What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mansour for Saab

Jersey No 14

Juniors
Sabb wants out and will not stop (or put in the effort) until he's gone
He wants to go west
How about we trade Saab for Mansour.
This season he proved he's still got it.
Mansour played under Griffith and made the Australian Team
All good to me

He wants to go west
All good to me

Could be good for both however I think we have plenty of young talent in the outside backs and Hook, unlike Mary will give them opportunities.
Now if we can swap Saab for a decent forward then now we r talking.

SaintPeter

Juniors
No.
He has hands like feet.
We have fantastic young talent coming through.
Don't need another winger ........... (Maybe,,, JAC would be nice)

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I doubt it would work as they are getting rid of him to open the pathway for Staines. Hopefully Mansour being on the market though someone snaps him up limiting the options for others in Tartak’s portfolio so his slimy games backfire on him.

Gareth67

First Grade
Undoubtedly a class winger , however the Dragons must get away from the ‘ journeyman ‘ type of player and ensure our young players - who have so much potential are given their chance to shine .

We cannot repeat the mistakes of previous years , by signing players whom are nearing the end of their careers in lieu of our youth , who will then only become disenchanted and seek a future elsewhere .

I have faith in our new brain- trust to restore the Dragons pathway system , so as to allow the players to make the transit from the junior teams to placement in the NRL team itself .

Last edited:

BLM01

First Grade
He wants to go west
All good to me
Yeh sure.. as Penrith Get rid of Josh because his surplus to their needs
Don’t think there’s a spot there for him
And Mansour is in his twilight as a winger with his lack of speed and normally poor hands
But I must admit this year he’s been playing reasonably well along with the rest of his team
No we don’t need him at what he would cost

BLM01

First Grade
I doubt it would work as they are getting rid of him to open the pathway for Staines. Hopefully Mansour being on the market though someone snaps him up limiting the options for others in Tartak’s portfolio so his slimy games backfire on him.
So now you’re quoting the manager and questioning their character and rightly so
Niow you’re starting to see the picture why Saab has been portrayed by the media and supposedly reported things directly from his mouth in a bad light.
Look no further than Mario but it is all designed to masquerade some facts that won’t be made public.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
So now you’re quoting the manager and questioning their character and rightly so
Niow you’re starting to see the picture why Saab has been portrayed by the media and supposedly reported things directly from his mouth in a bad light.
Look no further than Mario but it is all designed to masquerade some facts that won’t be made public.
Of course I blame Mario above all but it takes two to tango. He still could have gone about it more professionally and not bagged us in the media.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
He wants to go west
All good to me

I can understand the argument for swapping Saab for a forward but doubt there is anyone of the quality we need in Sydney who is available and who we would want .

I'd rather look at a swap for Saab with Souths with Cory Allan coming the other way. Saab may have to travel to the east for training but he would be playing at Homebush- if he makes the 17. Allan can play wing but would also provide competition for Dufty at full-back, a big, tall, body which,apart from Lomax, we lack and at 22 he has great potential.

rasaint

Juniors
Josh Mansour is getting long in the tooth with another year on Apparent $500k.

He carries back strongly on kick returns. However, we have enough wingers lacking genuine speed. I’d rather bring Nene back. Fast and also carries strong.

One way or another I think Saab will go and I hope the club cuts some sort of deal that’s favourable to for both parties.

BLM01

First Grade
Josh Mansour is getting long in the tooth with another year on Apparent $500k.

He carries back strongly on kick returns. However, we have enough wingers lacking genuine speed. I’d rather bring Nene back. Fast and also carries strong.

One way or another I think Saab will go and I hope the club cuts some sort of deal that’s favourable to for both parties.
No Nene. His NRL career is about done and dusted not because of his age.

Crush

Coach
I'd take Mansour for a short term contract if the price was right.
Our current backline is very green.
We probably need that experienced player. He has faults yes but he'd do a job for us.