What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tigers Movements

Fordy20

Juniors
That’s before looking at Madges inept judgement when recruiting players..

I'm not sure I agree with this. I reckon Madge judgment has been accurate when it comes to pinpointing the areas where we needed players. He has definitely chased some of the right players, but who we've actually ended up with has ranged from great to horrible. Ultimately you can only sign players who want to come here and that's how we ended with Doueihi. He was our fourth attempt at signing a fullback after DWZ, Brimson and Lomax.

WA Tiger

Bench
Doueihi. He was our fourth attempt at signing a fullback after DWZ, Brimson and Lomax.

And then Madge panicked..Instead of holding onto Corey T and being patient until we got someone proven and significantly better..Instead he panicked and took a gamble on someone that no one new if he was any good after his injury he wasn’t speed tested but we just had to sign someone to not look stupid.. And now we look more stupid..When we found out it was too late and down half a million $ and stuck with him...Thats inept recruitment..
And then of course Brookes

Last edited:

Fordy20

Juniors
But on the other hand he's picked up youngsters with great potential like Simpkins, Blore, Kepaoa and Utoikamanu. Also, he's obviously learnt from what happened with Doueihi by holding out for Harry Grant while blokes like Isaac Luke and Billy Brittain were being snapped up by the Dragons. Luciano was good signing, Musgrove has been good when he's on the pitch and Walters has been a handy backup. Sure there's been some stinkers like Jennings, but it hasn't been all bad.

Pezz70

Juniors
But on the other hand he's picked up youngsters with great potential like Simpkins, Blore, Kepaoa and Utoikamanu. Also, he's obviously learnt from what happened with Doueihi by holding out for Harry Grant while blokes like Isaac Luke and Billy Brittain were being snapped up by the Dragons. Luciano was good signing, Musgrove has been good when he's on the pitch and Walters has been a handy backup. Sure there's been some stinkers like Jennings, but it hasn't been all bad.
Nothing wrong with Douehi, the fullback experiment is a dud, he’ll pay for himself at no6. We look pretty dangerous in attack when he has the ball in his hands up front. He has the ability to really get things cooking up front. Momo and Talau in centres next year, Douehi 5/8, Kepaoa and Nofo on the wings, and for now Mbye at fullback. I think we’ll do okay. Be great if we could pick up another centre and a good fullback.

stryker

First Grade
Nothing wrong with Douehi, the fullback experiment is a dud, he’ll pay for himself at no6. We look pretty dangerous in attack when he has the ball in his hands up front. He has the ability to really get things cooking up front. Momo and Talau in centres next year, Douehi 5/8, Kepaoa and Nofo on the wings, and for now Mbye at fullback. I think we’ll do okay. Be great if we could pick up another centre and a good fullback.
That backline is a genuine wooden spoon earner

BrotherJim05

Bench

Unless we get JAC I think this is our best 1-6...which tbh is a huge concern

Tiger05

First Grade
That backline is a genuine wooden spoon earner

1. JAC/Mbye --> I'd like Mbye off the bench and move him on next year.
2. Nofo
3. BJ
4. Talau
5. AJ
6. Douiehi --> Reynolds isn't a first grader but we gain his high dollar contract back the following year.
7. Brooks

If we get that backline it's going to be the most inconsistent backline in the comp. I have no confidence in that backline and defensively there are holes all over it. In stating that every one of those players is a threat with the ball. Maybe it's a wooden spooner backline but if our forwards go forward there is heaps of upside to that backline.

WA Tiger

Bench
Wouldn’t Nofo be a potential star at fullback if there’s a gap there ..better than anyone else that’s current..prob N/A with JAC? He’s got all the skills - a high quality long pass, a great improvised kick when needed, speed, elusive....Mbye at centre at least he can pass ok, Talau on the wing with his knack for scoring tries in the corner..I think Nofos running skills could open things up more at fullback rather than wing where he’s always running into walls - just until something better comes along

Last edited:
Our lack of quality depth is a concern in the back line, when injuries,poor form or suspension arise we will be found wanting again.

Das Hassler

Bench
Congratulations to Harry Grant, named in Wayne Bennett's Qld State Of Origin squad.

He's in the "Wayne's World soon to be Bronco" bubble now without a fellow Wests Tiger in sight....no doubt he'll be made to feel quite at home and very welcome up there if he finds himself looking for a place to stay

Tigerm

First Grade
2 more sleeps and the pain, worry, exhilaration, jubilation & shock horror will be over and we will see what the club has done.

Hopefully they have done something.

Tiger05

First Grade
Does anyone know how good these development players are ? We need some quality coming through.

Tigerm

First Grade
Well tomorrow is supposed to be the big day, I hope we have a surprise or two coming.