What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Angus Crichton been shopped around.

ALSGI

Bench
I reckon we should hock the old Taj Mahal and go on a major spending spree . And whilst we are at it buy ourselves another set of accounts book - just like the rorter clubs do .
No need for account books mate just a friendly alley in a dark handshake!

Mjab

Juniors
We really don't need Norman and Hunt and so, I believe we will offload Hunt to the Broncos for Bird and Norman to reserve grade until he and his manager find another contract in 2021.

I expect that SOO will initiate some interest in Hunt and a deal with the Broncos will be struck in late Novemember.
I agree that if Hunt has a good SOO there may be interest in him
Maybe a good SOO will also improve his mind set for us with a different mentor than peanut Mary

BLM01

First Grade
Maybe a good SOO will also improve his mind set for us with a different mentor than peanut Mary
But he had a good 2019 origin series and won some medal

Gareth67

First Grade
Only nine and a half fingers but otherwise good as new...

I was shocked when I first read about the man having part of finger amputated so as to improve his ball handling skills . You cannot say that he is not dedicated and wishes to give his all for the team .

possm

Coach
Given that Griffin has come out in support of Hunt playing as our halfback and running the side, I am now satisfied that Hunt will remain with us and Griffin will do all he can to improve his game. The next question is, who will Griffin have at five-eighth? There has been no mention of Norman.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I noticed that too Possm. He mentioned Hunt and threw in Sullivan as a great up and comer but no mention of Norman. Hunt on his day is in the top 5 halves and top 5 hooker. He is definitely one to work with. As for Norman, that may have been the big kick up the ar$e he needs and knows there is alot of work to do to impress Griffin and cannot rely on his past highlights.

possm

Coach
I noticed that too Possm. He mentioned Hunt and threw in Sullivan as a great up and comer but no mention of Norman. Hunt on his day is in the top 5 halves and top 5 hooker. He is definitely one to work with. As for Norman, that may have been the big kick up the ar$e he needs and knows there is alot of work to do to impress Griffin and cannot rely on his past highlights.
After thinking about this, the thought hit me that maybe Griffin sees Bird as Hunt's partner in 2021. If this the case maybe it is Sullivan and Clune in reserve grade and Norman will be on his way to another club.

Como Connection

First Grade
After thinking about this, the thought hit me that maybe Griffin sees Bird as Hunt's partner in 2021. If this the case maybe it is Sullivan and Clune in reserve grade and Norman will be on his way to another club.
I reckon Bird would play second row/lock if he signs.
CC

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Also he was at a luncheon. Safer bet talking about Hunt and Sullivan than Norman. The takeaway I thought was he see’s Hunt as half rather than Hooker....

Dragonslayer

First Grade
As I've said before, rhe shape of just about our entire team will be determined by the result of the JDB court decision.

With JDB in the team, he plays lock, McInnes back to hooker and Hunt at half.
With no JDB, the structure fhanges dramatically, especially if we go and purchase a lock eg: Joe O or even Asiata, or do we return to McInnes at lock and Hunt at hooker?

As far as who will play 5/8, I'm sure Norman will start the season, however, wether he finishes the season there is another thing. We don't even know if he wull even be here in 2021 tbh.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
As I've said before, rhe shape of just about our entire team will be determined by the result of the JDB court decision.

With JDB in the team, he plays lock, McInnes back to hooker and Hunt at half.
With no JDB, the structure fhanges dramatically, especially if we go and purchase a lock eg: Joe O or even Asiata, or do we return to McInnes at lock and Hunt at hooker?

As far as who will play 5/8, I'm sure Norman will start the season, however, wether he finishes the season there is another thing. We don't even know if he wull even be here in 2021 tbh.
Agree with you there mate. I hope they don’t go with McInness at lock; love the blokes effort and admire his enthusiasm and leadership etc....when he pulls on the Red V, but I personally just don’t have him as a top line lock. Hooker he’s only spot in my opinion.

Last edited: