What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crappy Grand Final entertainment

Most music these days comes out of a laptop. Kids don’t invest time and money learning to play real instruments anymore. If they do, they have nowhere to play as there’s diminishing numbers of music venues. Pubs are just pokie dens now.

kdalymc

Bench
off topic but you wenkas need to bin Hit 105 or Nova and get onto JJJ. Aussie rock is still very much alive. as mentioned earlier Violent Soho would have been a great fit.

Why can't they do an NRL All-Star Jam / Band?

Fans of RL from all genres of music, young and old, brought together for a pre-match and half-time show.

It really isn't that hard. There's plenty of them out there and it'll keep it fresh and fun.

f**k Sony off. And sorry...half time...we sit there for 20 minutes twiddling our thumbs. Bad luck if TV get the half time talky fap fest. Give the 80000 at the ground something to do FFS.

off topic but you wenkas need to bin Hit 105 or Nova and get onto JJJ. Aussie rock is still very much alive. as mentioned earlier Violent Soho would have been a great fit.

I just hear doof on JJJ every time I tune in. Not the station it once was. Going national f**ked it. Double J and FBI are better

unforgiven

Bench
I just hear doof on JJJ every time I tune in. Not the station it once was. Going national f**ked it. Double J and FBI are better

I hear this all the time but it is usually because the person is no longer the stations target audience. It is a youth targeted station so as you grow older you will probably find yourself enjoying it less and less. I know I do lol

I hear this all the time but it is usually because the person is no longer the stations target audience. It is a youth targeted station so as you grow older you will probably find yourself enjoying it less and less. I know I do lol

True but JJJ used to play stuff you never heard of before which was great because it enabled you to expand your music tastes which was kinda of the point of it all. You’d also here stuff on there first well before it went mainstream too.

Fangs

Coach
Perhaps Tom Jones could be recruited next year to sing 'What A Game'. The last truly great Rugby League anthem.

Quicksilver

Bench
Triple J plays good modern rock style music and I don’t mind the Aussie Hip Hop. Or the good electro sort of stuff.

But I don’t like overseas hip hop and the commercial sounding fluff music they play.

it just sounds like Nova to me now.

Anyway I’m too old for it.

lockyno1

Post Whore
You’re all critical of Amy Shark right now but if she’d have performed her act in the nude you’d be calling it the greatest ever.

Her perforce was fine and vocally she was fine....but is the right genre to get a crowd going? That is the issue most people have with it. Get some rock bands it really isn't that difficult.