What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

TheRam

Coach
Probably true but if it was as easy as just signing all the players you need before each season we would've won more premierships.

Of course it's not. It's about getting our junior recruitment and development right and identification right. This is why we are struggling right now to add more quality to our top roster without going over the salary cap.

We don't have any real quality coming through to add to the roster relatively cheaply to bolster out top 17. We need to go out to the market place to bring in

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
another useless stat

he didn't win the games on his own, he's been a passenger
A passenger who didn't stop his team winning 65 games? You don't comprehend how much of a team game it is. Bad players just don't win a lot of NRL games. They either don't play much or they play for shit teams and lose.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
That stat is a Pou special, not even Cam Smith wins games on his own and he is the most influential player I have ever seen.
The stat doesn't mean they won games on their own, just that they were involved in a lot of winning teams. That's not something that shit players do.

Avenger

Immortal
I anticipate a much stronger competition next season. Souths finished the season strong and are recruiting well. Im confident they will have an even better year. Canberra can improve with Hodson on deck but they will miss their gun Pom.
Titans, St George, Canterbury, Brisbane, Cowboys and Manly will improve. Who knows how Wests, Cronulla and Warriors will perform but Im figuring they will be competitive.
A huge test for BA next season. His 4 best players continue to train and remain in the bubble. Will this have an effect? Post the last World Cup our rep players were dissappointing. Ill excuse Kevans though because he broke his arm and it took him 3 years to recover fully. Poor bastard.
Additionally there will be 14 plus new players many of which are yet to be signed/promoted plus a host of CC Players.
A repeat of 3rd position will be a massive result but is it possible? I am looking forward to fellow forumites thoughts in the 2021 Predictions Thread. Roll on 2021.

https://forums.leagueunlimited.com/threads/season-2021-predictions.482379/

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Of course it's not. It's about getting our junior recruitment and development right and identification right. This is why we are struggling right now to add more quality to our top roster without going over the salary cap.

We don't have any real quality coming through to add to the roster relatively cheaply to bolster out top 17. We need to go out to the market place to bring in

listen to the TCT podcast, there appears to be a few juniors doing the offseason with the NRL squad and a few may push for development contracts / top 30 spots.

I have no really knowledge of what our juniors are like but from what I have read / listen to, it appears so far:

- we have Dunster / Hughes (winger / middle ) confirmed top 30
- Hollis (middle) may be top 30
- Arthur and the young Fijian winger may be on development contracts next year
- there is a young 18 year centre (forget his name) think has been mention as well with potential doing the offseason training

so that’s 2 wingers / half / 2 middles / 1 centre (6 players), all with potential. Plus there is probably a couple of others I havent mentioned. Not sure you need much more juniors pushing around the top 30. That’s a good balance.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The stat doesn't mean they won games on their own, just that they were involved in a lot of winning teams. That's not something that shit players do.
Brenko Lee just won a comp, I mean WTF???

Just ponder that one for a moment!!!!

The stats don’t matter, the nrl don’t matter , the world don’t matter FFS the universe don’t matter.

Mind f**king blown man mind f**king blown.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We aren't able to add quality because we haven't lost any top 13 players from this year's squad. That's where the money is tied up. If none of those players are off the books then neither are their salaries. So where is the cap space coming from to 'add quality'? ffs use your brian.
We don't have any real quality coming through to add to the roster relatively cheaply to bolster out top 17.
How do you know that? Have you seen the kids we're bringing into our squad next year?

Noise

Coach
listen to the TCT podcast, there appears to be a few juniors doing the offseason with the NRL squad and a few may push for development contracts / top 30 spots.

I have no really knowledge of what our juniors are like but from what I have read / listen to, it appears so far:

- there is a young 18 year centre (forget his name) think has been mention as well with potential doing the offseason training

so that’s 2 wingers / half / 2 middles / 1 centre (6 players), all with potential. Plus there is probably a couple of others I have mentioned. Not sure you need much more juniors pushing around the top 30. That’s a good balance.
The guys on the TCT talked up guys like Loko, O’Hanlon, Tepai, Tanginoa, Parry, etc on various Parra forums over the years. All duds. It’s not just about having juniors. It’s about having a few exceptional ones. Only the very best juniors make good first graders. We haven’t produced a whole heap in the last 10 years.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Brenko Lee just won a comp, I mean WTF???

Just ponder that one for a moment!!!!

The stats don’t matter, the nrl don’t matter , the world don’t matter FFS the universe don’t matter.

Mind f**king blown man mind f**king blown.
Sometimes backups win premierships. It happens. But we know he's ordinary because he's only won 34 games in his career. All single handedly of course.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
The guys on the TCT talked up guys like Loko, O’Hanlon, Tepai, Tanginoa, Parry, etc on various Parra forums over the years. All duds. It’s not just about having juniors. It’s about having a few exceptional ones. Only the very best juniors make good first graders. We haven’t produced a whole heap in the last 10 years.
It's not just about finding the future superstars. The richest clubs get those kids because they spend the most on their football departments, including junior recruitment. But clubs like Parra can benefit from juniors by having the odd top 17 player on minimum salary, allowing us to spend cap space elsewhere in the roster.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member

they are only duds if we pay to much for them. Juniors can fill the squad on the cheap.

TCT wasn’t around for the for the Loko / KT / PO years.....

Parry wasn’t really a dud, yeah he wasn’t a superstar but did ok in his 2 games, it’s a shame he left. Could have developed into a fair player and provided a cheap option/back up at winger.

Anyhow if we are talking junior development, I reckon developing 2 spine players in Mahoney / Drown in the last 2 years is probably the best it gets. Spine players are pretty expensive to buy and we have managed to debut and develop 2, together.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

so that’s 2 wingers / half / 2 middles / 1 centre (6 players), all with potential. Plus there is probably a couple of others I havent mentioned. Not sure you need much more juniors pushing around the top 30. That’s a good balance.

I believe if you include Hughes there'll be 10 "juniors" doing an NRL pre-season this year. The centre you're thinking of is probably Sean Russell, also plays fullback and wing.

Delboy

First Grade
For those who haven’t been around or ignore hat has been said, the juniors coming through now are the result of the club regaining their focus on pathways under BA, that started when da was removed and Field and Arthur started on the U14/U15 about 5 years ago. Kaufusi, Dunster, Stefano and evening Keppie and others that took the dollars elsewhere were part of the new JETS protocol.

The names that are mentioned were part of the Matt’s and Ball that made finals in the past 4 years, and most are true juniors that were developed from our system and some astute recruitment. Penisini, Loizou, Carrol , Arthur all played for Rouse Hill, Hills, Wenty etc with others coming through.
Not sure how many will prove to be NRL players but have much better development than some names brought up as past sort of failures.

Noise

Coach
they are only duds if we pay to much for them. Juniors can fill the squad on the cheap.

TCT wasn’t around for the for the Loko / KT / PO years.....

Parry wasn’t really a dud, yeah he wasn’t a superstar but did ok in his 2 games, it’s a shame he left. Could have developed into a fair player and provided a cheap option/back up at winger.

Anyhow if we are talking junior development, I reckon developing 2 spine players in Mahoney / Drown in the last 2 years is probably the best it gets. Spine players are pretty expensive to buy and we have managed to debut and develop 2, together.

I said the same guys on TCT were spruiking those players on various parra forums, before TCT, not on TCT. They talk everyone up.

Parry was certainly a dud. Embarrassing defence. Mahoney and Brown certainly have potential to be very good players but aren’t there yet IMO.