What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Cartwright would do well at Melbourne but are we the sort of club that can turn around basket cases? I have my doubts...

Hopefully we are giving him f**k all and will insert some clauses in his contract to stop him and his dopey mrs doing some weird conspiracy theory shit that impacts on the club.

hindy111

Post Whore
Cartwright would do well at Melbourne but are we the sort of club that can turn around basket cases? I have my doubts...

Hopefully we are giving him f**k all and will insert some clauses in his contract to stop him and his dopey mrs doing some weird conspiracy theory shit that impacts on the club.

Low risk signing. Wouldnt be in much. I love how I said we should target him a month ago.
Hindy111 is king

Haynzy

First Grade

Manu Ma’u
Sui Matagi
Danny Wicks

Maybe BA can get something decent out of him because I’d say he’s probably more naturally talented than any of those guys.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Manu Ma’u
Sui Matagi
Danny Wicks

Maybe BA can get something decent out of him because I’d say he’s probably more naturally talented than any of those guys.
Talent has never been an issue. If he gets his attitude right he could be amazing.

Some of his performances for the Titans were appalling. He seemed allergic to tackling.

Gronk

Staff member
I understand the angst over Cartwright!, but we could have signed Fred Nerk for our top 30 who was also on the cusp of NRL, but had shit in his game to work on. This clown DOES have the game and the only impediment is his lazy bone and apparent arrogance and sense of entitlement. A classic tale of a talented kid who thought his ability would carry him through a successful NRL career. BA won’t pick him if he doesn’t tick all the boxes. Ask Salmon if true.

hindy111

Post Whore
These signings remind me of the signings from the 2003-2004 when Brian Smith bought a lot of shit players just for the sake of it. Everyone one of our signing so far are uninspiring and just plain shit.

I didn’t really rate Takarangi but he sure as shit a lot better than Cartwright FMD

Depends who they replace...

I'd like to put a list of guys we lost this season. And which ones played a role in our side also.
I can only think of KE and Davey ss a regular of our top 17.

Gower,Salmon,Taka,GJ,Stefano,KE,Terepo,Davey, Rhys Davies, Jai Field

hindy111

Post Whore
our defense was mostly good during the season but our attack seemed to suffer towards the end

maybe Hoss was recruited to boost our attack, who knows ?

might be worth a punt, we'll find out soon enough

Our attack was great in finals. We scored 4 tries in both games and could of had 6 in each.
Our defense went down the drain

emjaycee

Coach
Depends who they replace...

I'd like to put a list of guys we lost this season. And which ones played a role in our side also.
I can only think of KE and Davey ss a regular of our top 17.

Gower,Salmon,Taka,GJ,Stefano,KE,Terepo,Davey, Rhys Davies, Jai Field
Davey only got picked when we had an injury. So from the ones we let go, Evans was the only top 17 player although perhaps Terepo would have stayed in the 17 if available.

Snoochies

First Grade
To be fair, Cartwright recognises what we all recognise as well.

Asked by News Corp why an NRL club should punt on him, Cartwright said: “Because of the shit I have dished up over the last three years There’s no way I want to do that again.

“I want to play NRL again – that hasn’t changed. I feel like I’ve still got so much more to offer. I won’t stop trying. It will come down to me proving to people that I can do it and I will do it.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
These signings remind me of the signings from the 2003-2004 when Brian Smith bought a lot of shit players just for the sake of it. Everyone one of our signing so far are uninspiring and just plain shit.

I didn’t really rate Takarangi but he sure as shit a lot better than Cartwright FMD

Absolutely totally different, 2003 we were on the decline and Smith was trying to make signings for our top 13 to keep up with the style of game being played.

For 2021 our top 13 is pretty much set (dependant on Mennings outcome) and these signings are being added to fill our vacant squad positions (which have to be filled). They aren’t top 13 signings. There is no expectation that they play NRL, however if they do perform to the level they are capable of, then they will add a lot to the NRL side, if not they play NSW cup and we get new replacements for 2022...

Think we have 12 or so spots to fill, if only 2-3 of these new signings (on minimum contracts) exceed expectations, then we have achieved our goals - players playing above their paid grade ....

Latest posts