What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LU Panthers Forum Player of the Year 2020

The_Frog

First Grade
Grand Final vs Storm

Edwards 6
Mansour 6
May 4
Crichton 6
To'o 6.5
Luai 6.5
Cleary 6
Tamou 6
Koroisau 6.5
Fisher-Harris 7
Kikau 6
Martin 6
Yeo 7

Naden 6
Capewell 5
Leota 6
Tetevano 5.5

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
Grand Final vs Storm

Edwards 6
Mansour 6
May 4
Crichton 6
To'o 6
Luai 6
Cleary 5
Tamou 5
Koroisau 6
Fisher-Harris 7
Kikau 4
Martin 6
Yeo 7

Naden 7
Capewell 5
Leota 5
Tetevano 5

age.s

First Grade
Last one of the year. I really enjoy the opportunity to reflect/collect my thoughts about the matches. Big thanks again to Froggy for running this.

Edwards 5 - Positioned and returned the ball well for the most part. A few errors though and was a bit of a handbrake the few times he chimed into backline moves. Typified our anxiety.
Mansour 6 - Just a typical Sauce game at this point. Great, tough meters, willing attitude, a few poor errors and bobbed up for a try. His no try would have been a nice finish if the decision had gone our way.
May 4 - Not a center. Not enough lateral movement defensively. Decisions sketchy. Not much power in his running game. Vision and passing are his strengths and they've shone best when he's chiming in across the park, not locked onto an edge. Not his fault, but a poor contributor last night.
Crichton 6 - Took his try well and made some good runs. I think like a few of the kids he's been running on fumes for a while now. Easy to forget this is still his first year of FG. He's held up well considering. Still a year or two off Origin for mine.
To'o 7 - Took his try well and an outstanding bit of defensive work prior to Olam's try. Ran well when he got the ball. Not much more he could have done.
Luai 6 - Some great moments, but overall pretty quiet. Pass to Mansour for his try was brilliant. Poor kick for a 7 tackle set in the final minutes probably his worst moment.
Cleary 5 - Too many rocks among a few diamonds. The intercept pass was just awful, both in execution and context. It's one thing to throw that pass with a minute left on the clock but at 10-0 after an opening 30 minutes without luck it was absolutely unforgivable. His attacking kicks were also pretty poor but that seemed to be an overall change of strategy over the past few months. Among that, he scored what would have been a career defining try in another context. Imagine him planting the ball down on the bell if we went into halftime only 16 down.
Tamou 6 - Did what he could with limited minutes. He will need to be adequately replaced in the off season. A major loss.
Koroisau 6 - One poor error, but overall threatening and elusive while tackling everything that went near him. Has had more impact at other points in the season though.
Fisher-Harris 7 - Some good runs and tackled his heart out. When our middle wasn't being pushed back by penalties and errors we were well on top. Did everything he could.
Kikau 4 - A night to forget. Too many errors, many of them absolutely bone headed. Still looked dangerous in space but we needed more from our marquee player on the biggest stage.
Martin 5 - Quiet. Like most of the of our right side looked out of sync in defense. I agree with whoever said he's looking a bit zapped at the end of the year. Reminds me of how JFH used to fall off a few years ago.
Yeo 7 - Controversial, but his work for To'o's try was very nice. Continued his knack for exploiting half-gaps in the defense. Tackled his guts out too.

Naden 6 - It's all been said. We can't know if he would have changed the result, but he (and the broader team) looked threatening when he came on. Did all that could have been asked of him. I hope he gets a shot with us next year as there's a lot to like about him, particularly that he didn't spit the dummy despite getting what most would consider a rough go.
Capewell 5 - Poorly used. Hope to see more of him next year as his footwork and power are evident.
Leota 4 - A vintage performance from Moses, and not in a good way. I love the big guy, but those were the kind of hands he was meant to have left in 2017.
Tetevano 5 - Quiet. Didn't offer the same kind of punch he usually does. That's probably due to the way the game went, but have to score what's in front of me.

WestyLife

First Grade
Last one of the year. I really enjoy the opportunity to reflect/collect my thoughts about the matches. Big thanks again to Froggy for running this.

