What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Signings- Take 2

Tiger Shark

Bench
Dane Laurie would probably be a cheaper option then Corey Allan.

Cheaper ... yes

Better? .. Not at the moment. Allan had a very good junior career, he’s got good size and nearly 30 games experience under his belt.

Laurie has wraps but think we’re definitely getting a more NRL ready player in Allan.

i see him going back to the Broncos as our biggest challenge but depends what Kevvie has planned for the fullback spot. He’s already got a few options and could be too early for him to pull the trigger on an external fullback

Couldn't give a flying about our cap situation, tolman is useless and always has been. Would rather sign no one than have him in the squad, its another bryson goodwin signing.

Rant over

Tiger Shark

Bench
Couldn't give a flying about our cap situation, tolman is useless and always has been. Would rather sign no one than have him in the squad, its another bryson goodwin signing.

Rant over

And what was wrong with Bryson? He was cheap and filled a need for us for those few weeks.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
For what it’s worth I thought he had a couple of reasonable games but he also had a couple of shockers. Was dead set awful against the Pennies and I don’t think he got another shot after that. Gotta remember he turns 35 next month and that Penrith backline can make decent players look like mugs when they’re on.

Craigshark

First Grade
Cheaper ... yes

Better? .. Not at the moment. Allan had a very good junior career, he’s got good size and nearly 30 games experience under his belt.

Laurie has wraps but think we’re definitely getting a more NRL ready player in Allan.

i see him going back to the Broncos as our biggest challenge but depends what Kevvie has planned for the fullback spot. He’s already got a few options and could be too early for him to pull the trigger on an external fullback

everyone is talking about how dire our cap is and how limited space we have in it if any.. my point is, if that is the case which it appears to be Laurie might be all we can afford, hence the better option at the moment.

R-15-3

Juniors
At this stage do we have 3 spots left unless we let others go ???
King, Xerri and Goodwin???

Ads

First Grade
Cheaper ... yes

Laurie will be twice the player Allan is. We aren’t doing shit next year so sign the player that will grow with us. Laurie has huge potential. Would be an amazing signing. I’d give him the fullback spot from day 1.

Nellshark

Juniors
Daine Laurie is signed with the panthers until the end of 2021. And they see him as their long term prospect. He ain’t going anywhere

shadowboxer

First Grade
The two best replies on the topic
All other replies look like that other forum, and the idiocy that exists there
Pretty spot on summary - posts pleading for the club to make a bloody signing already has all the desperation of some of our killer past signings of Tim Smith. The pain next year is inevitable, just deal with it

AJB1102

First Grade
Yeah i understand, just feel this squad is a bit top heavy in the depth players as it is.

That's because we got too many on too much (offering too little). We need to grow our middle class. The balance is f**ked. It's why I hope we don't just dive into a big name, big money signing as soon as we can. Something like Moylan's $900k needs to be spent on 2 or 3 players for instance.