What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2021 - Squad, Signings, Re-signings

nrlnrl

First Grade
Please don't expect much to happen until after the JDB court case has been resolved. There might be some depth signings, but that's about it.

Gareth67

First Grade
I reckon after the spirited and speedy and super dexterous debut of Ramsay......there are clubs deep looking at his next contract......its almost nov and the kid could be special no1.

Agree Auntie.Gerald, if Griffin is truly focused upon the Dragon youth , then as you have said Ramsey should be a priority . Sign the youngster for a number of years so as to keep the foxes from other clubs at bay .

SaintPeter

Juniors
Bulldogs get Kyle Flanagan
Roosters now vying for Sualli.
Some one in Sydney is getting Josh Addo Carr
Knights get Tyson Frizel.
Titans get David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Souths get Host and Arrow

Dragons ? ....... looking at J Bird ??

redVinme

Bench
Bulldogs get Kyle Flanagan
Roosters now vying for Sualli.
Some one in Sydney is getting Josh Addo Carr
Knights get Tyson Frizel.
Titans get David Fifita and Tino Fa'asuamaleaui
Souths get Host and Arrow

Dragons ? ....... looking at J Bird ??

Don't forget bulldogs got cotric too
And warriors got Afb and bmm

Yay

qld redvee

Juniors
so we have got our first official signing finally . On club website states we have 4 spots left to fill .
If this is the case it doesnt give us a lot of change to the squad does it ?? Surely griffin must be looking at moving a player or 2 along to give us the chance to grab a bit better talent than what we already have on the books .. OR does Griffin think that we genuily have a bunch of underachievers ( not hard to agree with ) BUT he believes he can get them to achieve ????
Any one on the "inside " shed any light on this

BLM01

First Grade
so we have got our first official signing finally . On club website states we have 4 spots left to fill .
If this is the case it doesnt give us a lot of change to the squad does it ?? Surely griffin must be looking at moving a player or 2 along to give us the chance to grab a bit better talent than what we already have on the books .. OR does Griffin think that we genuily have a bunch of underachievers ( not hard to agree with ) BUT he believes he can get them to achieve ????
You nailed it
All of the above

possm

Coach
I reckon after the spirited and speedy and super dexterous debut of Ramsay......there are clubs deep looking at his next contract......its almost nov and the kid could be special no1.
I agree, let's hope we have locked Ramsey up for a few years. I think he or Schiller would do well at fullback however, most likely will be brought into first grade on the wing.

denis preston

First Grade

The fact they let Host go suggests to me they have at least one or two more forwards lined up.

possm

Coach
Please don't expect much to happen until after the JDB court case has been resolved. There might be some depth signings, but that's about it.
I'd like to see our juniors fill the depth positions where ever possible. All of our available cap should first go to recruiting a bunch of good first grade forwards. Once we have our 17 sorted, then promote some juniors to fill the Canterbury Cup side.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So for 2021 they have Poasa and Jack De Belin (if he gets off his charges) as their newbies for next season. You cannot forget JDB and should see him as a newbie seeing he has not played for 2 years and his contract was extended.

Would the 4 spots available assume that JDB is in the squad? If so and he does not get off then Saints will have 5 spots available. That is a lot of spots to fill in a short time. It is like the squad Saints had during the Super League war when Waite had to recruit guys in the last few weeks before the comp started. Guys like Mark Bell from Canberra came in and did a great job.

possm

Coach
So for 2021 they have Poasa and Jack De Belin (if he gets off his charges) as their newbies for next season. You cannot forget JDB and should see him as a newbie seeing he has not played for 2 years and his contract was extended.

Would the 4 spots available assume that JDB is in the squad? If so and he does not get off then Saints will have 5 spots available. That is a lot of spots to fill in a short time. It is like the squad Saints had during the Super League war when Waite had to recruit guys in the last few weeks before the comp started. Guys like Mark Bell from Canberra came in and did a great job.
I'd say that the following players would be under consideration by Griffin:
  • Napa - Prop
  • Joe O - Edge forward
  • Bird - Fullback
So based on the presumption that Griffin will be successful in recruiting all of the above players, our top 17 should be:

1. Bird
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Hunt
7. Sullivan
8. Faamausili
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Jo O
13. De Belin

14. Napa
15. Kerr
16. Laurie
17. Ford

redv13

Bench
I'd say that the following players would be under consideration by Griffin:
  • Napa - Prop
  • Joe O - Edge forward
  • Bird - Fullback
So based on the presumption that Griffin will be successful in recruiting all of the above players, our top 17 should be:

1. Bird
2. Ramsey
3. Lomax
4. Feagai
5. Ravalawa
6. Hunt
7. Sullivan
8. Faamausili
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. T Sims
12. Jo O
13. De Belin

14. Napa
15. Kerr
16. Laurie
17. Ford
I’d be happy to start with Dufty at fb after a full pre season under Hook. Then reassess during the season