Edwards 5 - Positioned and returned the ball well for the most part. A few errors though and was a bit of a handbrake the few times he chimed into backline moves. Typified our anxiety.
Mansour 6 - Just a typical Sauce game at this point. Great, tough meters, willing attitude, a few poor errors and bobbed up for a try. His no try would have been a nice finish if the decision had gone our way.
May 4 - Not a center. Not enough lateral movement defensively. Decisions sketchy. Not much power in his running game. Vision and passing are his strengths and they've shone best when he's chiming in across the park, not locked onto an edge. Not his fault, but a poor contributor last night.
Crichton 6 - Took his try well and made some good runs. I think like a few of the kids he's been running on fumes for a while now. Easy to forget this is still his first year of FG. He's held up well considering. Still a year or two off Origin for mine.
To'o 7 - Took his try well and an outstanding bit of defensive work prior to Olam's try. Ran well when he got the ball. Not much more he could have done.
Luai 6 - Some great moments, but overall pretty quiet. Pass to Mansour for his try was brilliant. Poor kick for a 7 tackle set in the final minutes probably his worst moment.
Cleary 5 - Too many rocks among a few diamonds. The intercept pass was just awful, both in execution and context. It's one thing to throw that pass with a minute left on the clock but at 10-0 after an opening 30 minutes without luck it was absolutely unforgivable. His attacking kicks were also pretty poor but that seemed to be an overall change of strategy over the past few months. Among that, he scored what would have been a career defining try in another context. Imagine him planting the ball down on the bell if we went into halftime only 16 down.
Tamou 6 - Did what he could with limited minutes. He will need to be adequately replaced in the off season. A major loss.
Koroisau 6 - One poor error, but overall threatening and elusive while tackling everything that went near him. Has had more impact at other points in the season though.
Fisher-Harris 7 - Some good runs and tackled his heart out. When our middle wasn't being pushed back by penalties and errors we were well on top. Did everything he could.
Kikau 4 - A night to forget. Too many errors, many of them absolutely bone headed. Still looked dangerous in space but we needed more from our marquee player on the biggest stage.
Martin 5 - Quiet. Like most of the of our right side looked out of sync in defense. I agree with whoever said he's looking a bit zapped at the end of the year. Reminds me of how JFH used to fall off a few years ago.
Yeo 7 - Controversial, but his work for To'o's try was very nice. Continued his knack for exploiting half-gaps in the defense. Tackled his guts out too.

Naden 6 - It's all been said. We can't know if he would have changed the result, but he (and the broader team) looked threatening when he came on. Did all that could have been asked of him. I hope he gets a shot with us next year as there's a lot to like about him, particularly that he didn't spit the dummy despite getting what most would consider a rough go.
Capewell 5 - Poorly used. Hope to see more of him next year as his footwork and power are evident.
Leota 4 - A vintage performance from Moses, and not in a good way. I love the big guy, but those were the kind of hands he was meant to have left in 2017.
Tetevano 5 - Quiet. Didn't offer the same kind of punch he usually does. That's probably due to the way the game went, but have to score what's in front of me.

First time I've seen someone mention Edwards. Anyone think he was injured? Swear he looked faster earlier in the year.

Pomoz

Bench
Chasing Papenhuyzen it was obvious he wasn't quite right. He's supposed to be our fastest player but wasn't even close.
I think he caught up with him when Papenhausen was walking back for the post try kick off. I think Nathan is still chasing him down Collins Street, where's Uber when you need it.

The_Frog

First Grade
I think he caught up with him when Papenhausen was walking back for the post try kick off. I think Nathan is still chasing him down Collins Street, where's Uber when you need it.
Might've strained a hammy chasing Vunivalu.

Favourite Panthers 2020 by tsp:

1. Dylan Edwards, the most underrated f-b in the game. Has a high moral calibre, very likeable and very humble. He’d be the first panther I’d want to drink a beer with.

2. Kiks, he brings the insanity into the side. You have to accept some strange moments for his gifts. No ordinary player. Generally love watching his game. He’s fun.

3. Api. Single- handedly ripped the tigers apart. I voted him Best Buy on nrl. When he’s on, he’s on. Was heavily marked in a quiet gf. He’s as tough as they come.

