What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DON’T. BLOW. KISSES. And other karma tales

greenBV4

Bench
Roosters game can be forgiven as we were playing from behind. But all 3 finals games were managed very poorly by the halves, particularly Nathan Cleary. We didn't build any pressure and this side was the best at doing that by a long way in 2020.
Cleary had too much wind blown up his arse by the media - then fell apart when he didnt win the dally m

soc123_au

Staff member
Why should I care? My team didn’t make the finals in ‘89 and all I remember is that Canberra won the comp.
Magpies were runners up in 61, 62 & 63. I was responding to your post claiming no one remembers the runner up.

Apey

Staff member
I reckon even some Panthers fans have been pretty harsh on their team; no doubt because it's still raw and hurts.

The team is young and weren't great all finals but still managed to make the GF. The lower grades finals experience Gus and other silly fans on here went on about means shit f**k all for first grade. So it was a very inexperienced finals team. Probably would have saved the fans some hurt getting knocked out in the prelim instead but in the long run or not so long run, I think this first finals hit out of theirs will help them go one further.

mxlegend99

Referee
If finishing second in a finals series is karma. I'll take it every year.

Deadset best season we have had in nearly 2 decades and that's a bad thing? Blow kisses again next year Ivan. If the karma gods want to punish you with 17 in a row and another grand final appearance I will take it.

2 losses in an entire season by a combined margin of 12 points. Winning a grand final would be better than not winning one. Obviously. But no one had Panthers making the grand final in the pre-season..they werent even in a lot of peoples top 8.

franklin2323

Immortal
You’re not seriously gonna be smug about winning the 2nd half, are you?

Not everything is smug... would you rather us be sliting our wrists because we lost? At 26-0 with 30 mins left it could of been anything. The fact it wasn't is something good..well not for the salty haters

SBD82

Coach
Not everything is smug... would you rather us be sliting our wrists because we lost? At 26-0 with 30 mins left it could of been anything. The fact it wasn't is something good..well not for the salty haters
Not sure who you’re calling a salty hater. I was supporting you and praying for a miracle.

I’m not sure of your history with smug. But @GongPanther has form. I think you’ve missed a bit of context when you read my post.

GongPanther

Referee
You’re not seriously gonna be smug about winning the 2nd half, are you?
An overall 6 point loss after being behind by over 20 n a GF against the Storm is simply not a choke, which is what the point of the conversation is all about.

Look, if you want a choke, go no further than your lot who where leading the comp, then practically threw away the MP when they simply did not have the depth. Then after Parra scraping into the top 4, once again showed the Linda Lovelace way of gagging on their chances.

But of course you have to target our loss in the GF for your team's shortcomings. But don't worry, you're hardly alone in that miserable department.

SBD82

Coach
An overall 6 point loss after being behind by over 20 n a GF against the Storm is simply not a choke, which is what the point of the conversation is all about.

Look, if you want a choke, go no further than your lot who where leading the comp, then practically threw away the MP when they simply did not have the depth. Then after Parra scraping into the top 4, once again showed the Linda Lovelace way of gagging on their chances.

But of course you have to target our loss in the GF for your team's shortcomings. But don't worry, you're hardly alone in that miserable department.
We choked. I can admit that. My team has many shortcomings that have nothing at all to do with your club. Right now we are so shit that I’d give anything to be in a position to choke.

The Parramatta Eels 2001 GF choke was one of the greatest of all time. They won the second half by a greater margin than the Panthers. That doesn’t change the fact that they choked.

Hopefully Ivan has more sense than you, and can use this as a hard lesson for his young squad. If he takes the smug “we won the second half” route the panthers might take the Parra premiership route.

JamesRustle

First Grade
The opposition being reduced to 11 is on them. 2 clear professional fouls. No need for either of them, but they just couldn't get the grub out of their games.
Two sin binnings in each of their last 2 grand finals. Pretty rare to get a 2-0 sin bin count in any game during the season... dirty f**kers

GongPanther

Referee
We choked. I can admit that. My team has many shortcomings that have nothing at all to do with your club. Right now we are so shit that I’d give anything to be in a position to choke.

The Parramatta Eels 2001 GF choke was one of the greatest of all time. They won the second half by a greater margin than the Panthers. That doesn’t change the fact that they choked.

Hopefully Ivan has more sense than you, and can use this as a hard lesson for his young squad. If he takes the smug “we won the second half” route the panthers might take the Parra premiership route.
We had a mighty year, so losing this GF is only a hiccup towards the bright future that we have. Hopefully a better year for Parra as well in 2021.

One day, got to have that Panthers V Eels GF.

SBD82

Coach
We had a mighty year, so losing this GF is only a hiccup towards the bright future that we have. Hopefully a better year for Parra as well in 2021.

One day, got to have that Panthers V Eels GF.
Wait. Do you think I’m a Parra supporter?

The Rosco

Bench
Funny how most fans can see the whole "karma" thing ISN'T aimed at the Penrith team . . . but rather directly at Ivan.
Penrith were a bit smug, with fair enough reason.
Ivan set WT back at least 2 seasons, and was a deadset fkwit when he blew the kiss.
We've got a whole lot of valid reasons to take pleasure in his failures.