What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's with Gal/Gus' dislike for us?

A couple of months ago on 100% Footy they were talking about the Fifita signing, and Gus took a swipe and said we've learned nothing and that we continue to poach players from other clubs. Then last night, when asked about our recent form, he goes "They haven't played anyone," and apparently it was solely down to the Knights not turning up.

I swear, the bloke has nothing good to say about us. In fact, I could say the same thing about Gal. Every time they're asked about us both on 100% and other shows like the WWOS weeklies, they both never have a good word to say about us.

Now don't get me wrong, I can cop criticism, but f**k me dead, winning 5 games in a row despite who the opponents are is surely better than winning 2 or 3 games a season like the past several years. How do you manage to turn that into a negative?

And now to debunk the dumb bs:

-Gal "They've had no pressure for 6 weeks". What the f**k are you talking about? We've had no pressure for the last 6 f**king years and we were still losing nearly every game at the end of the year and getting flogged by 20+.

Gal again for next year - "I don't think they can make the 8" yet proceeds to talk about how he thinks Brisbane can. How the f**k does that even make sense given Brisbane's end to the year compared to ours?

Gus : "They haven't learned a thing". Bullshit. Do you seriously think the signings of Fifita, Tino, and Ese Ese are anywhere near comparable to the genius signings of Latu, Cartwright and Boyd, all of which were signed to absurdly expensive contracts? Just f**king forget about the players already here like AJ, Mo and Fogs to 2022, Ash till 2021, Kelly till ??.

Gus: "They haven't played anyone". "Gal: "That's what I was saying". Mate, like you can talk. Your club has not beaten a team in the top 8 all year, you only beat the Dragons on a huge referee blunder and could have been beaten by us if we didn't get a player unnecessarily sent off when the game was still in the balance.

I just had to vent over the f**king dumb comments these jaded fools have been making on us. Most other footy commentators can at least acknowledge some improvement in us, but these two stooges either can't see it or simply don't want to acknowledge it.

Last edited:

Silent Knight

First Grade
You should wear it as a badge of honour. I wouldn't want Gal talking positively about my club because he is an A-grade f*ckwit, always has been. Also, he's very Sydney-centric.

Gus meanwhile is probably still butthurt over the fact that you guys turfed his boy Garth Brennan and offloaded that overrated hack Bryce Cartwright as soon as you could. The less your club has to do with Penrith, the better.

Gus meanwhile is probably still butthurt over the fact that you guys turfed his boy Garth Brennan and offloaded that overrated hack Bryce Cartwright as soon as you could. The less your club has to do with Penrith, the better.

I was thinking about this. Under Cartwright, Henry and Brennan he actually had good things to say about us, but ever since Brennan got the arse it's like he has an axe to grind. I will never forgive him for using us as his personal dumping ground for his Penrith rejects at the time, though our silly management and Brennen were dumb enough to fall for it.

mongoose

Coach
Gus has eyes only for the Panthers at the moment with Roosters his backup, i don't think he has much positive to say about any club except those 2. Have you heard him talk about the Eels this year? yeah their form hasn't been electric recently but they still came 3rd, he talks about them like they are a complete rabble.

The_Frog

First Grade
I was thinking about this. Under Cartwright, Henry and Brennan he actually had good things to say about us, but ever since Brennan got the arse it's like he has an axe to grind. I will never forgive him for using us as his personal dumping ground for his Penrith rejects at the time, though our silly management and Brennen were dumb enough to fall for it.
Ever since Brennan was sacked you've been a rabble, up until the last 5 weeks of this season. That might have something to do with it.

yeah their form hasn't been electric recently but they still came 3rd, he talks about them like they are a complete rabble.

Gets a lot wrong old Gussy, but the fate of Parra this year doesn't appear to be amongst them. Maybe the Eels will come good and flog the Rabbitohs on the weekend, and pigs might fly. Another Panthers dumping ground, and clubs seem to be lining up to be next, to the point of talking to players already under contract.

Last edited:
Ever since Brennan was sacked you've been a rabble, up until the last 5 weeks of this season. That might have something to do with it.

Bullshit, we'd been competitive since about halfway through the year despite some of those losses. We put up a fight against your mob and we were well in that game against the Sharks until that send-off. Even against the Roosters we were competitive. 'Rabble' is hardly a fair description of the performance's this team has been putting in through the back half of the year.

