What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

13v11 - what would you have done?

lazza

Juniors
So Panthers had 1 play but up 2 men - what would you have done if you had time to plan out a play to score the length of the field? I thought they did well to get to the 40m line.

The_Frog

First Grade
So Panthers had 1 play but up 2 men - what would you have done if you had time to plan out a play to score the length of the field? I thought they did well to get to the 40m line.
Get it to Cleary, high crossfield kick for Kikau or Naden. As it was it was just a rabble, and Storm withstood it easy. One of the few times this year when having a Jimmy Maloney would have helped, he would have kept a calm head.

GongPanther

Referee
Throw of the dice, in the heat of the moment, anything happens. Martin should have kept the ball alive by passing it wide, as I thought they had a big chance, but instead came back inside.

Hope he doesn't beat himself up for it. Really proud of him.

moffla

Bench
Storm planned for it well. You saw Suli drop back immediately to prepare for any across field kick. 13 v 11 sounds promising, but it’s more than a Hail Mary.

In this situation I’d go wide immediately and force the winger to stay up and then try a chip and chase or something

This Year?

Immortal
Had to go through the hands with short passes to strip the numbers or a short chip or grubber into the backfield if nobody to pass it to.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Get a line, get it through the hands. Was just a mess which is what happens in panic situations.
Having said that it would've been daylight robbery if they had scored and gone on to win! Would have made last years Raiders incident look trivial lol.

shear_joy9

Coach
I thought it really summed up kikau’s game when what should have been a simple pass turned into some lollipop pass 10m in the air

soc123_au

Staff member
I thought it really summed up kikau’s game when what should have been a simple pass turned into some lollipop pass 10m in the air
I thought the same. The 2 best passes in that play were both from Fisher Harris. One tackle from a kick off is a big ask. If it were a tap from a penalty in the same circumstances it would have been very interesting.