What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sheffield Shield 2020/21

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good to see Sabbott getting a bit more consistent with the bat

Blues had opportunities yesterday but jeez Patterson and Hughes played some get out shots

Bazal

Post Whore
Wow, good research. Roger Binny eh, I vaguely remember him as a kid - but primarily as a bowler. Definitely not an opening bat, and definitely not capable of a double ton! But there we are (it’s definitely him though right?).

A little bit before my time but cos his son also played a bit for India I was aware of him....Test average in the mid-Twenties is solid and his FC average was 34 with about 6600 runs. Not shabby for a guy who also took 200+ FC wickets.

Turns out his son was pretty much an exact clone of the old man.

good to see Sabbott getting a bit more consistent with the bat

Blues had opportunities yesterday but jeez Patterson and Hughes played some get out shots

Yeah he’s always had ability with the bat but now genuinely is very handy, bordering on all-rounder...

Didn’t see the Patterson n Hughes dismissals but agree with @Bazal on Starc... flicked over after stumps in the SA Vic game to see Starc facing spin and thought immediately this will go one of 2 ways very quickly..

Like a fat kid in a cake shop, his eyes light up and can’t help himself...

A sitter at 1st slip dropped off a Marcus Harris Edge...

0/443....

Best all-time opening partnership, now heading for the Waugh Brothers all-time partnership record...

The_Frog

First Grade
Wow, good research. Roger Binny eh, I vaguely remember him as a kid - but primarily as a bowler. Definitely not an opening bat, and definitely not capable of a double ton! But there we are (it’s definitely him though right?).
Definitely him. That 211* was his highest first class score. Made 83* in a Test against Pakistan. First class average of 34.

As long as we don't go back to Bancroft or Harris....

No. I’m warming to trying Pucovski as an opener. He’s too much of a talent to be sitting on the sideline, and I think Cameron Green will soon get the no.6 spot. Only other spot that’s available is maybe no.5, but Travis Head is going pretty well.