Last edited:

The_Frog

First Grade
Bullshit, we'd been competitive since about halfway through the year despite some of those losses. We put up a fight against your mob and we were well in that game against the Sharks until that send-off. Even against the Roosters we were competitive. 'Rabble' is hardly the description of what this team's been through the back half of the year.
I'll go with that, the improvement came before the wins. I hope it continues next year.

no name

Coach

Lol, booting Brennan was the best thing the club has done in the last 4 seasons. Brennan lost the team long before he was shown the door.
Holbrook, while still largely unproven, had the team playing with effort for the majority of the season, which lead to a bit of good form at the end.

If Holbrook can make any sort of improvement on this year, which is highly likely give the recruitment, then the Titans should make the 8 with ease.

Also, I’m not sure if it’s such a bad thing to have people like Gus and Gal talk them down, the Titans don’t have a great history of performing when high expectations are placed on them.

Travitoh

First Grade
Being written off now will only make a finals appearance next season even sweeter!

GC were my darkhorse to make the top 8 this year and I'll happily tip them to be there next. I'm actually spewing that you guys went so well at the end of the season as i was hoping to get a good price at the bookies!

Quietly building a talented roster with a very good coach at the helm. Don't worry about what Sydney media have to say. They've been in a bubble since before it was cool

This Year?

Immortal
A couple of months ago on 100% Footy they were talking about the Fifita signing, and Gus took a swipe and said we've learned nothing and that we continue to poach players from other clubs. Then last night, when asked about our recent form, he goes "They haven't played anyone," and apparently it was solely down to the Knights not turning up.

I swear, the bloke has nothing good to say about us. In fact, I could say the same thing about Gal. Every time they're asked about us both on 100% and other shows like the WWOS weeklies, they both never have a good word to say about us.

Now don't get me wrong, I can cop criticism, but f**k me dead, winning 5 games in a row despite who the opponents are is surely better than winning 2 or 3 games a season like the past several years. How do you manage to turn that into a negative?

And now to debunk the dumb bs:

-Gal "They've had no pressure for 6 weeks". What the f**k are you talking about? We've had no pressure for the last 6 f**king years and we were still losing nearly every game at the end of the year and getting flogged by 20+.

Gal again for next year - "I don't think they can make the 8" yet proceeds to talk about how he thinks Brisbane can. How the f**k does that even make sense given Brisbane's end to the year compared to ours?

Gus : "They haven't learned a thing". Bullshit. Do you seriously think the signings of Fifita, Tino, and Ese Ese are anywhere near comparable to the genius signings of Latu, Cartwright and Boyd, all of which were signed to absurdly expensive contracts? Just f**king forget about the players already here like AJ, Mo and Fogs to 2022, Ash till 2021, Kelly till ??.

Gus: "They haven't played anyone". "Gal: "That's what I was saying". Mate, like you can talk. Your club has not beaten a team in the top 8 all year, you only beat the Dragons on a huge referee blunder and could have been beaten by us if we didn't get a player unnecessarily sent off when the game was still in the balance.

I just had to vent over the f**king dumb comments these jaded fools have been making on us. Most other footy commentators can at least acknowledge some improvement in us, but these two stooges either can't see it or simply don't want to acknowledge it.

Both are Ch9 flogs who don't want anyone outside their or their employers' favourites to do well. At the start of the year, I felt their appointment of Holbrook was a good move and as the season went on they were improving. If anything I hope the contempt of Gould and Gallen gives the club motivation to succeed.

Being written off now will only make a finals appearance next season even sweeter!

GC were my darkhorse to make the top 8 this year and I'll happily tip them to be there next. I'm actually spewing that you guys went so well at the end of the season as i was hoping to get a good price at the bookies!

Quietly building a talented roster with a very good coach at the helm. Don't worry about what Sydney media have to say. They've been in a bubble since before it was cool

So eloquently put.

Titanic

First Grade
If the media’s opinions were in any way crucial we’d have folded years ago. Now we have a half decent roster and a jersey to match ... look out and watch the tone turn around.

Watching the next batch come through has been tough at times with a list of revolving door rejects passing through but at last a real coach and some fairdinkum talent has given the club a momentum swing towards the positive. As for Ghoul (sic) ... lol@gus