What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Please, anyone else in 2021

Port Panther

Juniors
If you have next to no junior league competion and spend nothing on running those
you bring nothing to the game .
You cant have any future expansion without players ....clubs who dont bring that need to be culled .Im looking at you Roosters and Storm and though you may argue that is a successful model atm what happens when clubs like mine stop spending 5m a year running those competitions ?
Do you just raid other sports and train them to learn how to play rugba league ?
Hopefully V'landys has a better strategic plan than his predecessors .
Just food for thought as i love the game .

BunniesMan

Immortal
Souths and Panthers will be the top 2 teams of 2021.

Easts are on their last legs and Melbourne without Cam Smith will not be a special team anymore.

Panthers full of young guns who will be better for the experience and so are we. We have Latrell and Jai to come into a team that made it to within a game of the big dance.

Easily the number 1 and 2 favourites for next year.

Port Panther

Juniors
When i was playing as a youngster for Richmond we would sometimes play a trial against a team that was red and green called South Eastern . Im sure they were a Souths junior club.......are they still around in some shape or form ?
Richmond merged with Colo who i also played with and became Hawkesbury.....ahhhhh the good old days .

Legends

Juniors
If you have next to no junior league competion and spend nothing on running those
You cant have any future expansion without players ....clubs who dont bring that need to be culled .Im looking at you Roosters and Storm and though you may argue that is a successful model atm what happens when clubs like mine stop spending 5m a year running those competitions ?
Do you just raid other sports and train them to learn how to play rugba league ?

Do you have any understanding of the history of the game? For the Foundation Clubs, like the Roosters, junior catchments were assigned based on the demography of Sydney in 1908. At that time, Penrith was probably a few cows and a goat. The Rooster's tiny catchment was then halved when Souths controlled the League in the 1950's.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Roosters should be limited to junior players from a few eastern suburbs, whilst clubs like Penrith, Brisbane, Canberra, Newcastle, et al can have free reign of tens of thousands of juniors in their enormous catchments?

Port Panther

Juniors
Do you have any understanding of the history of the game? For the Foundation Clubs, like the Roosters, junior catchments were assigned based on the demography of Sydney in 1908. At that time, Penrith was probably a few cows and a goat. The Rooster's tiny catchment was then halved when Souths controlled the League in the 1950's.

Are you seriously suggesting that the Roosters should be limited to junior players from a few eastern suburbs, whilst clubs like Penrith, Brisbane, Canberra, Newcastle, et al can have free reign of tens of thousands of juniors in their enormous catchments?

Your are free to set up academies in regional nsw but that takes patience which you lack and cost which you prefer others to pay for development .Lazy and want other clubs to do the heavy lifting.
Country rugba league is withering on the vine and clubs like yours would rather pour millions into Dollar Bill Williams bank account.
So yeah i do have an idea cause im talking about sustainability , succession planning and survival for rugba league which has taken a financial kick in stomach this season including leagues clubs .

Valheru

Coach
Your are free to set up academies in regional nsw but that takes patience which you lack and cost which you prefer others to pay for development .Lazy and want other clubs to do the heavy lifting.
Country rugba league is withering on the vine and clubs like yours would rather pour millions into Dollar Bill Williams bank account.
So yeah i do have an idea cause im talking about sustainability , succession planning and survival for rugba league which has taken a financial kick in stomach this season including leagues clubs .

lol you have NFI

The roosters are heavily investing in Central Coast at the moment.

Xcalibre

Juniors
tbh Eels and Bulldogs probably have bigger bandwagon support than any other club in the comp.
Souths have the most members in Sydney but when the Eels and Bulldogs are winning, no one matches them. Pity the clubs haven't worked out the whole 'winning' thing yet.

Geez you cocks fans are cocky aye?

FYI: Bulldogs have won 6 comps since 1980, Cocks have won 4. Maybe not recently, but the Bulldogs actually know something about the whole 'winning' thing. Easts weren't in a GF between 1981-1999. Not so cocky then aye?

The way Easts fans carry on you'd think they've won most comps since 2000, but nah, they've won a few comps in the last 2 decades. 3 of them in the most recent decade, which is the only thing worth gloating about.

They won't get near the trophy next year either.

Perth Red

Post Whore

Well I guess you'd lose the tax break for your pokie dens for starters? Dont make out that clubs are pulling money out of their football operations to pay for Jnrs, they arent. Its the pokie dens that are paying for them, because thats why they exist!
NRL club responsibility starts at U16's or U18's to take the best kids that are developed in Jnr comps around the country and overseas by pokie den clubs, state/national bodies and NRL funded programs and turn the elite of them into first grade professionals.

Its the State bodies and NRL job, along with pokie dens where they exist to make sure as many kids are playing the game as possible. NRL clubs can play a role as role models and something to aspire with elite pathways for tyhe best of the best.

greenBV4

Bench
the NRL is one of the few (maybe even only) top flight professional competitions where the clubs pay for junior development. The sooner the NRL takes over junior develpment and funding the better. Let the clubs focus on being sucessfull on and off the field, and players from 17/18+ that make up their extended squads

Port Panther

Juniors
lol you have NFI

The roosters are heavily investing in Central Coast at the moment.

But will you show patience for a outcome ? or will the cental coast be abandoned yet again ? Remember patience is a virtue and you dont possess it.....Kyle Flanno is a good case in point.....CHECKMATE!

Valheru

Coach
But will you show patience for a outcome ? or will the cental coast be abandoned yet again ? Remember patience is a virtue and you dont possess it.....Kyle Flanno is a good case in point.....CHECKMATE!

Flanno wasn't developed by us and his 2 prospective replacements were with 1 being a true junior.

So not a great example there champ.

The roosters have been playing at least 1 regular season at CC for many years now and that doesn't look like ending anytime soon. They also play trial games there.

Not to mention the wyong roos are our feeder club and then you have the CC roosters women's side.

Latest posts