What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, anyone else in 2021

greenBV4

Bench
Maybe one or two of the suburban clubs who sit at the bottom of the pile should consider 'expanding' their brand to say, one or two of the state capital cities that lack NRL teams, and get some of that sweet sweet big city success.
It can't be a coincidence that the 3 "city" teams, Broncos, Storm, Roosters, are by far the 3 most successfull since the NRL formed - dangling a big city carrot should be enough incentive when some clubs start to fall on tough times again

Perth Red

Post Whore
Whilst I won’t say watching us match roosters by going back to back wouldn’t be sweet, I would love two outsiders. Warriors v Titans would be a dream gf next year! Wouldn’t be uNhappy to see raiders lift it either, for the good of the game.

SBD82

Coach
Cull Sydney teams. Weighty ballast on the comp.
That depends on whether you consider the Dragons to be a Sydney or Wollongong team.

If it’s the former, you’re off your head. The game is built on the tribalism of Sydney clubs, and you can’t place a dollar value on the history of our game.

If it’s the latter, you’re 100% correct. These Sydney club boards full of meathead ex footballers constantly waste money on terrible corporate governance. The sooner we move into the modern world the better our game will be.

Homo man69

Juniors
The comp needs some of the big clubs in the finals for once. A good top 8 would be Bulldogs, Eels, Dragons, Tigers, Sharks, Rabbitohs, Warriors and Broncos. We would finally get some big finals crowds. Sick of Storm vs Small club in Sydney. Should be getting atleast 40k at finals games. I remember Eels vs Dogs getting 70k. That figure is unheard of these days.

The comp needs some of the big clubs in the finals for once. A good top 8 would be Bulldogs, Eels, Dragons, Tigers, Sharks, Rabbitohs, Warriors and Broncos. We would finally get some big finals crowds. Sick of Storm vs Small club in Sydney. Should be getting atleast 40k at finals games. I remember Eels vs Dogs getting 70k. That figure is unheard of these days.

I thought the 2013 Easts/Souths finals at ANZ was the most attended at over 58k

Maybe one or two of the suburban clubs who sit at the bottom of the pile should consider 'expanding' their brand to say, one or two of the state capital cities that lack NRL teams, and get some of that sweet sweet big city success.
Tigers to Brisbane has a nice ring to it.

Brisbane Tigers, run by Easts.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I thought the 2013 Easts/Souths finals at ANZ was the most attended at over 58k
The South’s vs Easts prelim in 2014 pulled about 52k on a Friday night. Which on the night seemed 10-15k less than expected. Partially due to the 2013 round 26 battle for the minor premiership crowd which was 59k.

From memory the NRL could only see dollar signs and increased the prices of Sydney prelims from previous years which kept families away. Funny enough the next prelim in 2014 was Penrith v Bulldogs which only pulled 46k. Everyone left Easts fans alone after that!

The South’s vs Easts prelim in 2014 pulled about 52k on a Friday night. Which on the night seemed 10-15k less than expected. Partially due to the 2013 round 26 battle for the minor premiership crowd which was 59k.

From memory the NRL could only see dollar signs and increased the prices of Sydney prelims from previous years which kept families away. Funny enough the next prelim in 2014 was Penrith v Bulldogs which only pulled 46k. Everyone left Easts fans alone after that!

I don’t think they have, mate. So you can’t remember a Eels/Dogs final pulling 70k either?

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
I don’t think they have, mate. So you can’t remember a Eels/Dogs final pulling 70k either?
The Eels vs Bulldogs pulled 74k in 2009 for a prelim. The Dragons vs Tigers drew 71k in 2010 and Bulldogs vs Souths 70k in 2012. I think for all of these games tickets were something like $15-$30max for an adult.

The NRL cottoned on and doubled prices in 2013 and Manly v Souths prelim only drew 44k.

mxlegend99

Referee
The salary cap works... By stopping sides who could possibly build a squad to challenge one of these two clubs being able to keep their squad together to be successful for too long.

It only takes a tiny bit of success and teams struggle to keep their squad together.which means if you f**k up a rare chance in the grand final as Panthers did. It could be years before you get a chance to redeem yourselves.

Raiders last year were so close. This year they busted their ass to try redeeming themselves but ultimately the Storm were just too good. Hopefully they get a chance next year and Panthers do too. But the safe money is on one or both of Storm or Roosters to be in the grand final.

Homo man69

Juniors
Chooks just seem to get first pick of the guns. They give the young crappy half to bulldogs to get what some are saying is one of the greatest young prospects of all time. I don’t know why the dogs don’t just refuse to take Flanagan and go for Suaalii?

adamkungl

Immortal
Souths, Panthers, and to a lesser extent Raiders are looking good for 2021.
At this point, I'd tip them over Roosters or Storm.
Storm a lot rides on whether Smith retires, and the fallout from there.
Roosters could have a sneaky offseason signing or two, but I doubt it's anyone major.

Also I think Titans, and one of Cowboys or Broncos, will return to the top 8 next year.

adamkungl

Immortal
Chooks just seem to get first pick of the guns. They give the young crappy half to bulldogs to get what some are saying is one of the greatest young prospects of all time. I don’t know why the dogs don’t just refuse to take Flanagan and go for Suaalii?

No one's forcing the Dogs to chase Flanno..

dogslife

Coach
Can we pay Flanno proper deference please and refer to him by his new title.

"Future immortal Kyle Flanagan"

The Eels vs Bulldogs pulled 74k in 2009 for a prelim. The Dragons vs Tigers drew 71k in 2010 and Bulldogs vs Souths 70k in 2012. I think for all of these games tickets were something like $15-$30max for an adult.

The NRL cottoned on and doubled prices in 2013 and Manly v Souths prelim only drew 44k.

Ah yes, thanks mate. I remembered the commentators pulling themselves over the Easts/Souths crowd being a record or something like it.

adamkungl

Immortal

tbh Eels and Bulldogs probably have bigger bandwagon support than any other club in the comp.
Souths have the most members in Sydney but when the Eels and Bulldogs are winning, no one matches them. Pity the clubs haven't worked out the whole 'winning' thing yet.