What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who are we buying for 2021 onwards

JJ

Immortal
Bit like at the warriors, comes on and does one intense full noise hit up, then successive ones get less and less effective. That's my casual observation.
He’s never anonymous but seldom terribly good either

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Yep, filled a lot of holes for us in the 2 years he was here. He was never a prop, but always got stuck in and did the job he was asked. Glad he's been picked up for the next few years

Matua

Bench
Still bemused by Warriors fans love for Burr, he's a plodder but because he's an Aussie he gets "rated". Not all Aussies are Michael Luck ....

Now I've said that he'll turn into a superstar at the Cowboys. :D

JJ

Immortal
Plodder is a bit unkind, he's generally offered as much or more than some higher profile Kiwis - decent depth guy...

Related to your "not all Aussies are Michael Luck" - I agree, but Campion, Luck, Price have been invaluable - similarly, not all Pasifika boys are Ali...many are bog average too, but with more highlights and lowlights than Burr

Matua

Bench
Plodder is a bit unkind, he's generally offered as much or more than some higher profile Kiwis - decent depth guy...

Related to your "not all Aussies are Michael Luck" - I agree, but Campion, Luck, Price have been invaluable - similarly, not all Pasifika boys are Ali...many are bog average too, but with more highlights and lowlights than Burr
The difference is Burr gets talked up on these forums, meanwhile the higher profile Kiwi boys and Pasifika players get criticised and abused for their similar numbers,

SmashEmBro

Juniors
The difference is Burr gets talked up on these forums, meanwhile the higher profile Kiwi boys and Pasifika players get criticised and abused for their similar numbers,
Haha come on dude.

When you look at the money Blair is on or the raps IP was given as a young guy, and Burr, someone who was unwanted in Australia and cost us sweet f*ck all putting up the same numbers, it's easy to see why some people are pleased with his efforts....

Reactions: JJ

Big Marn

Juniors
i guess its a psychological thing. a bit like how you feel when you pick up a perfectly good piece of kit from the inorganic for nothing, or from trademe for pittance, whereas your buddy paid through the nose for something similar.

Matua

Bench
Haha come on dude.

When you look at the money Blair is on or the raps IP was given as a young guy, and Burr, someone who was unwanted in Australia and cost us sweet f*ck all putting up the same numbers, it's easy to see why some people are pleased with his efforts....
The money he's on in comparison with others is really irrelevant to the fluffing he gets on here for his average play. It's still average, just because he gets paid less than Blair and other forwards people give shit to on here doesn't make his play any better.

Same with the raps on IP, Burr's getting the raps now on average performance.

I'm now even more convinced he's going to become a superstar at NQ after this debate. :)

SmashEmBro

Juniors
Adam Keighran also now gone in the great cleanout of 2020.

Leaves us incredibly light in the halves now, one injury there will see us probably having to field Nikorima mk2.

Unless there's a new signing around the corner

Penrose_11

Juniors
Seems like we’ve farwelled 6-7 players over last few weeks. I guess there must be method in their madness. Like the rest of us, waiting with interest to see the upgraded signings compared to each of those now gone. Can’t be to far off as pre-season starts mid November and any imports will need to quarantine for their 2 weeks on arrival like everybody else

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Aren't we splitting our pre-christmas camps between NZ and Australia?

Any new signings would probably be sent to Redcliffe with the Aussie based crew.

I think a lot of clubs are waiting at the ready - us included. Things always get a bit silly after the GF.

Might have to wait until Origin is clear this year though.

Rich102

Staff member
Adam Keighran also now gone in the great cleanout of 2020.

Leaves us incredibly light in the halves now, one injury there will see us probably having to field Nikorima mk2.

Unless there's a new signing around the corner

Link please?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
That's a shame, I was hoping they'd re-sign him.

Blair, Keighran, Burr, Papali'i, Vuniyayawa, Milne, Ravutaumada, Beale, Pulu, Roache, Herbert, have I missed anyone out?
Thats's quite a clear out so far

Aitkins, Evans, BMM and AFB in. 11 out (not including the loan players departing), 4 in, plus I imagine a number of juniors will be promoted and Nikorima mk II if he impresses

Certainly an intersting off-season

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
There was a big Fijian winger they signed from Rugby a few months back too

Read somewhere Fus was told he is free to look around but I find that hard to believe

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
There was a big Fijian winger they signed from Rugby a few months back too

Read somewhere Fus was told he is free to look around but I find that hard to believe

Wouldn't shock me. Good player but grossly overpaid. Both he and Ken combined are on between 900k-1mil reportedly.

Two limited wingers for 1mil is a horribly unbalanced way to build a roster.

With Fus being the higher paid of the two it wouldn't shock me at all purely for financial reasons, especially after there was no noticeable drop off in performance once they both left mid season.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
At the start of the season if you told me I'd be indifferent to losing Ken/Fus/both, I'd have slapped you.

We didn't skip a beat once they left, we actually improved. Attitude especially.

Hopefully this Ratuva fella can play and is a Vunivalu type find. I hope he can, because Ken & Fus need someone breathing down their neck, have been way too comfortable at the selection table for the past couple of seasons.

Tongue

Juniors
At the start of the season if you told me I'd be indifferent to losing Ken/Fus/both, I'd have slapped you.

We didn't skip a beat once they left, we actually improved. Attitude especially.

Hopefully this Ratuva fella can play and is a Vunivalu type find. I hope he can, because Ken & Fus need someone breathing down their neck, have been way too comfortable at the selection table for the past couple of seasons.

Agree. We need one of them. Not both.

Latest posts