What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Memoriam

horrie hastings

First Grade
View attachment 43392 Ray Blacklock has passed away.

1981 Newtown winger has sadly died at 65 from multiple system atrophy.

Condolences to his family and friends and the RL community.

Newtown had a lethal wing combination in 1981 with Blacklock and John Ferguson. Little known fact that Blacklock played the second half of the 1981 Grand final with a broken arm.

Mr Spock!

Referee
Newtown had a lethal wing combination in 1981 with Blacklock and John Ferguson. Little known fact that Blacklock played the second half of the 1981 Grand final with a broken arm.
Gee they were a great pair of wingers.

Sad to hear about the death of Ray.

My favourite non James Bond Sean Connery movie:

I’ll have a martini for you shaken not stirred RIP Sir Sean Connery the real JamesBond.

Great film. Mine is The Hunt for Red October, what I’d put in the category of “perfect rainy Sunday afternoon movies”.

One of those rare actors that any film he’s in I've thoroughly enjoyed.

RIP.

I did not know Lisa Schouw passed away early October.

Tremendously sad.
Girl Overboard were a great band and the LP Paint A Picture was magnificent.

RIP. PP

Mr Spock!

Referee
David Prowse aka Darth Vader died aged 85

safe_image.php

Last edited:

nöyd

Staff member
How in the blue f**king hell has nobody posted this yet:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ral-wall-rattling-force-and-underrated-talent

10479938_794239590624590_4276462013737655176_o.jpg

Another icon of my childhood gone, The Toecutter used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. As I got older and was able to appreciate the villains in film as well as the heroes, I saw him as one of the coolest characters I'd grown up with regardless of his allegiances.

Yes we all cheered for Max, but this guy was ice cold, running down a mother and child, changing Max's life forever and making us all hope to hell this guy got his comeuppance. And he did.

A workmate and I still quote The Toecutter almost daily.

Toecutter: "Take your hat off..."

Station master: "Anything you say".

Toecutter: "Anything I say? What a wonderful philosophy you have".

Crushed. RIP Hugh Keays-Byrne.

Generalzod

Immortal
How in the blue f**king hell has nobody posted this yet:

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ral-wall-rattling-force-and-underrated-talent

10479938_794239590624590_4276462013737655176_o.jpg

Another icon of my childhood gone, The Toecutter used to scare the shit out of me as a kid. As I got older and was able to appreciate the villains in film as well as the heroes, I saw him as one of the coolest characters I'd grown up with regardless of his allegiances.

Yes we all cheered for Max, but this guy was ice cold, running down a mother and child, changing Max's life forever and making us all hope to hell this guy got his comeuppance. And he did.

A workmate and I still quote The Toecutter almost daily.

Toecutter: "Take your hat off..."

Station master: "Anything you say".

Toecutter: "Anything I say? What a wonderful philosophy you have".

Crushed. RIP Hugh Keays-Byrne.
He was in the last Mad Max film Fury road