order, he is a blight on our game. You have to admire his will to win, but in that quest, he does things that go completely against the spirit and history of our game - whether that be cheap/sly wrestling moves that are not in line with our honest but tough game values, his subtle and covert disrespect of the officials and his 2 contracts. I think it’s a disgrace that he’ll inevitably be an Immortal and therefore in future looked back on as one of the icons of our game.

Tiger Shark

Bench
Beg to differ.

When they lose the Coach and Captain trust me they are done for a long time. All the brains goes out of the Club.

Yeah but they aren't losing their coach completely.

You don't think he'll keep an close eye on things as a Coaching Coordinator or what ever you want to call it. Who ever is the HC (Ryles?) will be well educated on the way of the Bellamy.

PJ

First Grade
Agree Chimp, and has been at a club and under a coach that encourages and allows all that.

In fact make it part of their DNA but whine when people make a point about it.

And while you are most likely correct about being an immortal many fans realise what sort of character he is and there will always be a question mark over his legacy.

R-15-3

Bench
After watching the Michael Jordan doco on Netflix, Smith comes across as a exact replica of MJ and can take credit for how 90% of the team perform around him, he demands the same 100% effort 24/7 as MJ did, with out Smith the storm will drop dramatically unless he stays around in a coaching role, but looks like he wants to head back to QLD.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Exactly!

Doing it tough?

Some broke all bubble protocols up here btw. I actually told a few in pm, thought it was going to be a big story. Bellyache was seen in a cafe in Coolum early on when it was a big no no. Yet true to form, nothing was said or any of the other players seen out and about in a few joints.

Quants are blessed somehow, if it was us we'd be super spreaders fair dinkum!

Latest posts