What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Panthers vs Storm

betcats

Referee
I do agree, but I think we were capable of blowing Melbourne off the park had we played our normal game of football that you mentioned. That is over the course of 80 minutes. We could have taken the lead early and then ran away with the game in the second half. I think we need to review our whole finals series as all 3 games were well below the best that we could have offered in 2020.

It is very frustrating knowing that we were the best team of 2020 and don't have a trophy to show for it.

Oh yeah over the 80 we could've done it but I just meant we werent going to blow them off the park in the first 10-20 minutes. We could've scored 2 or 3 tries against them in ten minutes for sure just not in the first ten minutes, they are to well coached and experienced for that. We had to work them over first and then put the foot down when we got some momentum. We showed even in the first half we could strip their edges and create space but their scramble defence was awesome, we just needed to hold on to the ball for a long period and grind them down a bit.

CCJohnC

Juniors
I do agree, but I think we were capable of blowing Melbourne off the park had we played our normal game of football that you mentioned. That is over the course of 80 minutes. We could have taken the lead early and then ran away with the game in the second half. I think we need to review our whole finals series as all 3 games were well below the best that we could have offered in 2020.

It is very frustrating knowing that we were the best team of 2020 and don't have a trophy to show for it.

Got a trophy for Minor Premiership not to be sneezed at!!

Kilkenny

Coach
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I say this without having had the balls to watch a replay or even the highlights of our GF loss.

I really think the coaching staff must shoulder the majority of the blame around our GF loss and it really all centred around replacing Naden with May.

It really was a negative decision and went against everything that worked for us 2020.

Brent Naden has in his makeup some issues with defensive reads but there were times during the season when his coming out of the line shut down the attacks of our opponents.

The more I look back on our GF loss, even allowing for the fact we didn’t play anywhere near our best against the Storm, I truly believe Ivan stuffed up in his decision to start May in front of Naden in our two biggest games of 2020.

I hope Brent Naden is with us in 2021. He has some flaws, not perfect but I love his passion, commitment, determination and I see no reason why he is not worthy of being retained unless there are off field issues we are not ware of.

blue bags

First Grade
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and I say this without having had the balls to watch a replay or even the highlights of our GF loss.

I really think the coaching staff must shoulder the majority of the blame around our GF loss and it really all centred around replacing Naden with May.

It really was a negative decision and went against everything that worked for us 2020.

Brent Naden has in his makeup some issues with defensive reads but there were times during the season when his coming out of the line shut down the attacks of our opponents.

The more I look back on our GF loss, even allowing for the fact we didn’t play anywhere near our best against the Storm, I truly believe Ivan stuffed up in his decision to start May in front of Naden in our two biggest games of 2020.

I hope Brent Naden is with us in 2021. He has some flaws, not perfect but I love his passion, commitment, determination and I see no reason why he is not worthy of being retained unless there are off field issues we are not ware of.
Panthers star Brent Naden undergoes 'voluntary rehabilitation' at Sydney facility

Brent Naden
Panthers star Brent Naden is under the care of medical professionals after voluntarily admitting himself into a rehabilitation clinic.

Naden was admitted to South Pacific Private in the week after Penrith's grand final loss to Melbourne, having approached the Panthers welfare team to discuss his issues with alcohol, according to The Daily Telegraph.

"Following the 2020 NRL Grand Final, Brent Naden approached the club and disclosed a number of personal issues he wished to address," the club said in a statement released this afternoon.

"As a result, Brent is currently undertaking a voluntary rehabilitation program in a private Sydney facility.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F78d8e1b7-14ce-46cf-9fdc-2bb87bc05407

Brent Naden (Getty)
"Brent, his family, his management and the club kindly ask the media to respect his privacy and will be making no further comment at this time."

The Daily Telegraph reports Naden admitted to Panthers welfare staff that he had been affected by the racial abuse he had experienced in Gosford late in the season.

Penrith chief executive Brian Fletcher confirmed that the NRL had been notified of Naden's admission.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/brent-naden-penrith-panthers-rehab/0f588abd-bd8e-42d8-aa0c-40238d8a0ad7

MugaB

Coach
Panthers star Brent Naden undergoes 'voluntary rehabilitation' at Sydney facility

Brent Naden
Panthers star Brent Naden is under the care of medical professionals after voluntarily admitting himself into a rehabilitation clinic.

Naden was admitted to South Pacific Private in the week after Penrith's grand final loss to Melbourne, having approached the Panthers welfare team to discuss his issues with alcohol, according to The Daily Telegraph.

"Following the 2020 NRL Grand Final, Brent Naden approached the club and disclosed a number of personal issues he wished to address," the club said in a statement released this afternoon.

"As a result, Brent is currently undertaking a voluntary rehabilitation program in a private Sydney facility.

https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2F78d8e1b7-14ce-46cf-9fdc-2bb87bc05407

Brent Naden (Getty)
"Brent, his family, his management and the club kindly ask the media to respect his privacy and will be making no further comment at this time."

The Daily Telegraph reports Naden admitted to Panthers welfare staff that he had been affected by the racial abuse he had experienced in Gosford late in the season.

Penrith chief executive Brian Fletcher confirmed that the NRL had been notified of Naden's admission.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/brent-naden-penrith-panthers-rehab/0f588abd-bd8e-42d8-aa0c-40238d8a0ad7
A bit late, btw news just in, panthers also lost the GF

Latest posts