What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020 Rabbitohs Rumours, Signings and News

Rabbits20

Immortal
Strong talk is that we have signed Tautau Moga it’s gonna be in the Daily Telegraph paper tomorrow apparently.

If you ask me this is an underwhelming signing.

Moga has been very very injury prone and for mine he has discipline issues and defensive issues.

I hope he goes well with us and proves me wrong.

Travitoh

First Grade
Strong talk is that we have signed Tautau Moga it’s gonna be in the Daily Telegraph paper tomorrow apparently.

If you ask me this is an underwhelming signing.

Moga has been very very injury prone and for mine he has discipline issues and defensive issues.

I hope he goes well with us and proves me wrong.

I'd forgotten about him.
Very good signing three years ago, underwhelming as you said today.
Had a good season with Bennett at Brisbane before moving to Newcastle where i think he has had a couple major knee injuries. Since then his career has stalled.

handyman2190

Bench
Roosters bring in SBW to pitch Suaalii on blockbuster move as secret contract clause revealed: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...a/news-story/658b6b67a99b6697ae0737bf019c83f8

How did South Sydney let Joseph Suaalii slip through their fingers?: https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/ho...ip-through-their-fingers-20201028-p569i7.html

What an absolute BS article that is!
If the rorters want him and accept all his get out clauses, they can have him,weve for the last couple of years apparently been paying him, he shows no loyalty which is disappointing.
At the end of the day i think not having a dedicated recruitment officer that can negotiate properly,and this is not a critisism of Ellison because i think he is good at being the team manager and has enough on his plate, but i doubt he is good at recruitment or salary cap managment, we need a dedicated person looking after this, the suaali case has highlighted the fact we dawdled and screwed this up,this kid should have been tied up quick. I know while we were giving them space to think the rorters were knocking on his door, they got under our gaurd, Many talented juniors, take roberts as an eg were brilliant in lower grades but couldnt step up or like roberts couldnt sustain the quality, if we dont get him and the rorters do they have screwed us again, we should then start a campaign offering more to thier players forcing them to pay more to keep them.

Dogmatix

Juniors
The Souths objection to get out clauses is madness. The fact is every player has an unwritten get out clause in their contract every year!!! If a player does not want to play for a club anymore the club has to let them go in practical terms. Souths got Latrell when he wanted to leave the Roosters with a year left on his contract

Bottom line is players leave clubs all the time before their contracts are up. Writing in the yearly get out clauses should be no big deal for any club. If the player is happy at your club he will stay, if he is unhappy he will leave and this is true whether or not the get out clause is written or unwritten

Roosters are being smart in understanding that writing in get out clauses is no big deal

NovoBunny94

Juniors
He's a Rorter himself, what do you expect.

Also he should have moved Jake T to the front row, and put Murray in to start at lock, but as I said, what do you expect from a Rorter?
I actually don't mind having Jake Turbo start with Murray off the bench. I'd assume with only 3 genuine props, Jake would move to the front row once D Saf or Paulo go off bringing Murray off the bench and into lock. Having Walker at 14 is dangerous to QLD.
God I hope we don't take QLD lightly.. they will trample us if we do. They may not have Smith and Co anymore but they still have Papalii, S'ua is a good pick, Munster.. Brimson can be dangerous too.

NovoBunny94

Juniors
The Souths objection to get out clauses is madness. The fact is every player has an unwritten get out clause in their contract every year!!! If a player does not want to play for a club anymore the club has to let them go in practical terms. Souths got Latrell when he wanted to leave the Roosters with a year left on his contract

Bottom line is players leave clubs all the time before their contracts are up. Writing in the yearly get out clauses should be no big deal for any club. If the player is happy at your club he will stay, if he is unhappy he will leave and this is true whether or not the get out clause is written or unwritten

Roosters are being smart in understanding that writing in get out clauses is no big deal

But having a get-out clause every year?? I doubt that's normal.
If it is, that is madness.
The bloke basically said look, every year I want to do a $onny bill and do what I want. If that's golf, I'll do golf.
If that's lawn bowls, I'll do lawn bowls.

Contract is a contract, sorry fella.
I doubt a guy like Cameron Murray has a get out clause in his contract for every year??

NovoBunny94

Juniors
Well Fittler I can see why he went with Keary but he went against his word of that he picks on form for mine.

True, but he did still pick Walker so technically he didn't go against his word, he still picked him. Without being bias, he is on par with Jack Wighton and Jerome Luai as the form 5/8th of the year.
Which neither have been picked as 5/8 but in saying that the last couple of years Keary has been the gun 5/8 and organiser at the Scumbags and hw was unlucky not to get picked last year due to injury so I see why he chose him. Just hope he doesn't get knocked out.. atleast there is Walker.. maybe another reason why he chose him on the bench??...who knows.
Either way I'm happy with the team.
Completely unrelated to Souths but Paulo is a good pick, I like having Wighton and Gutho in the centres. As stated above I also like the prop rotation. Just hope we can hold it with Papalii as he is dangerous.

Rabbits20

Immortal
True, but he did still pick Walker so technically he didn't go against his word, he still picked him. Without being bias, he is on par with Jack Wighton and Jerome Luai as the form 5/8th of the year.
Which neither have been picked as 5/8 but in saying that the last couple of years Keary has been the gun 5/8 and organiser at the Scumbags and hw was unlucky not to get picked last year due to injury so I see why he chose him. Just hope he doesn't get knocked out.. atleast there is Walker.. maybe another reason why he chose him on the bench??...who knows.
Either way I'm happy with the team.
Completely unrelated to Souths but Paulo is a good pick, I like having Wighton and Gutho in the centres. As stated above I also like the prop rotation. Just hope we can hold it with Papalii as he is dangerous.
If Pap was fit Cody could’ve missed out.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
But having a get-out clause every year?? I doubt that's normal.
If it is, that is madness.
The bloke basically said look, every year I want to do a $onny bill and do what I want. If that's golf, I'll do golf.
If that's lawn bowls, I'll do lawn bowls.

Contract is a contract, sorry fella.
I doubt a guy like Cameron Murray has a get out clause in his contract for every year??
Exactly.
And unanimously concurred with my all the media and ex-footballer panelists on FOX.

The catch is IF there are get-out clauses EVERY SINGLE YEAR of the contract. We wiĺl see.....

Travitoh

First Grade
Souths have officially signed Tautau Moga 2021. Interesting signing tbh. He would honestly just be depth??

Only source i can find is the paper. Nothing official on rabbitohs.com or NRL.com.

Coming off of 4 knee surgeries, i don't think we'll see the same player that looked promising at NQ and Brisbane.

Last edited:

Latest posts