What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GF Day Coverage

Vee

First Grade
Like many here, first time I've watched nein in ages. And I'm well and truly reminded why.

Don't usually watch pregame as I can't stand wading througha sewer of shit hoping for an occasional nugget worth hearing. Today I taped the lot and watched it on fast forward. Can still understand what they're saying, just so much less BS.

Enjoyed my day heaps more than usual.

Hoofhearted

Juniors
I've watched the whole season on Fox because in WA 9 go to extra lengths to make their coverage crap, the picture quality is atrocious and they always cut the games straight after the full time siren for an old 50's movie. Unfortunately today we are trapped and have to watch them, usual story of piling in as many adds as possible even to the point they went to an add break 2 mins into the game in the middle of play.
We actually got to see the presentation for once, we should be so thankful. But then the coverage was immediately cut and we are again treated like second class citizens. They should make it that if 9 don't show any part of the coverage, wherever in the country they do it, fox can immediately simulcast.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The kids bit to start was touching, went downhill very quickly from there. Thank f**k I only have to watch Ch9 four times a year! Why you wouldn’t subscribe to kayo I have absolutely no idea!

Perth Tiger

Bench
I've watched the whole season on Fox because in WA 9 go to extra lengths to make their coverage crap, the picture quality is atrocious and they always cut the games straight after the full time siren for an old 50's movie. Unfortunately today we are trapped and have to watch them, usual story of piling in as many adds as possible even to the point they went to an add break 2 mins into the game in the middle of play.
We actually got to see the presentation for once, we should be so thankful. But then the coverage was immediately cut and we are again treated like second class citizens. They should make it that if 9 don't show any part of the coverage, wherever in the country they do it, fox can immediately simulcast.
Agreed

unfortunately we are suck with 9 for the next 3 origin games as well!

KennySterling

Juniors
If anyone doesn't believe that 9's coverage is harming the game they are kidding themselves. It is dire.

I have criticised Fox at times but jeez they are light years ahead of this self-satisfied mob.

That was a bloody awful watch (and listen !!) today.

Ray Warren - retire for God's sake.
And who the hell puts Gould & Johns in the commentary box with Sterlo available ?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha, Gus defending himself against a barrage of criticism for his biased commentary.

"They need to go back and listen to it again," Gould told Fordham. "They only hear what they want to hear. They only hear what they want to hear. I've got no fear whatsoever. There is a difference between bias and honesty, I’m always honest."
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...rejects-bias-allegations-20201026-p568kq.html

mongoose

Coach

that's appalling if true and displays a serious conflict of interest somewhere along the line. Why are Channel 9 so disrespectful to the game outside of NSW and QLD? is there some hidden code war agenda under it, either way NRL needs to have far more control over how their partners promote the game. If you don't respect your own product then neither will they.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
If anyone doesn't believe that 9's coverage is harming the game they are kidding themselves. It is dire.

I have criticised Fox at times but jeez they are light years ahead of this self-satisfied mob.

That was a bloody awful watch (and listen !!) today.

Ray Warren - retire for God's sake.
And who the hell puts Gould & Johns in the commentary box with Sterlo available ?

I think its absolutely disgraceful whats happened to Sterlo over the years, no wonder he wanted to get a gig at Fox Sports and Triple M

Has Ch 9 basically demoted him for some reason?

Now they have Gould and Johns as their main commentators, I mean please. Bring back Sterlo and Fatty, they were the days of Channel 9 covering League.

footy75

Bench
That channel nine GF commentary (if you can call it that) was a disgrace.

Listening to people like Mick Ennis and Cooper Cronk on Fox is a million times better.

This shows just how hostile the WA media is towards RL. The Reds weren't given any favours by the local rags and TV stations. If the Pirates were introduced they would cop the same treatment.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Totally wrong, the West Australian cover any local club extremely well regardless of sport and 6PR radio station is a massive RL supporter. Ch9 is just sht and yes they are hostile to the sport everywhere, the covg in RL heartlands is atrocious and in the rest of the country down right pathetic. Got nothing to do with a hostile media in perth.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I live in WA lol, I think Id know. Maybe in 1997 I wasnt here then but my experience in today is that WA is incredibly parochial and will get behind any team representing Perth, that includes the media. Generally RL has been getting more covg since around 2011 when the game burst back into life here. When we have the big events it gets a lot of covg, front page sometimes like Origin.

I live in WA lol, I think Id know. Maybe in 1997 I wasnt here then but my experience in today is that WA is incredibly parochial and will get behind any team representing Perth, that includes the media. Generally RL has been getting more covg since around 2011 when the game burst back into life here. When we have the big events it gets a lot of covg, front page sometimes like Origin.
People in Perth still refer to the game as "rugby".