What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton been shopped around.

matPORTS

Juniors
Again we are getting major insight into how the big fish operate and how far behind the 8-ball we truly are.

This all seems like a big storm in a tea cup to me. I'll hedge my bets and say that Crichton will take a pay cut and stay at the Roosters longer term. They will also snare Suaalli (for less money than he would otherwise command elsewhere) and manage to give Tedesco his big longer term upgrade. They will happily run with a Keary/Lam halves combination until Suaali is ready (which will probably be sooner than most pundits think given the system he would be working in).

If this is to play out any differently - what kind of offer will we be putting to the table for Crichton? This is our opportunity to replace Frizell like-for-like. We can't beat around the bush. Given the rumor that we significantly low-balled Welch and were swiftly rejected, I'm not convinced about our ability (or more specifically Millwards ability) to get a deal done.

I still hold out hope that things are going to change under the Anthony Griffin regime going forward...

Last edited:

Coffs dragon

Bench
I’d be more inclined to think Angus Crichton will end up back in Rugby as a prime target for the Wallabies, if he was forced away from the Roosters. An old Scots College Rugby boy that was a standout in schoolboy Union.
We’d be dreaming if you thought Dragons were an option.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I’d be more inclined to think Angus Crichton will end up back in Rugby as a prime target for the Wallabies, if he was forced away from the Roosters. An old Scots College Rugby boy that was a standout in schoolboy Union.
We’d be dreaming if you thought Dragons were an option.
You have to dream big. If he’s even a possibility and we are not pulling out all stops to get him I’d be pretty upset. I would say it’s his manager slipping it out to the media. He is the only player I can think of that may actually be an upgrade to Friz on current form.

Gareth67

First Grade
All I can say is that the rorters are placing a lot of faith in this young Suaalli chap . It’s one thing being a standout in the junior grades , but wether or not he can bring this ‘ star of the future ‘ form with him in the NRL itself is another thing entirely .

To lose a very talented player in Flanagan , or should I call a spade a spade :spades: and say to boot the poor devil out of a contract only 1 year in , plus Fasmuasili a promising forward and now the rumors of Crichton himself .

All to accommodate this Suaalli kid plus to upgrade Tedescos contract is either a very smart move by the rorters or a big mistake in the making .

Maddragon99

Juniors
All I can say is that the rorters are placing a lot of faith in this young Suaalli chap . It’s one thing being a standout in the junior grades , but wether or not he can bring this ‘ star of the future ‘ form with him in the NRL itself is another thing entirely .

To lose a very talented player in Flanagan , or should I call a spade a spade :spades: and say to boot the poor devil out of a contract only 1 year in , plus Fasmuasili a promising forward and now the rumors of Crichton himself .

All to accommodate this Suaalli kid plus to upgrade Tedescos contract is either a very smart move by the rorters or a big mistake in the making .

Hard to believe the Roosters would let Crichton go with Boyd Cordner ageing & suffering continued concussions. Maria Hargreaves isn’t getting any younger either.

RedVDave

First Grade

Lol what a fail by me

https://www.nospam21.com/roosters-star-facing-uncertain-future-nrl-angus-crichton-82115/

^ was meant to post the article re Crichton, although broken circle breakdown is a great Flemish speaking movie for those interested set in Belgium.

___

• Roosters star Angus Crichton facing uncertain future
The Chooks could offload a big name as they battle salary cap strains.

BY
MITCH KEATING
-
DEPUTY EDITOR
OCTOBER 28, 2020

Angus Crichton’s future in Bondi is understood to be up in the air as the Roosters look to stash finances and open cap room for teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii, per Channel Nine’s Danny Weidler.

On top of the potential arrival of Suaalii, the Chooks are also hoping to re-sign Jake Friend and the Morris brothers, while James Tedesco is set for a major pay rise.

“Angus is on big money next year,” Weidler said on the Big Sports Breakfast.

“He knows the year after he’s going to have to cop a pay cut. Whether he gets an offer to leave early I’m not sure.