4. Yeo, does his job. Above stock but just under Marquee. Seems like a nice guy

Leui is a great player. Has his critics, but he adds more sparkle.

mxlegend99

Referee
To be fair i think Paps could do 100 metres across a footy field quicker than most players could in their cars.

We had absolutely nothing for the pace Storm had. We have a few blokes who move well for their size but no one who you would back to score everytime they find space. Except Staines.

Whino

Bench
Favourite Panthers 2020 by tsp:

1. Dylan Edwards, the most underrated f-b in the game. Has a high moral calibre, very likeable and very humble. He’d be the first panther I’d want to drink a beer with.

2. Kiks, he brings the insanity into the side. You have to accept some strange moments for his gifts. No ordinary player. Generally love watching his game. He’s fun.

3. Api. Single- handedly ripped the tigers apart. I voted him Best Buy on nrl. When he’s on, he’s on. Was heavily marked in a quiet gf. He’s as tough as they come.

4. Yeo, does his job. Above stock but just under Marquee. Seems like a nice guy

Leui is a great player. Has his critics, but he adds more sparkle.

I think that is your best post on here.

I think that is your best post on here.

Thanks.

Sometimes you have to let your hair down a bit.

All these players pretending to get injured and crap. In the meantime, Dylan Edwards gets legitimately coat hangered and hurt and gets up and wants to play on. Then he refuses to give evidence against bj. That’s courage and honour.

Compare that to the eels who spend hours at training practising their diving and ugly painful faces. That wussy wuss Brown.

@Aliceinwonderland was a getting a bit of stick over on our West’s tigers forum today. Well I don’t really mind if she visits us and speaks her mind. And I’m not looking her up elsewhere. Her real life is her real life.

She’s at her best analysing the actual footy when she can be bothered I guess.

WestyLife

First Grade
Thanks.

Sometimes you have to let your hair down a bit.

All these players pretending to get injured and crap. In the meantime, Dylan Edwards gets legitimately coat hangered and hurt and gets up and wants to play on. Then he refuses to give evidence against bj. That’s courage and honour.

Compare that to the eels who spend hours at training practising their diving and ugly painful faces. That wussy wuss Brown.

@Aliceinwonderland was a getting a bit of stick over on our West’s tigers forum today. Well I don’t really mind if she visits us and speaks her mind. And I’m not looking her up elsewhere. Her real life is her real life.

She’s at her best analysing the actual footy when she can be bothered I guess.

Honestly it's good watching tigers fans enjoying our loss so much. Next year is the 10th anniversary of the last time they made the finals so it's nice to see them happy after so long.

Talk about juvenile behaviour. Ivan left your mob two years ago, build a bridge and walk under it.

No Jane, so far as a lot of us concerned Ivan is beneath contempt.

What he did to us wt fans, members, sponsors, officials and all those who worked so hard for him was despicable, cruel and extraordinarily selfish.

He’s got no right or entitlement to stand in front of the game and command respect.

Jane he didn’t even take any responsibility for his Naden fiasco or that underwhelming first half.

He’s not the guy to lead you to glory. He’s a characterless gimp.

You can attack me personally, I don’t care ( except it reflects poorly in you).

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
No Jane, so far as a lot of us concerned Ivan is beneath contempt.

What he did to us wt fans, members, sponsors, officials and all those who worked so hard for him was despicable, cruel and extraordinarily selfish.

He’s got no right or entitlement to stand in front of the game and command respect.

Jane he didn’t even take any responsibility for his Naden fiasco or that underwhelming first half.

He’s not the guy to lead you to glory. No character.
Jealousy is a curse.

soc123_au

Staff member
Talk about juvenile behaviour. Ivan left your mob two years ago, build a bridge and walk under it.
In the Tigers fans defence, I hated the Roosters passionately for 9 long years after Gus, Freddy & Sing went there. It wasn't until Freddy retired that my hate began to fade. They got Freddy & Sing under dubious circumstances due to the super league war, but arguably less dubious than how we got Ivan. Tigers have been a punching bag for a while now, the big 3 thing, Ivan, Matterson, The players revolts against the coaching staff, the payback for said revolts & so on. None of that is the fans fault, so you can't blame them for picking Ivan as a target to let some of the rage out.

In saying all of that I'm glad we as a club are becoming more ruthless. nice guys finish last sadly.

Latest posts