What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton been shopped around.

jak

Bench
Mate...Muzby was just joking when he said that...i am sure at the time he signed it was somewhere around the 2.7 million for 3 years....1 million for the first year of his contract and 850000 the next two years...pocket change for the Roosters
muzby joking, thats new

Maddragon99

Juniors
Agree gents , they are both getting on in age . Hargreaves would be a concern to the rorters now for his continued judiciary appearances , as they may not have no Crichton and certainly do not have Faamuasilli to take his spot should he do any length of time on the sideline.

Boyd Cordner is in the same boat as Luke Keary as far as head knocks are concerned and if I had to decide upon which player to say goodbye to between Cordner and Crichton it would be the former .

Crichton is only 24 so he’ll be 25 when off contract next year. If Easts are content to let him go then he’d be an outstanding pick up for us on a 3 or 4 year deal. Proven Origin player & injury free he’d fit in nicely.

possm

Coach
Crichton is only 24 so he’ll be 25 when off contract next year. If Easts are content to let him go then he’d be an outstanding pick up for us on a 3 or 4 year deal. Proven Origin player & injury free he’d fit in nicely.
If the Rorters are shopping him around now, then we should be first in line to sign him; no need to wait at all.

Sign him with funds from Frizell and K Sims salary.

Belta

Juniors
Lol what a fail by me

https://www.nospam21.com/roosters-star-facing-uncertain-future-nrl-angus-crichton-82115/

^ was meant to post the article re Crichton, although broken circle breakdown is a great Flemish speaking movie for those interested set in Belgium.

Nonsense. Your far to humble RedVDave. The child’s illness and subsequent brain dead diagnosis is obviously a common thread displayed in the characters portrayed throughout the the running this club in recent times. The child’s death reflects the fans hopes, killed off by negligence and out right stupidity. Take a bow a RedVDave you smashed this one.

___

• Roosters star Angus Crichton facing uncertain future
The Chooks could offload a big name as they battle salary cap strains.

BY
MITCH KEATING
-
DEPUTY EDITOR
OCTOBER 28, 2020

Angus Crichton’s future in Bondi is understood to be up in the air as the Roosters look to stash finances and open cap room for teenage sensation Joseph Suaalii, per Channel Nine’s Danny Weidler.

On top of the potential arrival of Suaalii, the Chooks are also hoping to re-sign Jake Friend and the Morris brothers, while James Tedesco is set for a major pay rise.

“Angus is on big money next year,” Weidler said on the Big Sports Breakfast.

“He knows the year after he’s going to have to cop a pay cut. Whether he gets an offer to leave early I’m not sure.

Maddragon99

Juniors
If the Rorters are shopping him around now, then we should be first in line to sign him; no need to wait at all.

Sooner the better. I just don’t buy the roosters bull sh|t

BLM01

First Grade

So you would pay him nearly $1mill a year?..pleeease I hope your joking!

Maddragon99

Juniors

The guy is only 24, we pay him whatever it takes to get the deal done. $500-$600 is the going salary for a rep player. it’s more about the term of the deal, for a young guy like him offer him the security a 4yr deal then everybody wins

dragon thomo

Juniors
On the market Angus would be around $600 000 to $700 000
If we paid that sought of money I would be comfortable.
I would still have a shot at Welch for $500 000 to $550 000
Ofengaue is worth $350 000 Maximum

Maddragon99

Juniors
On the market Angus would be around $600 000 to $700 000
If we paid that sought of money I would be comfortable.
I would still have a shot at Welch for $500 000 to $550 000
Ofengaue is worth $350 000 Maximum

When calculating the value of a player age is an improvement factor. David Fifita is worth over $1m because he’s 20yrs old. $600k for Crichton over 4yrs Is a good deal. Is Crichton a better player JdB? Not really & JdB was happily on $600k

BLM01

First Grade
The guy is only 24, we pay him whatever it takes to get the deal done. $500-$600 is the going salary for a rep player. it’s more about the term of the deal, for a young guy like him offer him the security a 4yr deal then everybody wins
So in that case he is not worth $1 mill which was the whole point of my post..and he is not the sort of player you pay "whatever it takes"
There are only a few of those out there like Tedesco, Keary, Turbo, Papenheuzan, Munster, Ponga, David Fifita and some other spine players out there

Maddragon99

Juniors
I think we all felt Newcastle overpaid for for Frizell given his age of 29.

