What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

denis preston

First Grade
We definitely softened up in that last 3rd of the season.. Compared to when the old dog was here we dropped tackle efficiency from .94 to .92 whilst PCM as a ratio of opposition meters gained went from .33 to .35

The figures under Young look scary.. it’s like we just gave up..

Yes agree but Graham wasn't the glue holding things together.More like the opportunist not wanting to really say it as it was as to not burn bridges. His public backing of Mcmuppet was probably getting up players noses and was more to do with his media career then anything else. I tip he will come back and get a job in the media or at worst assistant coach.Not the first player we signed up on obviously a downward path. Just disappointing we repeated this with Merrin , but for all we know he may be on a cheap contract ( or i hope he is ! )

denis preston

First Grade
Or maybe it was the case that the forwards that he tried to mentor haven't got the discipline nor the intestinal fortitude that he had in his prime. What also didn't help was the fact McGregor and Co kept picking players out of position. Frizell, Ford and Host used in the middles. He then moved Frizell back to the edge and insisted on playing both he and Tariq on the opposite sides that they were use to playing and got picked for NSW SOO in those positions. Masterstroke after masterstroke from the coaching staff who have all been shown the door. We only need to expunge Haran and Millward to start fresh.

This Haran is a real mystery man for a bloke in such a high profile job. Helensberg boy who worked in the Melbourne storm system for a while ? Anything else anybody here can add ?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Yes agree but Graham wasn't the glue holding things together.More like the opportunist not wanting to really say it as it was as to not burn bridges. His public backing of Mcmuppet was probably getting up players noses and was more to do with his media career then anything else. I tip he will come back and get a job in the media or at worst assistant coach.Not the first player we signed up on obviously a downward path. Just disappointing we repeated this with Merrin , but for all we know he may be on a cheap contract ( or i hope he is ! )
I’ve been disappointed with Merrin..

He’s a husk of the player he was when he left us..

Never been a big fan of bringing back a player once they’ve gone (Gaz excluded)..

That being said, Rein had a good relationship with Hook, didn’t he?

/duck

Old Timer

Coach
If people were truly honest about Graham they would know that there would be lucky to be 2 moments in the entire time he was with us where he would have a "highlight" added to his days at the dogs and those moments would be of him chasing an opposition player back to our goal line and probably him frothing at the mouth at Dufty.

BLM01

First Grade
This Haran is a real mystery man for a bloke in such a high profile job. Helensberg boy who worked in the Melbourne storm system for a while ? Anything else anybody here can add ?
He’s been involved in our pathways as a junior talent scout under Mullholland, he has been part of recruitment, our club football manager and Yes he has been shuffled around a few gigs moving his way up to now GM but it is more of an operational admin role co-ordinating transitions and welfare of staff snd players
Not really a decision maker here In regards to overseeing coach or player performance or recruitment and retention

Last edited:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
If people were truly honest about Graham they would know that there would be lucky to be 2 moments in the entire time he was with us where he would have a "highlight" added to his days at the dogs and those moments would be of him chasing an opposition player back to our goal line and probably him frothing at the mouth at Dufty.
.....Well least Dufty improved the following year.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Also with his body size/shape he needs to be playing regularly. The more football the better...etc; this in and out stuff with no reserve grade doesn’t help his cause; cant get enough football to get form; real paradox.
He had some good moments where he put on some footwork. Who knows with a good off season and the CC comp hopefully up and running he may be able to add something next year.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
He had some good moments where he put on some footwork. Who knows with a good off season and the CC comp hopefully up and running he may be able to add something next year.
Well if Griffin is as tough as they say, it sounds like he’ll be fit, so you never know; hope your right! Love to see Dufty be encouraged to follow him a bit more when hits the line.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Bottom line, very few players go the ESL and come back better players- they've usually gone because they've reached their use by date here and can't cut it anymore- which is why Millward's decision to sign both Merrin and Williame is so inexplicable.
Mmm; not sure it’s that dramatic regarding signing Merrin. He wasn’t going that bad at Penrith before he left. Wouldn’t have paid overs so I can see their perspective. Kerr and Lawrie etc still had plenty of chances so he hasn’t blocked their opportunity.

kit66

Bench
I’ve been disappointed with Merrin..

He’s a husk of the player he was when he left us..

Never been a big fan of bringing back a player once they’ve gone (Gaz excluded)..

That being said, Rein had a good relationship with Hook, didn’t he?

/duck

Merrin was a very good player early on for us with a great off-load if you remember but then along came first Price then Mary who worked their magic, the off-loads suddenly stopped and Merrin became less effective ( along with a few other team mates ). He was never the same after he went to Penrith and I can't see him miraculously regaining form next year, I'd love to see it but I know I won't.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Merrin was a very good player early on for us with a great off-load if you remember but then along came first Price then Mary who worked their magic, the off-loads suddenly stopped and Merrin became less effective ( along with a few other team mates ). He was never the same after he went to Penrith and I can't see him miraculously regaining form next year, I'd love to see it but I know I won't.
This is probably my most favourite Merrin thing ever:

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Don’t you love these ‘young school’ coaches...brilliant idea

Latest posts