What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Rhyno

First Grade
Should ask Freddy about his stint as coach of the roosters when he took them to their first wooden spoon in 30 years.

A legend in his own mind.
Fittler achieved something that the last 4 west tigers coaches haven’t been able to do

He took he’s side to the finals

Way to go Freddy !

Papenhuyzen was a Balmain junior and featured in NSW representative sides before the 22-year-old chased his NRL dream with the Storm, where Billy Slater was coming to the end of his career and Tedesco was only getting started at the Tigers. Papenhuyzen was also more impressed with Melbourne and their plans to treat his hamstring issues.

"I was disillusioned when the Wests Tigers couldn't find a spot for him," Fittler said of Papenhuyzen. "There were a few [decisions] there where whatever they did during that period, it was just wrong.

"So someone got it wrong, whoever is was, and I don't care.

He signed with Melbourne in May 2017, in fact it was announced on the 5th of May.
In 2017 Teddy was the Tigers fullback and he wasn't only getting started at the Tigers, he was the fullback that was going to be there for a while and had already played SOO in 2016.

2017 was the year of the 3 coaches. Taylor for rounds 1 to 3 (last game was March 9. If young Papenhuyzen had some clever people around him including his parents, he would have seen that Teddy wasn't going anywhere and there was a chance to learn under Slater and Bellemy. I doubt the Tigers could do anything about his leaving Freddy.

Who's the current Chooks kicking coach? That's Taylor and no doubt Freddy won't come out and knock someone who's on the Chooks coaching staff would he? In fact, when Freddy said
There were a few [decisions] there where whatever they did during that period, it was just wrong.
I think of the Rankin signing, 22 games in 2016 when JT was coach, 1 game in 2017 under the 3 coaches.

Tiger05

First Grade
Why aren't we talking about Fifita leaving Brisbane or Tino, JAC and Vunivalu leaving the Storm. Why not attack Turdesco as a turncoat with no integrity ?

I hate the media BS that this club cops. It's so one sided.

I suppose we have to somehow not make ourselves easy targets and the only way to do that is win consistently.

simmo1

First Grade
I get that it's all easy in hindsight, but we always could have played Papenhuyzen on the bench (as Bellamy did) or wing.

Tedesco hadn't signed a contract for 2018 when Pap left. The club should definitely have had the foresight to keep him around until Tedesco's future was clear.

Tiger Ted

Bench
I get that it's all easy in hindsight, but we always could have played Papenhuyzen on the bench (as Bellamy did) or wing.

Tedesco hadn't signed a contract for 2018 when Pap left. The club should definitely have had the foresight to keep him around until Tedesco's future was clear.
The thing that irks me is how Pascoe has gotten away scot free after presiding over the disaster re our R & R.

The thing that irks me is how Pascoe has gotten away scot free after presiding over the disaster re our R & R.

He talked tough about Ivan and then let him waltz out the door smiling.

He’s about as tough as tissue paper.

No wonder we get reamed all the time.

And he should have visited the change room during the player revolt and given the politburo of the players liberation party a good f**king serve and set fire to a few contracts.

No one takes him seriously.

Last edited:

The Rosco

Bench
Fittler achieved something that the last 4 west tigers coaches haven’t been able to do

Speaking of wooden spoons, exactly how many does Parra have in the last 35 years ?
After seeing your love of stats and numbers, rhyno . . . you surely are the man to ask.
A woman can't have too many wooden spoons. Like a man with tape measures. 6 is a good starting point. Women be needing lots 'o' spoons. Just like Parra.

Last edited:

Tigerm

First Grade

It’s “his side” not “he’s side”.
Appreciate that you are still feeling the effect of another dud season after promising so much earlier on.

Old tiger 79

Juniors
Speaking of wooden spoons, exactly how many does Parra have in the last 35 years ?
After seeing your love of stats and numbers, rhyno . . . you surely are the man to ask.
A woman can't have too many wooden spoons. Like a man with tape measures. 6 is a good starting point. Women be needing lots 'o' spoons. Just like Parra.
I wouldn’t even bother replying mate, the merkins just a useless troll