Roosters pursuit of teen sensation Joseph Suaalii could see Angus Crichton shopped around
WRITTEN BYED CHISHOLM
@ChisholmEd

angus-crichton_1sifqopxo6bik1iegksz6iwb7j.jpg

LEAGUE
SYDNEY ROOSTERS
LEAGUE

The Roosters pursuit of teenage sensation Jopseh Suaalii could see them lose Origin second-rower Angus Crichton as the club begin shedding salary cap space to secure the Rabbitohs junior.

The Daily Telegraph report Suaalii has knocked back a $2 million offer from South Sydney, where he's played his junior rugby league, and is on the radar of fierce rivals the Roosters, who have offered a long-term deal.

Suaali is under contract at Redfern until the end of next year and would need to gain a release if he decides to shift to another club.

While the Rabbitohs are expected to play hardball with their arch-rivals, the Roosters now appear in the box seat for Suaalli's signature, despite Rugby Australia also making an approach with a lucrative offer.

Channel Nine's Danny Weidler told Sky Sports Racing's Big Sports Breakfast the Roosters are the club Suaalii is favouring, but said last year's premiers had "issues" with their roster that needed solving first.

The Roosters have already begun a minor clean-out with the release of Kyle Flanagan and Poasa Fa'amausili on Tuesday.

However, Weidler suggests it could see them also let go of big-money forward Crichton as the club looks to lock up Jake Friend and the Morris twins, as well as Suaalii, in the coming weeks.

"The Roosters are in the process of making room to try and secure Suaalli. I think Kyle Flanagan is a part of that," Weidler said.

"They've got issues, they've got to secure the Morris's, they haven't announced them as re-signings yet; Jake Friend, I think he's got a deal there but they haven't registered that either.. they also want to get Suaalii.

joseph-suaalii_10i52k7rnz7w21fcl059nv23hj.jpg

"I think the Roosters are going to have to lose another player or two, maybe someone of significance. The name that keeps on coming up is Angus Crichton, he's on big money but I thought he was one of the Roosters' best forwards (this year).

"He's been criticised for his defence but his defence was unbelievable and tough and he's forced his way back into the Origin team.

"I don't know what the Roosters are going to do but they definitely want Suaallii (but) South Sydney don't want Suaalii playing for the Roosters so it's going to be another good battle between the clubs."

It comes after revelations Crichton, who is contracted until the end of 2021 on a deal reportedly worth close to $1 million a season, would be forced to take a pay cut if he was to stay at Bondi beyond next year.

possm

Coach
Where did you get that figure from. We offered Frizell 600k and so I would pay Crichton the same. Cancel the Roosters contract and we will give him a 3-4 year contract at 600k p/a.

Gareth67

First Grade
$1million is a hell of a lot of money for a forward if the price is correct .

But should the hierarchy at Steggles Group - Bondi , decide that Crichton must leave so as to have enough for Suaalli , Tedesco upgrade and also the return of every dogs best friend - Mitchell Pearce , then all I can say is that can Crichton walk on water ?

Because for that sort of money the bloke had better have some super-heroe quality about him ! I wonder what he really got paid to switch from his beloved Green and Myrtle the club where he gave part of his finger for to go over to the tri-colors ?

The point is is no forward is worth that type of coin . $600k - $650k over 4 seasons I believe is more like it . He is undoubtedly a workhorse and imho would look damn fine in the Big Red V .

Last edited:

George Sancti

Juniors
Angus Crichton strikes me as a person who sees the financial benefits of professional sport above brand or district loyalty. If the Dragons could table an offer of $650,000 with legitimate marketing opportunities through WIN Corporation, he may consider that a move to Wollongong may be in his best long term interests.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Angus Crichton strikes me as a person who sees the financial benefits of professional sport above brand or district loyalty. If the Dragons could table an offer of $650,000 with legitimate marketing opportunities through WIN Corporation, he may consider that a move to Wollongong may be in his best long term interests.
We could get him to present the weather on the 6pm news?