Dragon David

First Grade
The Roosters have already done us a favour by letting us sign Poasa. I don't think that they would want Chricton to come to us or any other club and I am sure that they will come to some agreement with him to stay at the Roosters.

Millward made comment on our website as follows:-

"Given his experiences in the Sydney Roosters' system, we are confident there is plenty of improvement in Poasa. We must also thank the Roosters for their cooperation with Poasa's signing."

Gareth67

First Grade
Also with the rorters there would be 3 or 4 players ( Hargraves , Friend,Morris Bros, ? ) getting on a bit and you would think next season will be their last.

Hard to believe the Roosters would let Crichton go with Boyd Cordner ageing & suffering continued concussions. Maria Hargreaves isn’t getting any younger either.

Agree gents , they are both getting on in age . Hargreaves would be a concern to the rorters now for his continued judiciary appearances , as they may not have no Crichton and certainly do not have Faamuasilli to take his spot should he do any length of time on the sideline.

Boyd Cordner is in the same boat as Luke Keary as far as head knocks are concerned and if I had to decide upon which player to say goodbye to between Cordner and Crichton it would be the former .

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Lol what a fail by me

https://www.nospam21.com/roosters-star-facing-uncertain-future-nrl-angus-crichton-82115/

^ was meant to post the article re Crichton, although broken circle breakdown is a great Flemish speaking movie for those interested set in Belgium.

___

• Roosters star Angus Crichton facing uncertain future
The Chooks could offload a big name as they battle salary cap strains.

BY
MITCH KEATING
-
DEPUTY EDITOR
OCTOBER 28, 2020

Angus Crichton’s future in Bondi is understood to be up in the air as the Roosters look to stash finances and open cap room for teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii, per Channel Nine’s Danny Weidler.

On top of the potential arrival of Suaalii, the Chooks are also hoping to re-sign Jake Friend and the Morris brothers, while James Tedesco is set for a major pay rise.

“Angus is on big money next year,” Weidler said on the Big Sports Breakfast.

“He knows the year after he’s going to have to cop a pay cut. Whether he gets an offer to leave early I’m not sure.
After the Toobin incident that's nothing mate.

possm

Coach
Again we are getting major insight into how the big fish operate and how far behind the 8-ball we truly are.

This all seems like a big storm in a tea cup to me. I'll hedge my bets and say that Crichton will take a pay cut and stay at the Roosters longer term. They will also snare Suaalli (for less money than he would otherwise command elsewhere) and manage to give Tedesco his big longer term upgrade. They will happily run with a Keary/Lam halves combination until Suaali is ready (which will probably be sooner than most pundits think given the system he would be working in).

If this is to play out any differently - what kind of offer will we be putting to the table for Crichton? This is our opportunity to replace Frizell like-for-like. We can't beat around the bush. Given the rumor that we significantly low-balled Welch and were swiftly rejected, I'm not convinced about our ability (or more specifically Millwards ability) to get a deal done.

I still hold out hope that things are going to change under the Anthony Griffin regime going forward...
So, if Creighton is on the Roosters books for 200k, does this mean he will accept less to stay with Easts?

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Agree gents , they are both getting on in age . Hargreaves would be a concern to the rorters now for his continued judiciary appearances , as they may not have no Crichton and certainly do not have Faamuasilli to take his spot should he do any length of time on the sideline.

Boyd Cordner is in the same boat as Luke Keary as far as head knocks are concerned and if I had to decide upon which player to say goodbye to between Cordner and Crichton it would be the former .
Agree, but I would still go hard for him, no double entendre intended. If nothing else pushing his price up a bit will if nothing else weaken one of opposition teams.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So, if Creighton is on the Roosters books for 200k, does this mean he will accept less to stay with Easts?
I strongly doubt he's on 200k. I would just offer him what we were going to offer Friz. If he takes it cool, if not at least its upped what the Rorters have to pay. He is at least an equal replacement for Friz if not a little better given his age.

be55

Juniors
Mate...Muzby was just joking when he said that...i am sure at the time he signed it was somewhere around the 2.7 million for 3 years....1 million for the first year of his contract and 850000 the next two years...pocket change for the Roosters

Latest posts