What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Choiboi

Juniors
Last year's wooden Spooner's landed promising talent left right and centre

.....and we haven't signed anyone of note other than Tamou, who is at the end of his career.

Sad times...

Mario chalmers

Juniors
Apparently we are being linked to Gareth Widdop now as well.
I think you are right but hope this wrong.

Well past his best.

Josh Reynolds and Widdop are both managed by George Mimis which would make a swap somewhat easier to facilitate.

The Covid situation in Europe still makes it pretty unlikely NRL players will want to go over there next season. Salaries over there have come down quite significantly.

I think we should get used to the idea of Reynolds still at WT next season.

Perth Tiger

Bench
And a bit more from NRL.com, the fact that we are the only ones to table an offer at this stage tells me we are not his preferred. If we were and the deal was good he would of signed, the fact they are still fielding offers tells me he's after more money or his preference is elsewhere.

Not necessarily. Storm still have not officially released him so he cant sign another contract at the moment, perhaps we are the only ones that have a contract on the table because other clubs realise it is a done deal, despite his manager trying to wring out even more dollars.

That is my glass half full interpretation anyway.;)

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Not necessarily. Storm still have not officially released him so he cant sign another contract at the moment, perhaps we are the only ones that have a contract on the table because other clubs realise it is a done deal, despite his manager trying to wring out even more dollars.

That is my glass half full interpretation anyway.;)
Good point. He is contracted to Storm for 2021 so can't officially negotiate with other clubs until Nov 1st. So we won't be seeing any announcements before then.

Tiger05

First Grade
Ballin was worse. At least we have the depth to cater for Reynolds not being on the pitch. I don't reckon it's even clear which of Cleary's signings was the worst.

It's not even close. Ballin didn't stuff our cap for years. Reynolds is clearly the worst signing we've ever made. Terrible performances when on the park, won't leave despite it being made clear to him we don't want him and he cost a fortune.

We got nothing out of Ballin but he didn't cost a bomb. I'd love to hear of a worse signing for us. I think he may be one of the worst signings ever in rugby league. There must be some that are worse but who ?

WA Tiger

Bench
IMO, this is a good read, only wish ‘my’ tigers had such a plan and had such a leader.

Gee it’s only an hours flight south to go and ask some questions.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-10...-how-richmond-created-an-afl-dynasty/12798290
And an easy read ...Pascoe needs to listen to some positive thinking audios otherwise all we get from him is a hippy looking guy occasionally saying “ I would like to welcome so and so to the club” ..That Farrah mess wasn’t him trying rort the system it was just dumb for not checking first ..Combined with other dumbness on his watch why is he still at the club? I bet the other tigers CEO listens to them. He’s goal orientated and a winner ..What a story!
It's not even close. Ballin didn't stuff our cap for years. Reynolds is clearly the worst signing we've ever made. Terrible performances when on the park, won't leave despite it being made clear to him we don't want him and he cost a fortune.

We got nothing out of Ballin but he didn't cost a bomb. I'd love to hear of a worse signing for us. I think he may be one of the worst signings ever in rugby league. There must be some that are worse but who ?
I hope Reynolds leaves soon or another year of this pointless two and fro

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Anyway imo Brookes is the worsed signing for the amount timing performance everything.. - by a country mile. I wasn’t around when Ballin was here

Last edited:

BrotherJim05

Bench
If we get JAC it's going to completely restore my faith in Wests Tigers. JAC and Tamoa are fkn huge wins for us.. The captain of 2020s Minor Premiership team and one of the best strike weapons of the 2020 Premiers. If anything they will bring a winning attitude and give our younger players greater confidence

super_coach

First Grade
Hope not he is shit.
We are linked to everyone, the jurnos just cut and paste us every time a player looks like being on the market.

On JAC, we have gone from the red hot favourite to the rank outsider in a matter of weeks. Once again we have been used as bait, player management love us, we can always force a players value up

Mario chalmers

Juniors
I reckon he will be here for sure. I can't see how any deal can possibly be made. I don't think he wants to go either. Our worst signing of all time by a considerable margin.

I'd love to be wrong and him go.
Hypothetical - what if canterbury came knocking tomorrow and offered up DWZ in exchange for Reynolds. Would you accept it?

both clubs take on both contracts full freight, full term. DWZ current deal expires 2022. Probably on 500-600k which is a bit less than Reynolds.

Fordy20

Juniors
We are linked to everyone, the jurnos just cut and paste us every time a player looks like being on the market.

On JAC, we have gone from the red hot favourite to the rank outsider in a matter of weeks. Once again we have been used as bait, player management love us, we can always force a players value up

Yeah, I think I might give up reading the papers for a week.

Wizardman

First Grade

Agree with you 100%. Reynolds has given this club sweet f**k all really and taken plenty.

I have Packer 2nd place in our clubs worst ever signings. Every bit as useless as Reynolds but costs less than Reynolds.

f**k, Cleary's signings were completely hopeless bar Corey Thompson.