What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

FlameThrower

Bench
I wonder if there are any ESL players maybe looking to come home, the whole dynamic has changed post COVid19 and now our mate Widdop wants to return ‘home’ for personal reasons..
I can only hope Hook and Co. are working hard behind the scenes otherwise the talent pool looks pretty shallow at the moment in the NRL player market.
The albatross around our neck is JDB, Hunt and Norman - only one of those will have a clear answer in the coming weeks. The other 2 are anyone’s guess...

BLM01

First Grade
Maybe Saab being released to Manly and Copley for depth.
Before Copley left Brisbane I would have taken him in a heartbeat as a centre as showed a heap of potential and ability..and can see why if true... Hook may chase him
Injuries at the Tits put the big ???? on him but like Bird if cheap enough and he would be..worth a cheap risk!

Last edited:

Craig93

Juniors
We don't need a 29 year old depth signing. We have a whole bunch of good young kids we can use instead.

Sometimes the kids need people with experience to learn off i think if we signed someone like Copley he would be just that.

Old Timer

Coach
Sometimes the kids need people with experience to learn off i think if we signed someone like Copley he would be just that.
The trouble with that is we pick them in 1st grade and the young CC players don’t get any benefit at all

Sloth

Juniors
I wouldn’t be surprised to see Copley back at the Donkeys, with Staggs out for half the year and us after Bird they are short of centres.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Sorry, the statistics say he didn't. We had a shit season all year in the forwards and not much better the year before and history will show another abysmal signing for the money we outlaid.
We definitely softened up in that last 3rd of the season.. Compared to when the old dog was here we dropped tackle efficiency from .94 to .92 whilst PCM as a ratio of opposition meters gained went from .33 to .35

The figures under Young look scary.. it’s like we just gave up..

mightydragon

Juniors
Sorry, the statistics say he didn't. We had a shit season all year in the forwards and not much better the year before and history will show another abysmal signing for the money we outlaid.
Or maybe it was the case that the forwards that he tried to mentor haven't got the discipline nor the intestinal fortitude that he had in his prime. What also didn't help was the fact McGregor and Co kept picking players out of position. Frizell, Ford and Host used in the middles. He then moved Frizell back to the edge and insisted on playing both he and Tariq on the opposite sides that they were use to playing and got picked for NSW SOO in those positions. Masterstroke after masterstroke from the coaching staff who have all been shown the door. We only need to expunge Haran and Millward to start fresh.